Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:44 PM   #1

Aiptek's Taiwan website shows a DV8800, which I believe to be the Digilife DDV-M1/910. So those of you who prefer the Aiptek brand can now get the latest hybrid.

Note the Aiptek "gallery", showing some of their original models:
http://www.aiptek.com.tw/english/product/dv/dv_his.htm
Oddly, they don't list the excellent DV4500 or the 4100 as either current or outdated models.

I'm going to have to list this and the DV6800 on the Hybrid List as knockoffs. Hanshing also makes the knockoff list for their PMP 370, which again is the DDV-V1.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:38 PM   #2

That hurts big time 6. meg now 8 plus meg with a remote and a webcam not fair lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:08 PM   #3

Updated information :

Mpvr red sensor is a dummy spot, Aiptek spokesperson on the phone gave me a few minutes of his time to tell me. the 8800 is only being relase to the uk or asia sites . They will monitor the sales of the cameras. and if it sells like hotcakes then they will go the next step. this holds true for the mpvr in the USA and will upgrade. I asked a very simple question :

" The body of the mpvr with the remote sensor is the 8800 but without the use of the remote?"

If you are interested in this model the 8800 they will release to the states within the end of the year. all goes well the

Aiptekmpvr = the digilifev1 w/o remote or Ispan 810

aiptek 8800= the digilife m1, Ispan 810
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:25 PM   #4

So you didn't get a remote with your Aipek MPVR? Cheapskates!

I've seen an Aiptek site that lists the remote as an option for that camera. I wonder if it has the IR port anyway. I bet the port is wired up and you just need the remote. Take it apart and see if it corresponds to the IR sensor in the V1's internal picture.

To get it apart, carefully pry off the four corners of the "saddle" plastic insert over the top. There's a couple of screws underneath. The other screws are two under the screen and two in the battery compartment. If you can't tell, post a picture and I'll offer an opinion. Of course, then you'd have to buy a remote somewhere.

Good info digging from Aiptek!

Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:26 PM   #5

sg.. it is either they do or don't know i have a good number of remotes need the signal for it. I have an idea web cam from a member, and point to the camera think that'll work lol I have to try that with a friend who has a cable bos its a thought .

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Yep 20.00 more and I could have had a v1 lol

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"will wait for the m1/910 soon t obe released at least i get a ccd lens or sensor this time around, and will hold off of the aiptek 8800

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I'll try to find the aiptek site with the remote and read up thanx too new to snap apart but hmmmmmmmmm
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:45 PM   #6

If that means you're going to try a remote over a webcam, I doubt that will work. I suppose I could be surprised, but I don't think the infrared wavelengths will be transmitted.

I believe the M1/910 has a cmos sensor, 5Mp instead of the V1/810's 3Mp cmos. If you want ccd, and I know I do, we'll have to wait for the 920/1000.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:37 PM   #7

as posted in other topics the remote is available. I think Aiptek just placed a stamp on the 8megapixal and it is a 6 megapixal camera in a holloween costum.