Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:51 AM   #11

I think you're right, no AV-in, although there is a remote control. The C6 won't be available until the end of November. I doubt any ebay sellers actually have them yet, they will ship when they get them. The C5 and C4 are everywhere, they have them at my local computer store, when the C6 and C40 actually come out expect them to drop in price.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:53 AM   #12

at your local shop what are the prices, if afraid to tell online Pm me thanx.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:07 PM   #13

Still expensive.It's a chain store here in Canada, Compusmart,not a discount store by any means, so the pricesare near MRSP. Theone around the cornerfrom my placehas the C5 in their display case for $CAD 759.99 (~=$USD 600). For someone in the U.S., it would becheaper at Amazon (currently $549.99). Hmmm, and I might be wrong about prices for olders models dropping, Amazon still has the C1 for $419, oh wait that's with 512MB memory card, without it's $299!? Weird. I think if the C40 is targetted to the lower end, I wouldalso considerit over the C6, based on price/performance.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:24 PM   #14

I see the c5 with a pkg bundel for 400.00 shipped 1 gig and batter. but I would like some guests or members who might have them come foward with vid. otherwise I am better off getting a digital camera, that has an optical zoom, like cannon or casio and take the smae shots but not having mp3 format or other lil items. that is not a loss.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:11 PM   #15

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
[...]but I would like some guests or members who might have them come foward with vid.[...]
I came across quite a few videos from the C5 around the internet other than the ones by deeje cooley mentionned above, but I can't remember where they all were. Did you look at the seven videos posted here, at Steve's Digicams? I linked to one in another thread that you already looked at. There are five videos posted at unmediated. Sanyo hasa sample video.

Edit: I rememberedI sawanother video and the C5 user manual at Semsons.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 4:12 PM   #16

awhile back I seen some vids of a person, 11 sec samples wind noise etc, andwas at steves forum. Yes i had seen some thanx
Old Oct 27, 2005, 3:18 PM   #17

Hmmm, I wonder if priceswill indeed fallfor the C5 once the C6 is out... these look like good deals now on the C5: $425 at iGearbox, $377 at Warehouse123, $357 at Plemix. Amazon's price is back up because they sold out.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:57 PM   #18

That sure sounds like a good deal? I have asked a friend who has family overseas, and se if tthey can get me a price on one model and if it is a steal of a dea, I am in on it , the shipping may kill me 20-40.00 but better then ebays over pricing on shipping I never felt taken when I ordered my car part 3 days and helicopter part 3 days as well. well worth the money.

additiona lquestion the c5 is a 5 meg apixal

the c6 is a 6 megapixal

and no difference otherwise? and the c40 is just skinnier?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 6:39 PM   #19

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
[...]better then ebays over pricing on shipping[...]
Quote:
additiona lquestion the c5 is a 5 meg apixal

the c6 is a 6 megapixal

and no difference otherwise? and the c40 is just skinnier?
Yes many e-bays make their money off the shipping, and if it's out of country you may face additional duties/taxes.

No it's not the only difference! If you look at my first post in this thread, for one thing, itshould have much better low light performance and perhaps a better digital zoom since it now features a new "9 mixed pixels" technology. The C40 is an improved C4, same 4Mp but features the new "4 mixed pixels" technology and therefore should be better in low light and possibly during digital zoom.

The C5 has a max. movie ISO of 800, the C6 has a max. movie ISO of 3600!This imageto demonstratebetter low-lightis from Sanyo-DSC web site:

Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:13 PM   #20

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SANYO-XACTI-...QQcmdZViewItem

over 600 and chang WOW! I emailed for a vid sample