Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 31, 2005, 5:28 PM   #21

Hi All-

I also see the c6 is available at dynamism for $629 the link below is for the c5 but i called them and they will get the c6 to you in 7 days anyone buy from there and is there a downside to not buying the american version?

THANKS!!!

http://www.dynamism.com/xtaci-c5/index.shtml

undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 5:51 PM   #22

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
over 600 and chang WOW! I emailed for a vid sample
Don't forget the $45 shipping + customs duties and fees and the end of November shipping date.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:13 PM   #23

Fishy, that ebay seller posted that add the day Sanyo announced the C6.They most likely donot havethe C6 yet. And those sample pictures did not come from the Sanyo C6, the files have a .GIF extension and there is no EXIF header, it's all wrong! I wouldn't post them here as being C6 images if I were you.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:01 PM   #24

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Fishy, that ebay seller posted that add the day Sanyo announced the C6.They most likely donot havethe C6 yet. And those sample pictures did not come from the Sanyo C6, the files have a .GIF extension and there is no EXIF header, it's all wrong! I wouldn't post them here as being C6 images if I were you.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Cal.... Deleted at your request

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"you know something those pix can be as old as a year ago? it is funny how one claimes it is from the source ?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I was just watching the mpvr show and they claim the pix were taken from the camera and I remember seeing the pix from another source lol. I got it on the mpvr but win movie maker is acting up codecs I bet? will post in the proper channals.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:51 AM   #25

Thanks, yes you're right, unless we can look at a JPEG's EXIF information we can't know for sure where it came from.

By the way, it appears that, based on Japanese pricing for the C6 and C40 that they will be priced near what the C5 and C4 were when they first came out. According to Kokatu the C6 is listed as low as ¥54600 ($470) and the C40 ¥39800 ($340) at this time... andthey're still not evenavailable yet.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:24 AM   #26

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, yes you're right, unless we can look at a JPEG's EXIF information we can't know for sure where it came from.

By the way, it appears that, based on Japanese pricing for the C6 and C40 that they will be priced near what the C5 and C4 were when they first came out. According to Kokatu the C6 is listed as low as ¥54600 ($470) and the C40 ¥39800 ($340) at this time... andthey're still not evenavailable yet.

there available at dynamism for $629 (sanyo c6) anyone ever buy from here?

thanks

http://www.dynamism.com/
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:44 AM   #27

undurdog55 wrote:
Quote:
[...]there available at dynamism for $629 (sanyo c6) anyone ever buy from here?[...]
They are selling the Japanese import models for both the C5 and C6. You could find a better price for the import models. They won'tget the C6 before any other Japanese dealergets them anyways.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:56 AM   #28

so should i just wait for the american version?

thanks
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:03 AM   #29

It's up to you, it's almost the same machine, what may vary is the bundle, power adapters, manuals, software, etc.. My personal opinion is that you always pay a lot more just to be first to have something, so it pays to wait a little. Either way you will need to wait since it's not actually available yet and the first run due out at the end of November isonly for 15000 units, probably intended for the Japanese market.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:28 AM   #30

thanks for the advice. i think i will wait it out.