Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:15 AM   #1

Update: thanks to cybrosh for pointing out that it's now on Sanyo's DSC site. I also noticed there is a new C40 there? I'm not quite sure what the difference between the C4 and C40 are, it appears to be an updated C4, perhaps Sanyo simply wantthe C6 and C40 to meet different price points.

Sanyo Xacti DMX-C6 (japanese press release)

6Mp, fluid 60fps, more details to come... Will on the market at the end of November.

Akihabaranews has posted a blog entry about it.

from what I've translated so far, they are boasting:

• Smooth 60fps motion?, not sure what that means, appears that when ouput to your TV it will output an NTSC compatible 60 fields per seconds. [/*]
  • A new "9 mixed pixels" technology utilised during movie mode: could they be utilising the entire sensor when recording a movie?! Sounds good. [/*]
  • 60x zoom, that's 5x optical and 12x digital, but if they are utilizing the entire sensor during movie mode that means that the digital zoom should actually be of good quality. [/*]
  • They are claiming much better low light sensitivity and are crediting the new "9 mixed pixels" technology. [/*]
  • It apparently informs about warnings and errors using a talking voice? [/*]
  • Apparently red-eye reduction is automatically done digitaly in the camera. [/*]
  • Lens: 38mm-190mm, super macro focuses down to 1 cm. [/*]
  • Wind noise reduction feature. [/*]
  • ISO ranges: stills: 50-400, movie: 450-3600 [/*]
  • Built-in editing, 13 hour voice recording, USB2.0.
    [/*]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 5:17 PM   #2

They are claiming much better low light sensitivity and are crediting the new "9 mixed pixels" technology.

if this is true i'll have to ebay the c5 i just got off ebay :O
starpause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 3:18 AM   #3

Basic info now on the english page:

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/pro..._c6/index.html
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:03 PM   #4

Thanks, I've added it to the Hybrid List. I see there's also a C40. I wonder why that instead of a C50?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 6:32 AM   #5

When still images are taken, video clip shooting will be interrupted for approximately 2 seconds. Also, when the digital image stabilizer is on and when certain picture modes are being used, the field of view of still images will be altered.In TV-HQ mode (MPEG-4 bit rate: 2 Mbps).

the camera is great , they came foward right to the bat, saying there are alterations and interruptions on the video andsnapping of the pic, that to me would be great, I would concider the lower end model . my opinion.

my next conceern is it does not take 60fps in video it play back 60 fps in jpeg motion andthat may be sharper image like the canon cameras unless i got it mixed up,

possably the 60fps will be a way to say hdtv adaption a guess
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:36 AM   #6

Yes, the C5 also had the video delay when taking a still at the same time. deeje cooley posted a sample video with this effect on his blog (it's the outdoor video). I think it's important for a brand name to disclose these things to avoiddissapointed customers, as opposed to, say Supacam .

My concern for the lower end model is: does it feature the new "mixed pixels" technology? If every pixel of the 6Mp sensor in the C6 is utilized during video and interpolated down toVGA size, that would increase the video quality dramaticaly. EDIT: yes it does! The C40 features "4-pixel mixture technology".

Motion jpeg is not involved. Iassume the 60fps is to smooththe output to TV only. It makes sense sincenormal regularNTSC TV operates at 60 interlaced fields per second, not 30 frames per second. I assume the C6 will split every frame in two seperate fields,all odd and even lines and ouput theminterlaced at 60 fields per second. I'm just guessing but it kind of makes sense since it's hownormal TV works.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:55 AM   #7

ca.. thank you for clearing it up. about 400.00 usc on ebay. now that is pritty good for an 5.0 plus optical, will have to re re-read the blog and please pos again the blog sorry.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 1:48 PM   #8

I think the JVC Everio hybrids use this 30/30 interlaced system and call it 60fps interlaced.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:51 PM   #9

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
[...]and please pos again the blog sorry.[...]
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you talking about deeje cooley's blog? The bold text in my previous post is the link.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 7:45 AM   #10

if ound the link but too excited to find the vid lol. This camera, seems to NOT have the av in? Hoping I am wrong? I can only find it on eby, and Like i said befor around 400.00 shipped from hong kong. C4 or c5 model? stil a steal of a deal , Will see if a member who recieved one will send a vid for us to view?