Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:53 PM   #1

Hello, I'm looking at one of these hybrid11 MP DIGITAL VIDEO CAMCORDER CAMERA MP3 PMP DDV910 M1 camera's to use during paintball. I want to use this camera while im running around to record sort of a first person view movie. (IE strap it to my gun). The camera is in my price range 100 CAN. My question is, is this camera a quality camera that will be able to handle bouncing around while im running... As well, will it record fast enough so that I won't get that skip or slowdown kinda thing????

Any info on this camera, my questions or any reviews would be very very very useful!As well, any recommendations of cameras around this price range would be useful as well! Thanks in advance!

Innervision
innervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:39 PM   #2

I dont know anything about the camcorder you listed. This one here is way outside of your price range but has one feature that makes it ideal of action like you want. It has a remote lens that you can easily strap to your gun or helmet while keeping the main unit our of the way. After you get shot/drop your gun a few times, you might end spending this much replacing the other camera.

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/...etailReview.do
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:53 PM   #3
Administrator

For this type of hybrid camera, you'll probably have a better chance of getting useful responses in our newer Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams Forum

Most of the other forums here are geared more towards still cameras, even though many have a video feature (usually withlenses and sensors optimized more for still pictures). Although, I'll admit thatthe lines are starting to get blurred between these camera types. :-)

So, I'll move this post to the Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams Forumfor you, where someone may be more familiar with it's pros and cons.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:08 PM   #4

Thank you Mod Jimc..... Welcome in Innervision. stabilzation will post a vid. the camera will accept a modified external lens. see the topics in here and also review the aiptek mpvr thy are very simular cameras mine the mpvr does not have a remote, 20.00 difference . we love these toys they are great they are economy cameras . END if you plan on shooting it for paintball then what a better way not to worry about something happening. the v1 or m1 are pmps and can be found in th brief description of pmp cameras. look research and read at the webpage.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

this thread wil lanswer your Q's on a external lens

i'll post a vid with a stabilization shortly for you, so please check back as i must make one , I'll move around jump a little and shake. just understand it must be less then Putfiles size or I'll load up on youtube 100 meg. the stabilzation takes up

file size 1.5x more room. not bad. review this thread for a hybrid

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

there are a few people in the above thread external Pm them and they'll guide you t othe right choice

Most popular camera is the v1, and m1 not leaving out the mpvr by aiptek.

mod fishy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:49 PM   #5

The hybrids are a good choice for that sort of activity because they have no moving parts. Within the hybrids, you have the choice of getting a camera with or without a remote lens head. If you don't want the remote lens, you'll face issues of how to carry, attach and operate the camera during the action. Obviously a remote lens head is designed to solve most of those issues.

The Sanyo Xacti Sports model would do this job the best, but is not the cheapest. The Dejaview Camwear also has a remote lens, but its performance doesn't compare to the Sanyo.

Lately, some hybrids have been equipped with video-in jacks. A couple of us have experimented with attaching surveillance spycam-type cameras to those video-in ports. This works, and is a cheaper solution than the Sanyo. However, the Sanyo offers better perfornance and a more integrated setup. If you go the cheaper route, you probably want to get a relatively expensive spycam ($150+) so the video quality will be closer to the camera's own lens/sensor system. We have a topic in this forum where we are discussing doing this.

A Digilife DDV-M1 for $100cdn is much lower than I've seen them. More likely closer to $200 by the time you get it home, and you still need a memory card or two. Add the higher quality remote lens head and you're up closer to the price of an Xacti Sports, but with a lower quality and more awkward setup.

If you want to go really cheap, just get any of the simple Aiptek or Mustek hybrids and strap it to your gun as you described. Whether the quality of the output from any of these solutions will be good enough for you is something only you can judge. Getting a cheapo would let you evaluate how these cameras work without sinking a lot of $$ into it. And if you don't like it, it would make a good gift - as long as it's not full of paint.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:25 AM   #6

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
[...]The Sanyo Xacti Sports model would do this job the best[...]
Perhaps you meant the Samsung sports model (SC-X105L)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:02 PM   #7

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
[...]The Sanyo Xacti Sports model would do this job the best[...]
Perhaps you meant the Samsung sports model (SC-X105L)
Thanks for the correction. You'll have to watch for that because I do get the two names mixed up.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote