Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:54 AM   #1

Yeah,

I found this camera as I was browsing the net and couldn't find any information on it. Has anyone seen or heard of this Company and Camera:

http://tcldigital.manufacturer.globa...GetProduct.htm

It seems promising ... although alot like the DSC-M1. Anyways, I was just hoping someone might see this post and know something that could steer me in the right direction ... that is to buy it or not.

Aaron

PS Anyone know when/if a review of the DSC-M2 will be posted
taekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:46 PM   #2

taekat, welcome to the forum!

Seems to me about a month ago there was a post about this camera - it's already in the Hybrid List, although I need to complete more of the specs. Sounds promising. I have no idea if Steve will be doing a review of the DSC-M2.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 2:45 AM   #3

Thanx for the update. I'm really interested in getting a hybrid. I've been watching the Sanyo C5 for awhile just because it was miles ahead of Sony and had promising features. Then the DSC-M2 came out along with the VPC-C6 and I eventually found this TLC Digital DV009. Anyways, the C6 looks like it's a cleaned up C5, and I love third generation anything. However I found the VPC-C6 MRSP of $725US to be too high. The cheapest I could find it going for is $650US and personally that's still just way too high. I guess i'll wait to see what Steve says about the DSC-M2 and if it ups the C5 I'll go for that one, if not I'll stick to the C5 or wait till the prices drop on the C6.

Anyways, rambled on a bit,

Thanx for the help,

Aaron
Old Oct 31, 2005, 4:19 AM   #4

OPTICAL HYBRIDS are not going to be cheap, still a fixed lens, the camera you found is a resemblance to the aiptek 5300 but no way near its featuresit can be found in the link provided

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...37/17820/2.htm

and with other ones. The c5 runs for under 400 as well as the c4 possably the c6 to but i lost count a long time ago. I personally like thestyle of the one you mentioned but i also like the c5 as wel but when owning 4-6 of different ones I always go back to my mustek a lil camcorder
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:39 AM   #5

Ok

So what Mustek camera do you recommend? I found a couple on ebay, I'm just not familiar with the brand.

Aaron
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:53 AM   #6

I am not recommending a mustek I was making a comment.

I own a mustek dv3000, 3500, and 4500 the 3500 and 4500 are great old style hybrids,

Today the Pmp hybrids have a better style and feature, The ispan/digilife/aiptek pmp s have a little bettere feature and stronger flash.

but hands down any optical zoom hybrid is a winner sanyo and the brand you are referring to are the best end cameras, I can recommend the mustek due to how much fun I got out of it, the aiptek the sound and vid just seem not up to par, and cannot afford the sanyo at 600.00 but seeing the threads or blogs of one I am trading in some junk and adding it to the sanyo c5 or c6.

that understood, research is the key.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:13 PM   #7

From the link taekat provided, it turns out TLC makes several hybrids. So I added them to the Hybrid List. Oddly, I can't find any other site for them, and they don't have the sensor native resolution in the specs.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:42 PM   #8

Did you try http://tcl.com/English/for the specs? Click Digital, then click Digital Camera.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:08 AM   #9

Thanks, Old HACer,

That site has more complete specs, so I've updated the entry in the Hybrid List. I didn't look long enough to find out what pixel count the DV006 is.

Interesting to be still discovering entire lines of hybrids. We're up to about 100 distinct cameras now. Amazing to consider that less than two years ago there were maybe 10.

The Hybrid List is getting about 80 hits per day.