Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:18 PM   #1

I got a DDV-V1 about a month ago and after about two weeks the flash stopped working. Does anyone know of a dealer in the Vancouver, BC area who can service it.

Thanks
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:01 PM   #2

Welcome bambam. Lets wait for sgspiri he is in the area, I would suggest going to your local camera shop if not in warrantee, and I deffently recommend you contact the seller where you purchased it since

1. you said a month ago, it is under 90 days parts and labour and possably one year as well. call the company Lol and gett he part it is a strobe or eliment cannot be hard to replace.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:13 PM   #3

Hi bambam,

There are a few other Digilife owners in the Lower Mainland posting here.

I think you're not the first to have a problem with the flash on a V1. Take a close look inside the flash and see if the filament appears intact. Whether or not it is, I'm sure it's new enough to be under warranty.

As fishycomics said, you'll have to contact your seller to see if you can return it to them, and if not it will have to go back to Diglife. Somehow. Phoning Digilife USA probably is the best route. www.digilifeusa.com Emailing them is a waste of time. I suspect any camera store around here won't even know what it is, let alone sell them.

I hope you'll keep us posted.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 2:37 AM   #4

As Sgspirit said phoning is the best route, I am awaiting an emaile and two weeks later the email made no sense one word very hard if they are not with the English language as communication. * not insulting anyone
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote