Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 3, 2005, 9:00 PM   #1

Well heres my dilemma. I currently own the AIptek mpvr with a 128mb sandisk sd card. 2 problems...everytime i record a video to the camera and play it back, there is an audio sync issue. Ive recordedcouple of videos and all of them have the person talking, but the words come out of the persons mouth about 2 seconds after. When i upload the .asf files to my pc i have the same problem with 3 out of 4 players. After converting the .asf vids to .avi and .wma the problem is still there so i have no clue as to what the problem is. I also tried stripping the audio from the video in a couple of programs and *muxing* it back together. This did NOT work, so im very confused lol. Please if anyone could help that would be much appreciated. The only thing i can thi:sad:nk of is that i need new codecs but i tried that too :sad:
Iron Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:38 AM   #2

1st Welcome aboard. Iron browny. Sorry if I already said that, the site is really picking up.

congrads on the Mpvr,

1where have you purchased it and was it brand new ( no insults intended)?

2.What are you recording fors tarters (most important question )?

3. What type of Sd card or mmc card? Yes Sandisk 128 should work fine. unless it is damaged???

Question 2. you are recording a person? is this person Live a friend , you, or a Television shopw??

if it is a television show, you must make sure you DO NOT record in QVGA that will delay the aud and vid synch

It may be the same as well for any recording of the lowest quaility and that said I will do a sample vid well if you watch the shopathome of the mpvr here that is in low quaility link http://www.youtube.com/?v=a8CDW9ANdfA

I do not have the time athis second , but when I arrive home I'll do the same wiith myself- alright I just did a sample of myself saying a few words and yes keep the seting at high and you'll work out fine. it isnot a defect it is just Aiptek they canot proccess that fast

Hhope that is the problem

1. keep set at high , try that out for all important vids. and keep at low for editing with music.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 6:07 PM   #3

1.Target-$150-bought it then exchanged it for another thinking that i could have a defective product. This wasnt the problem
2.Videos of my friends, myself ETC.
3.128 Scandisk-tryed recoding to internal memory...stil sync issues, also reformatted the SD card.

1st off thank you for responding so fast, and thatnk you for welcoming me!

All the vis i have been recording are in the highquality VGA mode.Heres a video of my friend in VGA mode, please disregard everything that hes saying....Id just like to know if when it playes on your PC your getting sync issues. I dont belive its a codec issue either being that both my pc and camera are having the sync issue.

Having said that, im still experiencing the sync issue, evern with play back on my pc (thinking it could have been the LCD screen not being able to process the video fast enough).
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:00 PM   #4

Iron.......

1. try this out. look at the camera as you record. see if the vid is synched to your ownself, it is not for me?

as I placed a fasteer sd card a panasonic it looked a lot better

but i am not saying it fixes the problem it just seame a lot better ope tha helped out

possable problem the firmware is outdated, or processor is slow of the camera
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:49 PM   #5

Sounds to me like the camera is defective. If it were mine, I'd be working on returning it now rather than trying to further verify if it's malfunctioning or not. I think you can be certain that it is bad.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:24 PM   #6

WOw this is soooooo aggrivating. I want to throw this camera at a wall! lol, i cannot get this thing to work no matter what i do. Using the program Arcsoft media converter to convert the video to an avi didnt work, trying to convert it with about 10 dif. programs did not work. Ive used so many programs to get the damn video in sync with the audio but im having no luck :sad::sad::sad:. And the chances of me recieving another defective MPVR is slim to none i guess(being taht i already returned the original one and got another). Have you all with:? MPVRs tried recording yourselves in VGA mode and not have had a sync issue when playing it back on the LCD and PC. When i play back a movie of me talking on the LCD screen, the audio kicks in before the audio does, im not sure if that has anyhitng to do with my problem. I guess it could be the SD card but still, i ve recorded movies with the internal memory and i still have sync issues on both the cameras lcd screen and the PC. Thank you for your comments BTW guys!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:25 PM   #7

And FISHY, what do you meen by the firmware being outdated? On the camera or on the card? If on the camera can you send me a link to d/l a firmware upgrade? that is if Aiptek makes one since i tried looking myself.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 3:18 AM   #8

on the camera, I do not jhave any info it was a suggestion they may have used outdated material to get the camera up and running a.s.s.p. as they already have a 8800 overseas with remote control. so If other usewrs can come foward as well and make the same acusation (spell check) then we have a flaw in the camera.

again I can live with it b/c I have other cameras .

for you and others it is a big problem and understood. hope I cleared that up thanx Fishy
Old Nov 5, 2005, 6:47 PM   #9

Iron Browny,

Just to be clear, you've had TWO MPVR's with this problem?

I have a Digilife DDV-810 or V1, which I believe is the same internal parts as the MPVR. I've noticed with these cameras, the first time you replay a video, the sound starts a few seconds after the video, and indeed is not synched to the video during the duration of the clip. I suspect this is mostly due to shortcomings of the chipset, and the refresh speed of the screen. It is close, though.

By "first time", I mean the first video you replay after powering on the camera. Any clips replayed after that, the audio starts within a second of when the video starts.

Replaying those same files on a pc, there is no delay between the video and audio tracks starting.

BUT, in all cases, the audio is slightly delayed throughout the clips. I've seen this occasionally and to varying degrees on professional video (tv). Before testing it as a result of your notes, I hadn't really noticed it before on these cameras. But there is a slight delay. I imagine many people wouldn't even notice it, but I imagine others are more sensitive to this.

Ok, so I thought it might be a function of the chipset. I tried this test with the DDV-720, and it seemed even less synched between the audio and the video. Hm, to think I've never noticed this before.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote