Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 5, 2005, 4:23 AM   #11

its in the review its in the topics, and Oldh.. had directed me, to the np-60 and not a fat chance to fit in the camera So I have 2 np-60's on the pc ready to go somewhere Lol

I answered the questions mono/mono sound. and the sanyo C series are the best bet of hybrids for stereo/stereo.

as well as your own person stereo recorder and vid separate but you needto be on the T to get a perfect lipsynch.

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Hi RadioGiant,

I'm pretty sure the Aiptek MPVR can't record in stereo, regardless of the type of input. The fancier hybrids with stereo microphones do, but I don't think there's one that also has a video-in port. Yet.

The MPVR uses a battery, that as far as I know, is unique. fishycomics, have you done any Internet searches to see if you can find a compatible battery like yours? Are there any model name/numbers on it?

I think the spec for these cameras for a 1Gb sd card is about 74 minutes of 640x480/30fps video in asf, and about 88 minutes in avi. I never use the lower resolutions, so don't know about them.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:08 AM   #12

Thanks to everyone for your responses. They've been very helpful.

Fishy, I'm sorry but I misunderstood your initial explanation about stereo.

I really enjoy this board, and look forward to receiving my camera.

By the way, by entering "ac to usb power" in Google, I've been able to locate a few adapters that you can simply plug in the AC power, plug a USB cable into it, and the other end (of the USB) into the Aiptek, and you've got an ac adapter!

There's one on the Radio Shack website that says it's designed for the Ipod Shuffle that may work. If not, there are (less expensive) others.

Thanks again!
Mike
RadioGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 10:08 AM   #13

Mike we over look the simple things it is alright....

Oldhacer pointed out about a remote control at aiptek.com,

wanna be the 1st ginnypig lol kidding I would love to get it if they gave me that answer when I called the corporation Lol.

that leads me we have a 6. plus camara and it can be minipulated by software to 8 megs hmmmmmmmmm
Old Nov 5, 2005, 8:18 PM   #14

Does anyone make a battery holder (like for AA cells) that has a usb output? That's what I need, rather than an ac adaptor.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 8:42 PM   #15

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone make a battery holder (like for AA cells) that has a usb output? That's what I need, rather than an ac adaptor.
I've seencar adaptor ones. Although I've yet to see one,a battery powered onemight exist because some guybuilt his own sucessfully at hackaday. Note that the USB standard dictates 5Vup to 500mA supply so if it's because you have AAs, then it would require4of them. I lost track, is this for a device that has an un-removeable battery? 'Cause doesn't it make more sense to just track downspare batteries?

EDIT: Found a couple: Universal Battery Extender & PPC Techs Lil Sync. (& updated hack)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:10 AM   #16

sg....

they make battery boosters, that are for cell phones and that bight do the trick, but will be sticking out the back and in the way.

Best bet is to get a usb cable, which is really hard to find it is a mini and off size. go to a local store like radieoshack, toys r us or your game store , for a gameboy as an example, the voltage will be 1.2 x2 or 1.5 x2 you need 3.7vdc so the best bet istho get a couple of np batteries and modify it , a box and cable then you'll have a parallel not a series source and that will give you max power rather than double power

you'll be supplied with hours rahter than 1 hour of viewing, I did not say recording, because in here this ios the mpvr topic (lol) the camera can only playback. in usb port , I must see again if it can record in usb which I am doing right now** and it can I am wrong so that is the best idea for the mpvr to utilize the np series batteries . i'll do a demo on it oneday, you gave me a great idea, thanx sg.....

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Old Nov 6, 2005, 4:41 PM   #17

http://home.speedfactory.net/tcashin/ipodbattery.htm

we are of topic shoud make a new thread sg check this link out
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:06 PM   #18

Thanks for the links. I guess I could buy more NP-60's. Last summer we were "wilderness" travelling for a couple of weeks, and I pretty well used up the three NP-60's I had. I partly recharged one at a laundromat while we were doing clothes. So it would be very handy to have something that would take AA's, or even C's. I bought a usb cable, so I have a connector already. I tried wiring it up, but the camera didn't like it, so I thought a pre-built one might work better.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 5:36 PM   #19

OK, heres a deal: get a 110v to USB adaptor, and a 12v USB adaptor, and you can use your camera anywhere with the USB cable, and as much 12v battery as you care to carry, or plug into the wall at home. A homemade battery pack of 10-2500 mah AA cells should last 3 hours or more. Only use 8 cells if alkaline. I just took a few pics with the wall plug. These adaptors can be had for about $10.
jim_gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 6:04 PM   #20

an old topic and its O.T.

if you checked the link on how to make a battery pack, it'll do your trick, ac/dc great observation.