Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:50 AM   #11

> I'm going to keep it and may even put my Miniket on E-bay.

Even without a full review of the DV-5, that seems rather high praise of it, given that the Miniket costs at least three times as much.

Good enough to convince me; so I just ordered it. Unfortunately, since it will be a Christmas gift for my daughter and I don't want it to have been opened when she gets it, I won't be able to review it for this forum until at least after the holidays next month.

Any chance we could be favored with a side-by-side comparison with your Miniket before you sell it on eBay?

In any case, thanks to you and to all for the info.

added by mod fishy *please referre all questions to the author of the topic thank you

DV5

minket

jayarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:11 PM   #12

Finally I came across a site that specifies the D'zign DV5's file format. Mpeg-1. If correct, this means the DV5 will take very nice-looking video, but it will quickly fill up that hard drive. Which may be why they opted for a hard drive rather than flash memory.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:57 AM   #13

The file format is actually MPEG-4. At the highest setting (640x480 fine), the 2 gig drive will hold just under 1 hour of video. By lowering the setting to 640x480 normal it goes up to 1 hour & 17 minutes. By changing it to 640x480 economy it goes up to 1 hour & 50 minutes. I haven't tried capturing at the economy setting yet but the difference between fine and normal is minimal.
tsg2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:10 PM   #14

Ok, I'll believe an owner's advice before any of the printed stuff. Does the camera take MPEG4's in asf or avi?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:16 PM   #15

The file extension is AVI
tsg2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:11 PM   #16

I've also been looking at hybrid cameras for my daughter for christmas.I had it down tothe d'zign dv5($135 at geeks.com) or aiptek is-dv($130 at newegg.com). She's mainly going to use it for camcorder use, so storage and video quality are issues and of course price. I decided to go with thed'zign dv5becauseof the 2gb drive and since thevideo specs are the same(640x480 @30fps) for both cameras. Iordered ita fewdays ago.

I also searched all over forany reviews or sample vids/pics, I coudn't find any, until today.Abad review at amazon.com which also has a link in it topics and video.

amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...o&v=glance

Link to video and pics:

http://www.robdrew.com/gadgets/dv5.html

Tsg do you have any pics or video you can post?
scrubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:03 PM   #17

Is-Dv samplease are here ,but we'll look into placing it up or someone owning one posts it up? thanx
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote