Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:00 PM   #1

http://www.meritline.com/meritline/n...camcorder.html

More info: http://www.nhjapan.com/

welcome this is a d'zign dv5 4x digital zoom

Unlike conventional videotape, you will not accidentally take double images or erase important data with the Dfzign DV-5.
Of course you can immediately playback data from the position you wish to see. There is no need for troublesome operations such as fast-forward or rewind.
@ In addition, the large capacity hard disk drive allows for long recording times, unlike flash memory recording media. The Dfzign DV-5 can store a maximum of 3 hours and 14 minutes of video recording, 10,699 still images, and 68 hours of voice recording. Digital cameras with hard disk drives are becoming the standard by which all other digital cameras are judged.

The Dfzign DV-5 has a 1/2.7 model 3.2 mega pixel CCD with image sensor.
A combination of 5 glass lenses and IR filters allow vivid images with little noise for both still images and video, indoors and out.

@ Image size can be set to a maximum of 2400 x 1800 pixels. With the large capacity hard disk, there is no need to worry about large image sizes. Although the Dfzign DV-5 is a digital video camera, it is also excellent for taking still photographs.

2400 x 1800 pixels
(image correction)
2048~1536 Pixels
1024~768 Pixels

Fine
Approx. 1454 frames
Approx. 2,181 frames
Approx. 6,632 frames

Normal
-
Approx. 3,690 frames
Approx. 10,669 frames¦The number of images that can be stored may vary, since the size of stored files may fluctuate due to the subject and conditions of photography. The numbers shown above are for reference only.

@Latest MPEG-4 audio video technology The Dfzign DV-5 offers high-quality, powerful video recording and playback.
A powerful, high-performance LSI engine is used for the processing of still and video images. Hardware image processing allows a maximum video output resolution of 640 x 480 pixels (30 frames/second).

@ Videos can be shot easily at a maximum of 30 frames/second, for a maximum storage of approximately 3 hours and 14 minutes of video on the large-capacity 2.0GB hard disk drive. When using the AC adapter

Video mode
640~480Pixels
480~240Pixels

Fine
Max. 30 frames/sec.

Approx. 40 mins.
Approx. 2 hrs. 7 mins.

Normal
Max. 30 frames/sec.

Approx. 1 hour
Approx. 3 hrs. 14 mins.

Economy
Max. 20 frames/sec.
Approx. 2 hrs. 50 mins.
-¦The number of images that can be stored may vary, since the size of stored files may fluctuate due to the subject and conditions of photography. The numbers shown above are for reference only.

@Adjustable 2.0 TFT color LCD monitor The monitor can be adjusted to a variety of angles during image recording and playback, when viewing thumbnails, and when making various menu settings.
In addition, when it is difficult to see the display, such as when using the camera outside in bright sunlight, you can adjust the monitor brightness in 3 levels (high/medium/low) for ease of use in any environment. Icons are used on the menu screens for intuitive operation. The DV-5 has extremely advanced specifications for usability.

A maximum of 12 image files can be displayed on the LCD monitor. You can easily cue up the scene you want to view, and immediately delete video or still images that did not turn out correctly, so that you will never mistakenly record the same image twice.

In addition, you can preview a slide show of the images that you have taken, for a more touching display of your travel memories. (Off/1 second/3 seconds/5 seconds)

In addition to video and still images, you can also playback MP3 files transferred from a computer. The files can be displayed on the 2.0 TFT color LCD monitor display, and stored very easily for ready viewing.
In addition, the DV-5 has a long playback time of approximately 100 minutes (when the LCD is off), making it a compact all-in-one digital video camera packed with a wide variety of functions.

MP3 file playback time
(when the LCD is off)
F approx. 180 mins. (using earphones)
F approx. 100 mins. (using speakers)

Listen to your favorite songs with your friends!!
In addition to listening to music by yourself with the included earphones, you can use the DV-5fs internal speaker to listen to music with your friends.

Repeat functions
The DV-5 has several convenient repeat functions, such as repeating several songs or only the one song that you select.

Repeat all
This function is used to repeat all MP3 files.

Normal
This function is used to playback all MP3 files one time.

Repeat one
This function is used to repeat only the selected MP3 file.

With its large 2GB capacity, the DV-5 can be used as an external hard disk drive.
It can be used to store a variety of files, such as documents created at the office, homework from school, and recipes. Due to its compact body, the DV-5 can be used for any number of purposes.

[align=left]

Video mode

640~480Pixels
Maximum 2x zoom

480~240Pixels
Maximum 4x zoom

Still image mode

2400~1800 Pixels
-

2048~1536 Pixels
Maximum 2x zoom

1024~768 Pixels
Maximum 4x zoom

Macro mode

Macro mode has a maximum focal distance of 40cm . This mode makes close-ups of detailed objects and dynamic, powerful photography easy.
Macro mode can be used for still images only.

Exposure correction

Exposure correction is used to adjust brightness conditions for backlighting, indirect lighting indoors, or when the background is dark. For white objects or backlighting, you can get good results by increasing the EV value. For dark objects or fine weather outdoors, decrease the EV value.
This function can be used for still images only.
Auto settings
Manual settings -2.0, -1.5, -1.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0EV

ISO sensitivity

This changes the camerafs sensitivity to light when using it in still image mode. Auto/50/100/200/400
This function can be used for still images only.
[/align]

Effect function

When taking video or still images, you can select from the following 3 types of effects to easily change the atmosphere of the image: standard, black and white, and sepia.

White balance function

When shooting video or still images, you can adjust the white balance to match the sunlight, electric lights, or fluorescent lighting. (auto/fine/cloudy/electric light/fluorescent light/off)

Scene function

When shooting video or still images, you can select from the following 5 scenes: auto, backlighting, night view, snowy field/beach, spotlight.

Auto
Settings are made automatically.

Backlighting
This mode is used when a light source is behind the object being photographed.

Night view
This mode is used when photographing a bright object in weak lighting, such as at night.

Snowy field/beach
This mode is used when photographing a bright object in a snowy field or on a coastline.

Spotlight
This mode is used when photographing an object lit with a bright light source.

Date stamp function

You can print the date that a photography was taken directly on the still image.
You can also add the time with the following setting: gyear/month/day/timeh.
This mode can be used for still images only.
read up on it, and see if it is worth 400.00 built in 2 gig hard drive. no av in and no optical. the camera will play mp3 for 1:30 minutes before the batts die and while the lcd on 1 hour. this tells me that the vid camera might last 1 hour of record time to 2 hours tops. it may be an old find it has been around since early 2005 but hardely mentioned here. thank you ................Mod Fishy

remembering some asking about led strobes and lights like the Ijoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:14 PM   #2

> read up on it, and see if it is worth 400.00

Well, the D'zign DV-5 is much less than that now at Geeks.com - only $149.00

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...=SCH&srm=0

Especially after reading your review, I had pretty much decided on purchasing the similarly priced Aiptek MPVR. But the D'zign has practically equivalent specs, a CCD sensor, is much smaller, and what may be the coup de grâce: a 2GB hard drive. That alone is worth about as much as either of these cameras sell for.

The Aiptek does have some features missing on the D'zign, such as a larger LCD, split-screen stills and videos, and AV in. But for me, the deal maker is quality of photos and videos. From your review, the Aiptek sounds as if it would not disappoint.

I really wish I could find a side-by-side comparison of these cameras before getting one for my 15 year old daughter. But an exhaustive search hasn't turned up anything at all from an independent user of the D'zign.

Guess I'm asking whether I should give up all that basically free data storage and go with the known entity of the Aiptek, or should I take a gamble on the DV-5?

Comments from you or anyone would be much appreciated.

jayarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:29 PM   #3

welcome the review is of the web not I , but the aiptek review is me for sure.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Ido not know of the D'zign, if they claim it to be better and it is less expensive then it may be the better choice, I preferre a trusted name over something that i cannot find in person as we favor a few models here the aiptek, mustek digilife and the sanyo

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"untill others come foward and find us, try looking on ebay and see if some feedback of sellers or target has any reviews including other sites.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:22 PM   #4

Hi jayarbee,

This definitely is an interesting camera. A couple of other things it lacks that some of the more popular recent cameras have is a remote control and image stabilization. But at that price, and the CCD sensor and microdrive, it's hard to pass up.

Unfortunately as you know we haven't heard from anyone who has one. Despite the 1000+ posts to this forum since July, there are over 100 different basic hybrid designs now, so most won't even be mentioned in the discussion.

If I collected these things, this one would certainly be in the collection. For you, it's a difficult choice between going with the herd and taking a risk on your own. If you do get it, I hope you post here about what it's like.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:48 AM   #5

I had this camera before, the ccd is only ok, but still can't compare with ddv720 in low light environment. Because it's using ccd sensor, I thought d'zign would add auto focus feature, but still used fixed focus (40 cm macro, it's not macro at all!). One negative side is that since it's equipped with microdrive, it dosen't support memory slot, and the microdrive is only 2.5G (SD supports 4G now?). so if u bring this when you travel to other countries, you can't backup photos by using all those portable OTG HD, instead you must bring your laptop. Just wait for DDV920, I contacted ISPAN Taiwan, they said it's under mass production now, and will be released on or after xmas day. ~$165USD
coolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 7:48 AM   #6

Coolee, thank you for coming foward, now can you back up the subject with a sample shot and a vid, we understand it may not make a difference to us but for others. if you are in the Flintstone age I forgive you. thanks for the advice it is going to help out the topic for sure.

coolee wrote:
Quote:
I had this camera before, the ccd is only ok, but still can't compare with ddv720 in low light environment. Because it's using ccd sensor, I thought d'zign would add auto focus feature, but still used fixed focus (40 cm macro, it's not macro at all!). One negative side is that since it's equipped with microdrive, it dosen't support memory slot, and the microdrive is only 2.5G (SD supports 4G now?). so if u bring this when you travel to other countries, you can't backup photos by using all those portable OTG HD, instead you must bring your laptop. Just wait for DDV920, I contacted ISPAN Taiwan, they said it's under mass production now, and will be released on or after xmas day. ~$165USD
Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:34 AM   #7

sorry, as I said, I "had" the camera, it was sold on ebay already.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Coolee, thank you for coming foward, now can you back up the subject with a sample shot and a vid, we understand it may not make a difference to us but for others. if you are in the Flintstone age I forgive you. thanks for the advice it is going to help out the topic for sure.

coolee wrote:
Quote:
coolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 4:05 AM   #8

> sorry, as I said, I "had" the camera, it was sold on ebay already.

You sold it because its low-light capabilities couldn't compare to the ddv720? How did it perform in good light? Is its LCD bright and sharp? Are the controls responsive? Battery hold up well? How's the flash? You didn't save any photos that you took with it?

I do appreciate the tip about travelling to other countries, though. Of course, I don't think my daughter will be spending much time abroad in the near future.
jayarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 8:44 AM   #9

I just received my D'Zign DV-5 from Geeks.com about a week ago. For the current price of $149. it's a pretty good camera. It has a very lightweight metal body. I also own a Samsung Miniket and I must say that the video is not as good as the Miniket's but the still photos are much better than the Miniket's. The user controls are very straight-forward (didn't need to read the instuctions) and battery life is pretty good. I'm going to keep it and may even put my Miniket on E-bay.
tsg2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:05 AM   #10

Tsg welcome to thesite. As a owner of the hybrids . Please PLEASE. help our members out by posting a pix and a sample vid, if you do not know how email them to me and i'll ost them it can be of any subject if it is a tree blowing in the wind or water from a faucet running

I say this so others may have the chance to see it in action then read it on a site thank you...............Mod fishy

tsg2513 wrote:
Quote:
I just received my D'Zign DV-5 from Geeks.com about a week ago. For the current price of $149. it's a pretty good camera. It has a very lightweight metal body. I also own a Samsung Miniket and I must say that the video is not as good as the Miniket's but the still photos are much better than the Miniket's. The user controls are very straight-forward (didn't need to read the instuctions) and battery life is pretty good. I'm going to keep it and may even put my Miniket on E-bay.