Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 10, 2005, 4:26 PM   #1

I just boughtan MPVR and I was looking forward to having some decent time on the SD chips. When I began using it, I found it only recorded (in video mode) for a short while before displaying a "memory full" message. I found that in VGA, using a 128 meg SD chip, I was only getting1 minute and 13 seconds. I understood that a 128meg chip would give me about 22 minutes. What gives? Anyone know?
dfiveuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2005, 4:50 PM   #2

1. is the card locked.

2. pushed in correctly

3. facing in correctly

4. and is it formatted (nothing hidden on the card)?

sounds like you are using internal memory?

I at least get like you say 15 plus minutes as i just looked at my cards 128,256,512,1 gig
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 4:58 PM   #3

Not locked...Pushed in correctly...

Can it go in more than one way? I haven't checked...I assumed that like my Palm and Pocket PC, that the card would only go in one way...In addition the SD chip icon is on the lcd screen. If the card is locked it shows a line through the chip icon.

I will see if it goes in the other way...

Checked to see if anything was hidden. And reformatted just in case...

I agree, it sounds like it's on internal memory. Maybe I should buy a different brand SD chip?

Old Nov 10, 2005, 5:21 PM   #4

1. the brand sd card?

2 Is it a mmc card?

I use sandisk, panasonic and no problem. the sd goes in one way.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:04 AM   #5

Welcome, dfiveuu!

Doesn't sound right. If you've used the SD card in any other device before the MPVR, I suggest you format it. Format it anyway. If that doesn't work, format it in your computer. If that doesn't fix it, see if it gives you the proper capacity in another device. Try another card in the camera and see if the camera's to blame.

93 seconds of video sounds like too much for the internal memory if you're videoing with the highest quality. Might fit, though, and certainly would on lower quality. If that's the case, the camera just isn't recognizing the memory card. So try another one, or try this one in some other device.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:33 AM   #6

when I get a chance I'll erase my info on the 128 mb and tell you how long it should record on hih, but its is self explainitory on the pkg. I just loaded a movie on it and it is 1 hour 10 minutes long on a sd 128mb sorry if I am rubbing it in

you need to see

1. you are not using the stablization, the nightmode. and high resolution all at once that will get you far less time

almost 3x and 10 minutes record I reviewed all this in the mpvr review.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:04 AM   #7

Been away for the weekend...I apologize for not answering back sooner. I'll post the brand of sd in a little while. In addition, I will check on the stabilization/nightmode/resolution level.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:54 PM   #8

Ok gentleman. Bought a different card...formatted within the camera...stabilization off, night mode off, resolution low...I have now tried the sandisk card and a panasonic card. my best record time so far is a little more than 12 minutes.

Should I be satisfied and by a 1 gig card? Where can I get a 2 gig card. Can I actually record an entire movie on a 2 gig card?

Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:16 PM   #9

Div.........

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Clearly stated on the back pkg

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 gig 48 min high res vid 176 min low res vid

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Stills 1 meg @8000,3meg 2400, and 6 meg 1360 individual results may vary

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"now that said you can film a show at low resolution or have it already on a pc and add it to a 1 gig card and have a 120x240 res setting and you'll get hours of video play. but not hours ofvideo recording . that said

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"a 1 gig card is needed

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"a 2 gig card will be 80 minutes of video and 340 min at low

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I should be happy with my musteks getting at high res on a 512 card 1 1/2 hr at high 3 hours at low and the battery lasting to the the card is full and more

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"having a 2 gig card will not allow you to film the full 1 1/2 hours the battery will be exhausted before you fill the card. that may hold true for the 1 gig as well I know b/c I could not exhaust it on the 32 internal meg until I left it on lol