Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:28 PM   #1

Hello,

I just bought a DDV-910 from ebay. It's pretty cool and it does what I was expecting. But now that I have it, I was wondering if there's a way to play WMV or MPG files with the PMP? I tried to uploadthe videosin the video directory but the camera doesn't detect them. Is it possible to play WMV or MPG files on the DDV-910?

Something stange also occur, sometime when uploading a file, the progress bar stop working and my camera shut down automaticaly. The battery is fully charged and my SD card is not full (have 1GB card). Anyone had the same problem?

(BTW, my OS is WinPro, I have 1GB RAM and P4 2.6GHZ, so I dont think the problem is my computer)
Celeriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:47 PM   #2

first welcome aboard cal..........

try to follow some simple guidelines

delete the file on the sd card and get it back to default all should work fine. Once you have done that. try to follow some simple steps
1. you need tofind the software that came with the camera. and loo for the convertor software. Once you found it, convert the file or files, Best thing to do is practice small 1 minute shows. when you have finished converting. they ask you to rename the file, and this is where you ae having that trouble. find out what name it is in the files for example

when you open the camera and it says open folder/dcmn/ and then clip0001,clip0002 etc as well as imag001, etc. that is the hint. you must name the movie by its file and not a repeated file

"you'll notice clip0001 andthe vid you want to play dog jump (example) clip0001 will play , but dog jump is not displayed you'll see it on the pc, but not the camera... that said try it out.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:49 PM   #3

AS Fishycomics said, you must convert files on your PC to a version that is compatable with camera by using the conversion software that came with the camera. Then rename and put in folder on camera.

Here's the file structure on the ISPAN DDV-910 memory card:

DCIM !00PHOTO PICTnnnn.JPG

DCIM 200MOVIECLIPnnnn.AVI

MP3 *.MP3
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:35 AM   #4

my software already names it, but if clip0001 is in the camera then you rename it clip0100 to make sure you do not duplicate . as oldhacer corrected me.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:08 PM   #5

ah yes! I figured it out! thank you. I read the booklet that came with the camera but not the PDF documentation. It's a good thing to read both.

By the way, anyone knows what is the software "FFVFW"? lookslike it came with the camera?
Celeriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:09 PM   #6

I have a DDV-7000 and try to convert movie file to see it on my cam and nothings works
if someone have found the solution let me know:?:?
jazzyjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:18 PM   #7

I am going to post some info to sgspirit, and will post here as well

http://media.putfile.com/IMAG000927

this is an Aiptek mpvr I have made a movie clip under 30 secs about 2 meg or less vid reso is 320x240 at cameras bit rate etc

now One must read their Owners manual. if you got a PMP camera, go pass the 1st page in here look for software how to I will most likely make it an IMPORTANT topic soon again, do not want to fill it all up. then going to the lbottom of the page may not be fun.

The camera comes with a conversion kit or software. so simple it may be over looked

steps to making it see LINK http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92