Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 17, 2005, 3:39 AM   #11

sgspirit I am going to do this in wmv and use a still and a vid and even characters of a sentence and it will work on the aiptek. do you think it is the converter you are using?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:32 PM   #12

Thanks, fishycomics. I never thought of using WMV. So the Aipek MPVR understands that format? Also, there are 40-50 different WMV output formats. Only a few of them are 640x480 at 30fps. Which did you use, or does it matter?

Of course, when you choose WMV output, the version of Cyberlink PowerDirector bundled with the Digililfe camera doesn't actually let you proceed. So I have to either buy an upgrade for the program, or find some other way to do this. It appears the version of VirtuaDub I have doesn't do WMV output.

I checked, and found that in the copy of Ulead Video Studio that came with the 720, there's a setting to output the movie in the same settings as the original clips. So I'll try that next. It also supports .asf and wmv output, although the wmv is in 320x240 only.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:30 AM   #13

I was saying that from the start lol:blah:

I t may not matter what file you save it as I'll do another one. to find out. it is the conversion software that shffles it down back to 320x240 for the camera,

this is how you can cram hours of video on a small sd card. power director works as well, I'll do another test as well. you are able to save it as wm. but yes we need an update for other junk like dvd burning mpeg2 or 1
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:51 PM   #14

Sgspirit.

1. Power director was used, made a video, with transactions titles etc. saved , streaming vid, at 1 meg playable size came out around 2 meg plus the 1 meg might be the bit rate etc..

http://media.putfile.com/IMAG000927

this vid shows you it works I left out the still and it does work with stills as well the other link is done by win dvd creater

2. win dvd creater has many save settings one particular to my favor was the asf file. you mentioned 640 x480 and playing on the pc but not the camera. So true it wil not play back missing critical info , codecs , secret stuff lol. but when I converted it over the file size goes back to 320 x 240 then works like a charm and that is the second vid lin with a still added and a transition

conclusion. you can make a movie any way your hear t desires but cannot save it to 640x480 on the camera, you'l recieve a fail, as i did on the aiptek . there is a way and we'll work on it.

the Link way below is the topic that I started with the software, you can save to an avi file and i ma just try again but I remember correctly my Mustek froze and played the file so it failed

http://media.putfile.com/IMAG001064

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:51 AM   #15

Well, the frustration continues. I tried saving a single clip to a WMV movie, and copied that to the camera. The camera just displays a mess.

I also tried saving the single clip as a movie, using the same settings as on an original clip's header. It plays ok, but the audio is not synchronized, and there are random pixel boxes twinkling all over the place. Not acceptable. I tried the 29.98 frames per second setting, and that didn't help. Doesn't matter whether I use Ulead Video Studio or CyberLink PowerDirector - they both seem to use the same output module.

What it boils down to is that if I put a video clip through any movie-making program, it will not play properly in the camera again. At best, close, but not good enough, and these cameras' output is marginal enough already. At worst, the movies hang the camera.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:49 AM   #16

Sorry to say sgpirit Aiptek MPVr Rules could you possblythink the converter software is the problem? Lol

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Well, the frustration continues. I tried saving a single clip to a WMV movie, and copied that to the camera. The camera just displays a mess.

I also tried saving the single clip as a movie, using the same settings as on an original clip's header. It plays ok, but the audio is not synchronized, and there are random pixel boxes twinkling all over the place. Not acceptable. I tried the 29.98 frames per second setting, and that didn't help. Doesn't matter whether I use Ulead Video Studio or CyberLink PowerDirector - they both seem to use the same output module.

What it boils down to is that if I put a video clip through any movie-making program, it will not play properly in the camera again. At best, close, but not good enough, and these cameras' output is marginal enough already. At worst, the movies hang the camera.