Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:26 AM   #1

Hi, I use the included s/w (ulead 8.0) to convert files from other format into the avi format (video codec: xvid, audio codec: mp2). When I put back into my ddv910, the camera recognizes the video file. but when I play it, the audio is correct, the video displays but with very collapsed colour and pause in like every 5 seconds. Can anyone tell me the procedures you use to convert video files? I goto batch covert from ulead, but I can't press option, whenever I press it, an error message shows up and force me to end the program. So I can only goto share and "create video file" there. or is there any better program to covert video clips? btw, how do I convert rm, rmvb since ulead dosen't support that, and rm, rmvb is the most popular video format online right now. Thanks
coolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:25 PM   #2

no one knows? please help...I don't want to waste my PMP function.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 1:19 AM   #3

You might want to download copies of VirtualDub and Stoik Converter. Good stuff.

Your topic title got clipped off, so I can't tell what camera you have. If it's a V1, mine can play unmodified .avi's from my DDV-720 with no problem. It can also play unmodified .asf's from an Aiptek DV4500. The 720, it turns out, can play .asf's from the V1, but not .asf's from the 4500.

If you are doing conversion, you have to make sure the bitrate and a bunch of other things are the same. This means looking at the video file headers, and configuring the conversion setup to match. My current problem is that my output files are huge, and the camera has trouble digesting them.

I'm afraid I know nothing about rm, rmvb. Some posters don't look at the forum until they're back at work on Monday.:-)
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 5:05 AM   #4

P use the software from he AIPTEK it is called arc converter . if you know ofa supplier or can get your hands on it since you do not know how to use the one in the camera you have it is simple it is in the threads now past the first page
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:02 PM   #5

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
P use the software from he AIPTEK it is called arc converter . if you know ofa supplier or can get your hands on it since you do not know how to use the one in the camera you have it is simple it is in the threads now past the first page
thank you for your reply, but I read every pages of the entire forum, I couldn't find anything related to arc converter, do you mind just give me the link of that thread? thanks!!
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:26 PM   #6

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

you only read page 1 my friend you got to look at page 2 towards the bottom that is why there are 4 pages here lol as well as th review of the mpvr i did not mention. sorry bout that .

3.CONVERTER Software.This will allow you to take any I repeat any software form any source, convert over to Aipteks firmware and watch movies on the go. how to do a conversion? stay tuned for a vid. (see link in software section)

You can take a mustek vid asf file and transfer to the camera no conversion needed, but you cannot take a wmv file over, unless you convert. how long does this take as long as the video is. very easy to do we'll do a demostration, see link below:

http://media.putfile.com/Movie_00017236
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:13 PM   #7

I have a ddv-7000 and try everythings but can't play video file on my cam anyway
i convert the file .........if someone knows hoe please ,,let me know:?:?:?
jazzyjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:51 PM   #8

This topic might have information that can help you.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

This seems to be the great mystery of our time. I can always get edited/converted clips to play fine on the computer. But I run into all sorts of problems when I copy them back to the cameras and try to play them.

I just HAVE to solve this, or buy a DVD player. So far searching around the Internet, I have yet to find any group of people who are dealing with this exact issue. There are all sorts of related discussions, instructions and information, but it seems no one is trying to playback edited/converted videos in these cameras.

I guess it would be too much to expect the manufacturers to help out to back up what they advertise the cameras can do.

Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:19 AM   #9

maybe the aiptek mpvr is the best in the converter software , very simple to do over the other brands
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:34 PM   #10

I went back and processed a movie through VirtualDub. I was able to control the final file size, and work it down to a point where I couldn't detect loss of quality when played back on the pc.

I then copied it to an sd card, and tried playing the movie in my DDV-V1 and DDV-720. In both cases, there were two problems. One was that the still photo I included in the movie did not show up. The second problem was that the frames were littered with random pixel boxes. This happened no matter how much I played with the settings for rendering the final version.

I'm going to play with it some more, but this may not be possible to solve - that files processed through any pc software will not play properly in the camera again. The manufacturers never said the cameras can do this - it's just something that would seem to be very logical to do. It seems the cameras are extremely fussy about what they replay, since I never have these problems on the pc. If this is verified, it means the only way to get movies onto the tv or vcr, is via an A/V card in the pc, or laundering them through a DVD step.

I posted this issue on the DivX Forum, and got no response.