Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:41 AM   #1

Hi all,

Okay, so I bought one of these little hybrid cameras and I am actually very pleased with it...until now.

I am trying to take a picture and it only takes a bright white as in completely overexposed shot. It is not on movie mode don't worry - it is on still picture mode. Is there something that has inadvertently been changed in my settings or something that I don't know about. I sure wish there was an online manual for this thing somewhere!!!! Help! Thanks, aquaeousa:O
aquaeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:53 AM   #2

aqua.welcome aboard.

you left us hanging ?

What little hybrid are you referring to. as you left this out it will be a basic answer.

If the setting is all on Auto then youshould just snap away and get a picture perfect shot.

As you mentioned it is whited out.

That means your white balance or Ep or EV et.

look into the settings see if the negitive (-) and positive (+) apiture is set to zero (0)

negitive gives brightness Positive gives darkness I may not have a full cup of coffee in me so I may have them reversed.

if your thumb or finger is touching the nav bar that has those settings on it you then need to reposition your hand

sorry i could not be helpful more.

if that does not fix it then it is possable the camera you have is defective

we have one in here that takes tie dye shots
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:00 AM   #3

oops, it is the MP3 MPEG-4. Is that right? I don't know where to look for that positive negative thingie you mentioned. I have been taking oodles of pictures with no problems until this morning. sorry but i am far from a pro on this!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:00 AM   #4

for example

I own anAiptek MPVR that is the make and model

mp3 mpeg4 tells me nodda sorry
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:24 PM   #5

Oh lordy - blonde moment!!!! It is a LigiLife DDV-S670. Is that better :G
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:35 AM   #6

aquaeous wrote:
Quote:
I sure wish there was an online manual for this thing somewhere!!!! Help!

After reading a little futher down, you have a DDV-S670. There should have been a user manual on the disk that came with the camera. If not, Ispan, who also sells the S670, has a user manual here

I own a DDV-910, so can't talk about the S670 from experience. Have you tried going into the Settings menu and selecting Default Settings? Also, is the Macro switch in the Landscape setting?
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:55 AM   #7

I've seen something like this occasionally. I don't remember which camera, but I do remember it was very rare and always "went away". The symptom was that when I turned the camera on, the screen would be washed out with far too much light, and if I took a picture with it like that, the picture would be vastly overexposed. I recall only getting a few of those. Doing almost anything with the camera would make the condition go away. Again, it was so minor I don't even remember which of the 4 hybrids I've had did it. And I used to have an S670.

If your camera is doing this all the time, then it is malfunctioning. It has exposure settings, but the settings should not be defaulting to the best mode, not the worst.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:41 AM   #8

aquaeous wrote:
Quote:
Oh lordy - blonde moment!!!! It is a digiLife DDV-S670. Is that better :G
ha ha ha see how you get responses
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:39 AM   #9

Thank you all for your response. Another darn blonde moment - forgot about the disk user manual.

It actually did go away though. Took pictures all darn day and they worked fine! Thanks all, very appreciated! aquaeous