Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 13, 2005, 3:57 PM   #21

your windows player imay need to be updated from 7.8.9 or 10. it is his friend chit chatting about something. I am uploading a night shot of the mpvr with the mustek. I cannot say it is great but at least I know if there is light you get a vid no light no vid...............

cannot afford every camera Lol but a camcorder would be my next step . and i bet I'll still use both.

a link to the night vid mpvr/mustek dv4500

http://www.youtube.com/?v=DT19heZT9E8
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 4:10 PM   #22

I'll record something later at night...i've got a final to study for. Codec you'll probably need is the divx codec. http://www.divx.com.

Edit:

Actually I found a clip I did for class which involves me and a couple of my cousins who helped me out...it was part of my Business Ethics class I had this past semester. It was roughly 3 meters away.
http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/last.avi

Here is another clip I found I did when I was at a party and forgot to buy something at Radio Shack so we went back. It was on a cloudy night, only street lights illuminating the streets. From what I can tell from the other hybrids, they take care of handling night videos differently. With the MPVR which I owned for a lil while, low lit videos produced, kind of a very slight blur effect and not as sharp. With the creative, it gets a lil grainy but the objects in the video still remained sharp. To me, that's perfect since I would rather have a grainy night video with the video and audio still synced up nicely.
http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/night.avi

o0heavyb0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 6:14 PM   #23

That's great heavybo...thanks.........i'm digging this camera....thanks.

The ezydeals.com do ship to the US right?
hcantu84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:14 PM   #24

yeah, i ordered from them on a monday, got the cam wednesday morning. They are fast! remember though...since they don't produce it for the US yet, you'll need an adaptor since the charger doesn't have the standard US plugs for the wall. Adaptor is cheap and can get them at any store.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:42 AM   #25

10-25 at bestbuy many types of iinterchangable heads for the camera/camcorder but not for the hybrids I have .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 9:34 PM   #26

What exact adaptor would it be the one that I need for the Creative?

Like a specific name or something?
Old Dec 14, 2005, 10:45 PM   #27

It's just like an adaptor you would normally see in like a travel pack or something. Like if you went to Europe or Japan, their plugs are different to the wall. It'll be easier just to take the plug to like a radio shack or target and ask them if they have an adaptor for it. I took a picture of it....it's small.
http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/adaptor.jpg
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:27 PM   #28

Thanks bro......

I already ordered the Creative on ezydeals........thanks for all your help.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:42 PM   #29

Hey Heavy B. - Great Video's!

I think its safe to say that the majority of people who are in this forum chose their decisions based off of video and pictures from the few cameras listed. I know I did! - I was interested in about 10 different hybrids but only could find video on a select few. Of those select few only the MPVR had the video quality that was acceptable to me, which I agree is SVHS quality.

But after seeing your review of this DiviCam - I am wishing I would have held out a lil bit longer! haha. nah, but seriously, an autofocus and CCD lens really makes a difference from what I see in the DiviCam. The night shot you took was amazing. The grain was much better than what the MPVR produces and at least you could make out all of your surroundings.

Nighshots are not the reason I bought my MPVR though.. I bought it mainly for family gatherings which it does a good job at filming. But I could see the 4.0 CCD sensor in the DiviCam does enhance the crispness and color of the video, as expected by a GOOD hybrid.

There are just so many out there that even the ones with 5.0 sensors sometimes have bad reviews because they are not all made equal, but thanx to your review I am going to keep my eyes open for the DiviCam 428..
MPVR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:16 PM   #30

I already received the creative divi cam 428, bought the adaptor to plug in the charger toa USwall ........does anyone know for how many hours do I have to keep charging the battery the first time I charge it?

Thanks in advance......the thing is that in few hours I have to go out of town for christmas and I want to know if 12 hours of charging it is enough in order to take the divicam with me?