Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:45 PM   #1

Hi, from all your excellent advise so far i am pretty sure that i am going to buy the Digilife DDV-M1, however one digi camcorder keeps attracting my attention and i would just like to know what you think of it, it is the Creative DiviCam 248. I cant seem to find it in many places apart from Yesasia.com. I will try and give the link for these, but it probably wont work as i'm not very good at this sort of stuff, sorry.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...ronics/code-c/

Please provide your opinions of whether i should stick with the Digilife or go for the Creative one.

Thanks
zizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:38 PM   #2

excellent find. the camera is a 4 megapixal , and software enhanced to 8 meg not 4 meg ccd, but a ccd lens does notr say how may fixed lens it has most are around 5 andthat might be said by 1/2.5"

machro is limited to 2 plus feet no closer as well as the regualr video

what i find amazing is the avi, and asf file not just one but possable choice of which one you can film in.

the flash is only from 1 meter to 1.5 that to me is not a lot. 4-6 feet.

How it does not say it is a 8 meg but a 4 meg ccd tells alot of truth

Sounds like a good buy but if you really can stare and take note, does it resemble others like the digilife M1 or v1 it is close to my mpvr but no cigar. missing all those extras. No mp3 player no vice recorder

just vid still tv out and card rreader /storage

have to figure out 4-n-1 they keep it a secret lol

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:07 PM   #3

I'm curious about the DiVi 428 ... but not $250 US curious! It should sell for under 200.

I agree with Fishy except on the lack of a MP3 player and a voice recorder. The information at Creative Worldwide seems to say it has both.

I could not find any sellers in the USA, not even Creative's USA e-shop. Apears tp only be available in Asia.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:45 AM   #4

Hi there, well i think i'm going to take the plunge and order the Creative Divicam 248 from "YesAsia" - does anyone know if this is a reputable seller/shop?? it is the only place i can find it and they offer free shipping to the UK. Do you think this is a bad choice over the Digilife M1 or are they similar specs?? my main worry is the image stabilization which i believe the creative one doesnt have. Please could you explain what this function actually does?? Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:55 AM   #5

Well it's too late now, it is on order!!!! i really hope it is ok, will let ya know and will post a video clip if firstly i can figure out how to work it and then get some instructions of how to do such things!!!

For anyone that would like to know i have found a place to buy 1GB SD card for £35 free delivery in the UK www.ebuyer.com. If anyone knows of cheaper places to buy them it would be much appreciated.

Also i believe the Creative Divi Cam 428 takes both SD and MMC cards, is this correct are they compatible or something.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:43 PM   #6

Zizzy, as we all know. i own a aiptek, , So I say to others an Aiptek may be the choice of cameras , as it is sold in target , Our local shop, and online.

As for Digilife it is a Japan, honkong tawain etc camera, no stores sell this item as wells as online shops. it can be grabbed off of ebay. I use those two as examples, and that only.

For me to state or quote, an Item that I have no idea about would be not good for our members. you may be the first one to purchase such item or items. but not the first one to own it. a lot of people do not know we exist online , takes time to find us. wish I could have been more helpful, but you wil have to write a review and post those vids if not then email the vid and we'll work out in editing it to the topic.

as fo stablization, easy as said " grab a glass of milk , juice liquid walk with it, it splashes. no imagine it not splashing around when walking it stays level. that is stablization it only works on vid not stills , the sanyo and higher end models will. possably this will be b/c its over 200.00
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:39 PM   #7

Hey zizzy...I am a newbie and saw that you bought the Creative DiviCam 428.

Did it worked out well for you? What do u think on its video quality?

I am planning to buy one this week, and I think I am buying the Creative one?

I am mainly interested in the video and pictures.

Do u recommend it?

Thanks.
hcantu84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:20 PM   #8

Hi there, I'm a newbie too. Just want to share it here. I own a Creative Divi 428 about a week. It is my first hybrid and since I never try other hybrid, I'm impress with it video & photo quality. Mostly, I use it for video recording. Thank you.
alvin_ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:18 AM   #9

Welcome alvin_ws,

You're the first in the forum who owns the Creative Divi 428. It sounds like you may have a winner. I and others on the forum would appreciate your review of your hybrid and sample stills and videos, if possible. Thanks!
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:38 AM   #10

Hello Everyone,

I've actually been visiting this site quite frequently before I bought a hybrid. I needed something I could use to make some videos for school(U of L...go Cards!) and just for fun. I was actually looking at the Creative DiviCam428 for a long time when they announced it in September. Unfortunately I couldn't find it any where online or in any stores. After waiting for about 2 months I needed something fast so I decided to buy the Aiptek MPVR at the local Target. Although I was satisfied for a little bit I did start to notice some problems....the audio was not synced up with the video...it was off by about .5 seconds and it was just horrible in low light conditions. The colors were washed up and if there was a lot of movement, I found that there was a slight blur effect...in low light and normal light! I thought it might have been a glitch but I browsed a number of forums including this one to find that they were all doing it. Needless to say, I returned the MPVR after 3 weeks. Yeah it had some cool features like recording from a tv, but I didn't find that something I would actually use. I just needed something to record video.

I did somemore searching and found that I could buy the Creative Divicam 428 at http://www.ezydeals.com. It's based in Singapore but I got it fast. I ordered on a Monday afternoon and recieved it Wednesday morning the same week! Anyways since the store was based in Sinapore, I did have to get a plug adaptor so I could plug the charger into the wall.

All I can say is...this hybrid rocks. It is a 4-1, does video, picture, voice recording and plays mp3s...everything http://www.creative.com says it does. I found the video to be excellent for the price...records 640x480 at 30 fps with an auto focus lens and no blur effect...even in low light...does get a lil grainy but it adjusts by itself but that's just normal because there is low light. The MPVR, you had to go to night mode and that was just horrible i found, it was way grainy and the color was weird.

I love how it's a CCD lens and how beautifully crafted this device is...feels like quality material and....has a lens cap! something the mpvr did not have. The video and audio is synced up perfectly. Oh how wonderful it is to see someone talking and it actually comes out right instead of some poorly dubbed movie. In the 1 month I have had this thing, I have already created 2 videos for a few of my courses and then burned to DVD for playback on a big screen and no one even notices I used a hybrid....it's that good. I use Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus to do all my video editting work.

Here is a clip of a friend of mine from a video I'm doing for fun at work. This is straight from the Creative Divi 428 with no editting or anything.
http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/f...2/movi0005.avi

I've never become a member of this forum until now but I just had to state my opinion on this great little hybrid. I love this camera. Hope this helps.
o0heavyb0o is offline   Reply With Quote