Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:39 AM   #21

Maybe I will buy another but I still have one left. GET THIS---this is not the same camera as the first MPVR. I have just noticed. The first camera only allowed USB mode of: menu, disk or printer, in settings. This camera has the additional USB mode of camera----which means webcam.

It works as a webcam. Windows recognizes the camera and installs the drivers. I have installed comcast video mail and it sees the camera and works. I have tested messages sucessfully.

What is happening is: The original camera 6800 from aiptek has webcam function but this was disabled in the MPVR. However some of these cameras were not disabled.

I have never had a webcam so this is new to me but it works. We will need to start a new thread and test the camera but the holidays are going to keep me busy for a few days.

Also, the 6800 had other capabilties--such as red eye. I wonder if they are workng in this camera--stay tuned.
sicule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:04 PM   #22

As I stated in another thread and in shop at home network it exsists Lol

does your camera state it isa 6800 or mpvr the front of the tft cover says aiptek
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:54 PM   #23

The camera says aiptek---all the same as the other camera; the manual does not mention camera function in USB mode.

When the camera is connected to computer as webcam---it reads as DV 6800.

The audio on camera does not work through as webcam. There may be another driver from aiptek for 6800 which would enable other features but so far aiptek china, aiptek germany or aiptek usa does not provide manuals or drivers online for 6800(MPVR).

Old Nov 23, 2005, 2:09 PM   #24

all webcam bypasses the camers mic my only driver shows Pmp and when in start up all I have is uninstall Lol missing software I guess

Now here is a area of interest popp open the battery area and see if the Model number reads

dzo-v38 that is the mpvr of my camera nothing else if your software has the webcam feature we might be personally talking
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:19 PM   #25

reads DZO-V38---the same. A mistake was made on some of these cameras for my advantage.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:21 PM   #26

Fishy and Sicule,

Is there a way to check the firmware version to see if they are the same? If Sicule has a newer version, maybe there is a firmware upgrade available for Fishy's camera.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:24 PM   #27

Oldhacer I can only do this

start program /pmp dv and when I drag the mouse it says uninstall, so there is NO PROGRAM but a driver Sicule will have to PM me and we'll exchange titles
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:30 AM   #28

Go to tools and choose USB MODE : MENU and also turn AUTO OFF to 'OFF'
Also try taking the battery out , my dv6800 works great without it in USB MODE
halvdan is offline   Reply With Quote