Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:09 PM   #11

The USDDV-720 seller on Ebayhas a "Buy It Now" of $148 USD, $30 USD shippingto USA or $40 USD shipping to Canada, and $5 USD for insurance. Minium starting bid is $135 USD!:blah:
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 4:32 AM   #12

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
coolee wrote:
Quote:
Caelum wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
- Digilife DDV-720 from ww.vublue.com. $300cdn, now $320. Not a competitive price.
I think I just sawa knockoff (Centrios) in-store today? Alsoavailable onlinefor $CAD 300 ($USD 250) from The Source by Circuit Cityin Canada.[...]
C$300 is very expensive, you can find around US$100 on ebay with import duties, tax included.
I waspointing out the in store Centrios DDV-720 knockoff. But I don't seethe DDV-720 on ebay you are referring to?I can't seeit costing US$100 with shipping, duties and taxes included? Wouldn't it have to sell forunder US$60, discounting taxes, duties and shipping to end up costing US$100? (assuming no large brokerage fees)
It's called ddv-720 or ddv-7000, if you spend sometime and wait, normally you can find cheap ones (not buyitnow!!). last week, queenofglitter sold two, one is $88 and the other is around $85...and queenofglitter don't charge tax and import duties, so......and not just queenofglitter, some low feedback sellers sold around $102....just have to wait
coolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 7:26 AM   #13

being at the right place at the right time, the right place at the wrong time , thewrong place at the wrong time , the wrong place at the right time all something like that

Ebay for the seller may be tricky , for the buyer as well. so paitience is all I can say

want a great deal research
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:12 PM   #14

coolee wrote:
Quote:
[...]and queenofglitter don't charge tax and import duties[...]
Ok, thanks for the info, that's right, I forgot to check sgspirit's list, the DDV-7000. queenofglitterwon'tcharge taxes or duties, the Canadian governmentdoes, when it crosses the border. Also he charges US$22 to ship to canada. I guess it wasn't clear to you that I was in Canada.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:15 PM   #15

queen ofglitter charfes high in shipping and is located in canada. he ships today in the North americ region, yesterdays terms are United states and canada today it is called North america (mexico, Us, canada) more friendly way of saying it.

I would preferre calculate or 10.00 max when the camera shipped to the furthest can be 6.00 avr:
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:39 PM   #16

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
queen ofglitter charfes high in shipping and is located in canada. he ships today in the North americ region, yesterdays terms are United states and canada today it is called North america (mexico, Us, canada) more friendly way of saying it.

I would preferre calculate or 10.00 max when the camera shipped to the furthest can be 6.00 avr:
For US camera orders she ships from Little Rock, AR via USPS. Don't now how ships to Canada (maybe from a Canadian warehouse).

Yes, her shipping charge seems a little high, but I was pleased with the quick delivery of my camera which arrived in a well-packed package.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 1:40 AM   #17

So far as I can tell, queenofglitter is a couple (Diane and Tom?), and the name came from some other commercial activity of Diane. I gather they live in St. Catherines, Ontario.

My camera from them was shipped from Little Rock, and was delivered in Canada. There were no additional charges besides queenofglitter's shipping. It may be covered by the fact that there is no duty on computer equipment between Canada and the US. It's not a stretch to claim these cameras are computers, because they are. Or computer peripherals, because they are.

Now, if we could just get that duty off the softwood lumber...
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:51 AM   #18

Thanks for all the info guys... :lol:and the topical humour sgspirit. I guess I don't have a reason to not break down and get one of these then. :O
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 3:16 PM   #19

Walgreens.com has the Aiptek DV 5900 for $119.00 and free shipping right now. I just ordered one for my dh.
Temeculamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 3:22 PM   #20

sometimes its best to walk in the stores you may get a lower price target charges higher for the is-dvcheck it out 119 in store online 20 higher