Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:33 PM   #1

Hello! I hope this will become a sticky note someday because I think it'll be very useful.

If you're like me, you've been reading all these great reports on people getting good deals on hybrids. But, when you go to find it on your own, it seems impossible! I'm hoping people will post where they got their camera and for how much, notify others of sales, etc. We're all in this together, so we might as well not go broke from it!

Jim
wcjmproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:35 PM   #2

So, to kick this off...where have people gotten good deals on the Aiptek MPVR? I know it's at Target for $98, but only in Florida and I think the mid-west! (Well, it's not in the north-east, at least)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks!
wcjmproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:03 AM   #3

- Digilife DDV-720 from ww.vublue.com. $300cdn, now $320. Not a competitive price.
- Digilife DDV-V1 from queenofglitter on eBay. $155usd. Good deal.
- Digilife DDV-S670 from a now-former eBay seller associated with Teleshop . $280cdn. Not a competitive price from an unreliable seller, almost a year ago. Sold for $250cdn.
- Aiptek DV4500 from Erwin Electronics. $128usd, almost 2 years ago. Sold for $80cdn.

Now awaiting the Digilife DDV-920.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4

queenofglitter only has digilife m1/ispan ddv910 now, $159USD very good deal.

coolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:40 AM   #5

Excellent topic , but one must look past page 1 on page three was this topic I made I added the purchase location, b/c comments and complaints would have bin sufficcient.

I purchase my camera new egg.come no longer carries most models , had a finger print recieved a free towel and 15% off

target, the dropped a few models and I use gift cards, from bonuspoints and complained about their service for an additional 15% discount giving my camera 1/2 off will find that topic on a different forum

hsn had a tv 30 min special only

and ebay asking the seller for closure getting a great deal while aiptek said camera is not on the market while target recieved shippment.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:37 AM   #6

I bought my Mustek DV9300 online at Beach Audio in California. They maintain an online inventory and, at the momment, the DV9300 is out-of-stock.

Teptronics in New York also sells the DV9300 online. I originally ordered from them but cancelled when they said the camera was backordered and would be delivered in 3 to 4 weeks. Call before ordering.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 1:32 PM   #7

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
- Digilife DDV-720 from ww.vublue.com. $300cdn, now $320. Not a competitive price.
I think I just sawa knockoff(Centrios) in-store today? Alsoavailable onlinefor $CAD 300 ($USD 250) from The Source by Circuit Cityin Canada.

Strange that Circuit City USA doesn't carry the same models. They do have the Aiptek DV4500 for $99 and the Aiptek MPVR for $179.99.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:50 PM   #8

It's so hard to find useful info anf reviews on a low cost hybrid. I've been looking for a low cost hybrid and after some research and searching of my own, I found the Aiptek MPVR on the circuit city website for 179.99, but it is an in store only item. The aiptek website shows it as their newest item for 199.00, however they seem to be sold out. After awhile of searching I purchased a brand new one on ebay for 165. There was only one seller all2u76, and received the item in 3 days. It's pretty cool. I just need to buy a larger SD card.
viaparlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:27 PM   #9

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
I think I just sawa knockoff (Centrios) in-store today? Alsoavailable onlinefor $CAD 300 ($USD 250) from The Source by Circuit Cityin Canada.

Strange that Circuit City USA doesn't carry the same models. They do have the Aiptek DV4500 for $99 and the Aiptek MPVR for $179.99.

C$300 is very expensive, you can find around US$100 on ebay with import duties, tax included.
coolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:21 PM   #10

coolee wrote:
Quote:
Caelum wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
I think I just sawa knockoff (Centrios) in-store today? Alsoavailable onlinefor $CAD 300 ($USD 250) from The Source by Circuit Cityin Canada.[...]
C$300 is very expensive, you can find around US$100 on ebay with import duties, tax included.
I waspointing out the in store Centrios DDV-720 knockoff. But I don't seethe DDV-720 on ebay you are referring to?I can't seeit costing US$100 with shipping, duties and taxes included? Wouldn't it have to sell forunder US$60, discounting taxes, duties and shipping to end up costing US$100? (assuming no large brokerage fees)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote