Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:37 PM   #1

I've just bought a new DigiLife 7000 last month and now i've finally messed it up.
I have no idea where the owner's manual is, and I would really appreciate some help on this..

My Cam was playing mp3's and my friend thought it might be a fun to pop out the SD card while it was still on...

now, whenever i try to turn on my DigiLife, it flashes red and makes a beeping sound.

can anyone that owns the same cam or knows anything help me out?

thanks in advance
w0bzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:51 PM   #2

I do not own one but it sounds like either you do two things have your friend buy yours or (just kidding)

1, take out the sd card, and plug the camera into the usb aand open up the the drive if it is named (a) (b) etc and where you see the files delete them totally out. do the same fo the external memory. save all your mp3 and pix before you do this

2 Once you have deleted all the files then format the camera with the internal, then also the external

3, then go into the camera and set back to default settings.

This should bring the camera back to factory settings , then go ahead and record a movie sample a pix sample and a mp3 sample see if that helps out

What he or she might have done was currupt that mp3 song and let the camera hang if it is the song that played and currupted good bye song if he or she currupted the sd reformat and still lose the song. these are only suggestions not fixes

hope they may clear the problem if not go back to .ine one
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:06 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum w0bzzy,

I've spent some time reading up on the technical standards for SD cards, and they're supposed to be "hot swappable". This means you can insert or pull them out of the slot while the device is powered on, without damaging the device or the memory card. I try to avoid it anyway, since I just can't get used to swapping things like this with the power on.

Now, the same does not apply to any file in use at the time. Probably fishycomics is right - that you've corrupted a file and so the camera hangs when you power it up. I assume you've tried powering it up with the memory card removed. It should work ok in that case.

Either way, do what fishycomics suggested and format both the internal memory and the sd card.

BUT, since you can't power up the camera to use its utilities, you'll have to put the card in a card reader device attached to a computer to do this.

The cd-rom that comes with the camera has a manual for the camera. Although this manual is more detailed than the printed one, I doubt it tells you what to do to fix this problem.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 1:09 AM   #4

Well, I'm either doing it wrong or something, because i tried what fishycomic's suggested and it didn't work.

i set everything to default, earsed everything on the SD card. everything on internal memory, recharged it, put it together, and got the same result. blinking red light and a **beep beep** sound.

i also tried it while it was plugged in. Same result..

><

any other suggestions?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:39 AM   #5

try contacting the supplier, where you purchased it? and you'll most likely recieve a new one?

and do not let your friend or friends touch it again, if they charge you for shipping ask nicely to go half on it .

If you go back in the posts sgspirit was very happy someone posted up the internal components for the camera, if I stand right side up this mourning.

you might see if it has an internal battery. most items do these days.

the last thing I can think of the internal memory is currupted, and is hanging so allow the camera to sit w/o the battery for a long time and you might also want to contact digilife via the phone rather the email engkish is not their first language. So sorry bout this. Let us know the outcome
Old Nov 26, 2005, 7:40 PM   #6

Wob..

I crashed my sd card on purpose,did a how many pix on a single charge. i reformated a stuck sd card in the camera al works fine

posabl you gota bad connection on the sd card?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 7:44 PM   #7

i tried it with two different SD cards..i doubt it's the SD card's fault.

thanks for the suggestions though..

[how noble....he risked his own to help me ...wow... :]
Old Nov 28, 2005, 2:49 AM   #8

It sounds like your cam run out of battery. I have the same camera as yours it doesn't have any alarm that you are running out of battery. I was taking a video and it suddenly turn off. When I tried to power it just blink with red and give a beep sound. Try to fully charge it and if doesnt work send it back to the supplier.
Nogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:30 PM   #9

I was wondering if i might have been the battery's fault..
It's at my friend's place right now, i'll try it when i get it back.

One reason that i didn't think that it was the battery was because it was about half-way charged when my friend took out the SD. They should really blink something when it's at low battery instead of just turning off..

btw, does yours charge via USB? or do you always use the charger?
Just wondering if its different than mine...

thanx guys, i'll keep you posted on how its going w/ the resurrection process =]
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:29 AM   #10

My DDV-720, which is the same as the 7000, charges via a power pack that plugs into the wall, with a cable to the camera's usb port. I don't think it charges when its usb port is plugged into the computer. Yes, it uses power from the computer then, but I don't think it charges.

I can also charge the batteries in the standalone charger that came with the DDV-V1.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote