Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:03 AM   #11

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
your camera has webcam it may be when you load up thesoftware you shoulf see on the tft screen printer/mass storage/ webcam

when you try to add the software its tricky takes a lil time to get it right

I remember I load it all up and then plug camera let the hardware be found, wait, and then go hit from mass to webcam two to 3 drivers are thee
I loaded the included software onto my laptop, Ulead Video Studio 7, and couldn't find the camera on the usb cable with the sd card installed. I used Windows Media Player and it worked fine. I'm not sure what I have to do to the camera for web cam capability, but when I view options on the TFT, I only have mass storage and printer, no web cam. There isn't anything that I need to load from the Ulead diskette into camera on mass storage mode is there?
stevenwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:19 AM   #12

I don't think the DV5300SE has a PC camera or webcam feature. I know the DV9300 doesn't.

For some unknown reason, Mustek seams to have dropped that feature on its current models.:evil:
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:34 AM   #13

Sorry iassumed it had it they fropped it like oldhacer said.

the vid mode you need to understand the square logic. look at the time the less time you got and the square showing will be high the highest time the more square qill be the least res. I get totally confused on that all the time.

I believe you need to find the stablizer feature and use that if you shke how much will it work not a lot.

and mustek has a feature that when you snap the pic you can see on the screenwhat you shot. it may only show 1/10th of a sec or 2 secs my 3 other musteks 1 shows it a split sec, and the other 2 secs Lol

again vid can only take movies and all the other settings are voided out except special effect blk/white saphire etc you wanted to use tungsten white balance that is camera stills only, a lot of members get confused and think both sections work for al.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 6:01 PM   #14

camera back on sale at 129 with a rebat making it `09 not a bad buy but the tax is what you got to pay i hear
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:08 PM   #15

Just looked at the HSN page for the 5300SE.

So far, there are 28 customer reviews. Not looking good for the camera. Average rating is 1 1/2 stars out of 5 stars. No "Customer Pick" for Mustek here.:sad:

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:35 AM   #16

Yes the reviews really are bad . remember 30.000 cameras went out

28 replied a review about 23 plus are returning while 2-4 are upset and keeping while 2-4 are happy and keeping

while other 29,962 plus may not know HSN.com has a review or are cussing in it

so yes it looks bad. but that should not stop one from purchasing them should it?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:30 AM   #17

Hey guys, been away a while dealing with health issues (sciatica) but I have had time to get to know my 5300 a little better and I would rank it 4 stars out of 5. My rating is based on expectations I had going in for a camera that cost so little. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a specific purpose. That is outdoor video with the tripod. The vid quality is good when you're still, when you move the AF tries to get a handle on what it sees and I think that is what blurs the shot a little while you're in transit. Pix quality if very good indoors with the flash, flash more than adequate, it needs a red-eye reduction mode. I will have to fix all photos for that, no big deal.

I have gotten used to the plastic and the light weight, to be honest I have left in on the tripod all this time, it carries well this way as I haven't taken it on any trips yet. My only complaint besides the red-eye mode lacking would be the lack of a "DC-in" jack to conserve batteries. I like the fact that the SD memory works so seamlessly with my Vivitar, my laptop, and my pict-bridge printer. I just need to get me one o'dem biguns (1,012mb).

Happy holidays to all.

SMW

Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:52 PM   #18

Well people I got my hands on a price of 80 plus dollars at a online store, and to be suprized the due date is when those of Hsn get their returns of 30,000 or less cameras they will ber epacking............... sorry Just kidding Yes i dod get a price on a 5300 and the back order is very long, and I emailed quite a few times with no responses at all, wha else can I do but to cancel my order. and I'll take mymoney and save up for a camcorder.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 4:31 PM   #19

wow. now that alot of hsn members are posting their complaints. I am happy and sad that I did not get this camera 90% are returns 5 % are accepting the camera for what it is, and the rest undecided
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:55 PM   #20

Hey guys,

I have a company Xmas function to attend on Wednesday, and I plan on bringing along the 5300 and tripod and getting as many pix of the group as my 256mb SD card and supply of freshAAA batteries will do. Since I have barely used the little thing, I have no idea what to expect as far as battery life expectation. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what I can expect?

I will be using the flash, for certain, since the party is indoors. Porbably the timer as well, and quite possible a lot of reviews for those interested. I plan on getting a nice battery charging unit and some Nimh batteries as soon as I can afford it, it seems the good ones like the MAHA 204 or the like are about a hundy with both AA and AAA batt's. Any experience with these units would be appreciated as well.

Fishy, you had a post somewhere about posting shots for viewing and how to go about it, will I be able to figure it out? How 'bout the URL or link, please. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can be!

SMW:-)