Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 26, 2005, 2:32 PM   #1

Update 129 on sale 20 rebate til end of dec

99.00 per camera 30,000 models brought in and the sale is ending with only a few thousand models left , black is gone silver is out t he door within the next show blue will be left. Please watch the air on the one minute for the camera and when you like the 20 minute show it is rrealy interesting.

http://media.putfile.com/hsn-3 introduction 1 minute

http://media.putfile.com/hsn-20-min20 minute show

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Mustek dv5300 camera from Home Shopping Network. As on Nov 26, 2005 HSN offered thecamera for 99.00 shipped video link Click me.

They talk about the camera, and thefunctions. Here we'll break down into sections: How the camera arives, the cosmetics, functions, samples and more.

features

• 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Camera (Digital Camcorder, Digital Still Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, Music Player, Video Camera, Card Reader) [/*]
  • 5 Mega Pixel Resolution [/*]
  • MPEG 4 Technology [/*]
  • Built-in Flash [/*]
  • Sophisticated Control Panel With User Friendly Interface [/*]

IMAGE SENSOR 3.0 CMOS Sensor LENS/FOCAL LENGTH 8.6mm APERTURE RATIO F = 3.0 DIGITAL ZOOM 8x OPTICAL ZOOM N/A DISPLAY 1.5 LTPS LCD EXPSURE MODE Auto
WHITE BALANCE Auto/Daylight/Cloudy/Fluorecent/Tungsten SHUTTER SPEED1/15 sec ~ 1/2500 sec DIGITAL EFFECTSNegative Art / Sepia/B&W / Solarize / Pastel / Sketch FLASH Yes FLASH MODE Auto / Off INTERNAL MEMORY 32 MB MEMORY CARD SLOT SD/MMCMICROPHONE Built-in
SPEAKER Built-in TELEVISION SYSTEM NTSC/PAL BATTERY TYPE 1.5V AAA Alkaline Battery
POWER SOURCE 1.5V AAA Alkaline Battery x 3
DIMENSIONS 3.9" x 1.6" x 3.0" (L x W x H) 0.3bs(Without Battery)

DIGITAL STILL CAMERA RESOLUTIONFine (5M): 2560 x 1920 (Hardware Interpolated)
Normal (3M): 2048 x 1563Economic(XGA) 1024 x 768 SELF TIMER 10 Seconds Delay FILE FORMAT(IMAGE) JPEG Compatible SCENE MODE Auto/Portrait/Landscape/Sport/Night
Portrait/Spotlight/Beach&Ski/Sunset/Moon
DIGITAL CAMCORDER RESOLUTION Fine: 640 x 480 10fps Normal: 352 x 228 30fps
Economic:320 x 240 30fps FILE FORMAT(IMAGE) ASF (MPEG 4 Compatible)
DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER FILE FORMAT WAV
MP3 PLAYER FILE FORMATMP3 MASS STORAGE MASS STORAGE(Driver) WIN98SE (Driver Included) WIN ME WIN2000 SP3 and Above MAC 9.X & 10.1.x and Above
You may vist te mustek site Http://www.mustek.com your location.....

Places to find the mustek dv5300 are as follows:

1. HSN.com
2. cclonline
3 the twister group
trusted sites
1 teptronics

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Those of you who are joining the forum, and have ordered their musteks from Hsn Welcome aboard this thread is made for thosewho own the camera Please post your comments . All are welcomed to postas well.

1.looking over the Mustek you see the choices in color, cables, pouch and the tft screen size

2As you may notice when camera tft screen is facing to you the outer shell , it has a very eligent metalic or mirror finish to it. nicely designed , but if the sun reflects off it it may be possable to show back to the subject and casue glare or sun marks.

3. side views behind the tft is a sticker , that is removable unless viewed in person may be perminent. no controls as al are in the rear. on the other half is the whell of choice and you center on button with a light

4. Mr. Ed Scwartz of Mustek is the host on the show and has brought in some amazing professional shots, If he did bring them in and they were from the Mustek dv5300se why are they not on the camera to show, they all are 8x10 phots. in that perspect I believe they might be from the musteks source. As we will see in the video themselfs which they are.

5. these are the functions of the camera some samples they show videophot special effects and the red record button as well as the icons , they still keep to the format of the square and battery but have changed the icons to look a lot better hten the older styling/

6. as we look at the pix here what really was not mentioned was the fact that the three waterfall shots were a regular. partial zoom and fullzoom, I may be guessing but it sure looked very imprressive, as they left the info out, the other pix is of the mp3 feature shows the whole name of the song and possable stereo features on the mp3 we will know later. the sterwo speaker moves in and out while the song is playing how cool is that.

7.this was really imprressive , the camera has a interval setting , this feature only works if you are frozen solid in a spot nothing passes the lens not true as long as the camera does not move for the shot only takes as many as in the video 4 segmants this feature was added on the dv5500 excellent feature to have besides the security sensor that the camera has as well, a lot of information that can be found on the website that is not mentioned on there but on the show!
8.lastly they talked about the stablizor and how it works.

This is a review taken off of the video. Please try to watch the video, it is very helpful in making your choice, the Hostest [email protected],000[/b]

Black is sold out while silver 2000 left and blue they never mentioned

Well that completes the review anyone owning the camera will not bedisatified at all. unless they had their hearts realy set on it to work like a million dollar camera.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2005, 4:51 AM   #2

those who ordered their hsn camera congrads the sale is off and now 146 with a rebate till 12-25-05 good luck and hope you post up your reviews
Old Nov 28, 2005, 5:26 PM   #3

Yeah I noticed this morning when I checked the link that they are awaiting shipping confirmation so they retracted their original shipping time of 12/09. :?

Sure hope to get it by Xmas.
stevenwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 6:31 PM   #4

depending on your location I was told on my first order 12-09 and changed colors and was given a 3 days advance to 12-06, then I canceled for the due reason low fps that was my concern, I should have just taken my winnings and walked away but I am not dissappointed for the sole purpose I may be picking a new one up at 90.00 but again I might invest in casio, kodack. samsung digital camera with optical zoom 3x. Holiday bug is biting and I have will power till 7pm tonight.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:45 PM   #5

88.95 click me

I found the camera for this price and they are out of stock and possable free shipping due to not being to the store as it is a new arrival . that was the reason HSN got their hands on those great deals, Lol I do not mindwaiting afew extra days if i find its due by a weeks time?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:21 PM   #6

I got home from work earlier than usual as my wife informs me of a packae delivery. Huh?, I thought. You guessed it. The 5300 arrived from HSN today intact, shipped from a Riverside, California area warehouse. Needless to say I'm stunned. Now, having told my wife that it was a Xmas present for her that I spent all that online time on the other night,I'm in a pickle. God, I want to take it out and play with it.

So I close the bedroom door and tell her to stay the hell out. On first examination, the "wow" factor is huge. Very impressive packaging, all intact. Then I took the little dickens out of it's wrapper and handled it. I guess I should have expected this light weight plastic but I'm still warming up to it. The doors that cover the SD card socket and the cable ports are hinged by the flimsiest plastic rods that it took me a few minutes to summon the courage to operate them at all. Closing them is even better, there is only a small depression in the plastic body which accepts the little nipple on the back of each door, one per door. Handling it seems touchy, I am a fairly big guy with big mits, I think I'll be using the included tripod more than I thought.

Now, I haven't tried it yet, so maybe that will sway me one way or the other. On the bar is the newest Radio Shack Ad that hit today with a 5 in 1 for $99.00 after rebate, annd it has a 2" LCD. Their private label brand by who knows who.

Okay, I'm going to go play with it and report later.

Regards
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:53 PM   #7

Okay, just spent the last hour or so tinkering. Since this is my first "hybrid", there is obviously some adaptation needed on my part, but my only real dissappointments at this point are 2, no dc in jack, and not web-cam capable. The latter I think I already knew, but I wasn't familiar enough with the application to know what it meant anyway. Set-up was touchy at first, each menu change, mode change, or toggle down has options to choose by toggling sideways with the joystick. It's a challenge until you open the right documentation. (they send 2 handbooks and an easy to follow, fold out guide) One booklet is your basic, Getting to know......., in a bazillion languages, the fold out chart is the same as the book only larger and 2 sided. Ah, then I open the last booklet which looks exactly like the first, there, in english exclusively (thank you), are the menu trails and advanced feature instruction sets. These allow you to change shutter speeds, white balance, bakground compensation, etc.

For the most part, once you exit "set-up" with yourparameters set, they only other changes I plan on making at any time would be found in the record/take picture mode. This I find to be very convenient. That means that I really don't have to fumble around with the mode cwheel, just the menu button which is adjacent to the toggle control. The thing has more features than I will ever use, my only concerns for recording are exposure control and shutter speeds since I take my camera to all auto racing exploits, including my brothers Blown Alcohol F/C, where it will be very handy to review each pass. Although the automatic formats for record effects will be very useful. I plan on using the different scene modes, but probably won't bother with the effects.

Shot a few seconds of video on High and fine and played back on the LCD, wasn't too impressed. Jerky and grainy, probably a function of the crappy LCD which can't exploit the Hi res mode. My wife's getting dressed up, (okay, I sprung it on her) and I'm going to get some video of her doing what she does best. I'll reserve further comments until then. Probably no appropriate forum for this!

Regards:!:
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:38 AM   #8

I think you'll find it works much better outdoors than indoors. And there's nothing like drag racing to test how well the microphone works. As to what sort of indoor videoing your're doing, well, um, ...never mind.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:42 AM   #9

ahh you the Man!

Glad you are happpy, the instructions are hard yes not the best. but read them get to know them.

the tripod head of warning . be careful not to place the camera down it'll topple over . but yes a metal one, they went plastic after that andws worse off. I have it

SO Sorry to hear the camera is all plastic but my aipteks are like that gets time to get used to.

vid res 10fps may be the bad point of this, that was why

I ordered , changed colors , and canceled, found for 89 and thinking?

your camera has webcam it may be when you load up thesoftware you shoulf see on the tft screen printer/mass storage/ webcam

when you try to add the software its tricky takes a lil time to get it right

I remember I load it all up and then plug camera let the hardware be found, wait, and then go hit from mass to webcam two to 3 drivers are thee

good luck, and hope all enjoy and looking for samples when thetyme is right?aaaaaaaplus
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:34 PM   #10

Well, a little more practice and I'm a little better at operating, and pretty satisfied with the unit. Video quality is actually quite good though I will never iundestand the logic of a menu option as "hi-res" that has the lower FPS count. I haven't compared the various res(s) yet, but I would guess that medium res at 30 FPS would resemble the high res at 10. Vid quality is great while you are stable, I notice more fuzziness when I am moving, the tripod will be used some.

I need to play with the various exposure options like night shutter, tungsten, flourescent, etc. The effects are visible on the TFT, but I would like to see them on my laptop. Being a novice, I tend to use "auto" most always. What I also really need to know is what mode will allow the crisp image in different degrees of ambient lighting when shooting high speed movement. I have lost many still shots with my Vivitar while waiting for the damn thing to take the picture I asked it do a couple seconds before. I guess that would be the "sports" mode I saw.

Anyway, when I get more practice, I'll try to post some shots. I'll have some questions needing expert advice, I'm starting to appreciate this forum.

:lol: