Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:05 PM   #1

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again, fishycomics for the assistance. Now that I've played with the mpvr for a
while it seems to work fine ...except for one little annoyance. The mp3 feature seems
to be causing the camera to power off (but only when changing tracks). Not all the time,
just between certain tracks, ie tracks 3-4, 19-20, 40-41. I have reformatted the sd
cards and reconverted the wma's to mp3's again. But it still has the same trouble no matter which sd card(1-256 sandisk, 1-512 sandisk, 1-2gb kingston ultimate) I use.
Also it does not seem to matter what mp3 I put in these locations (tracks 3-4,19-20,40-41) it will literally cycle the camera power off. Any Idea's or any one else with similiar trouble?
Stumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2005, 3:37 AM   #2

1. how is the battery is it on full. the camera only has a battery life on 1 hour to two hour playtime.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I am not much of a listener to my old songs yet i do not have a lot of mp3 saved due to sites I so not know of? I would have to test it outmyself to find the answer but that is the only one that i can think of

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"you are listeningto the songs and try to keep the cover closed and that will shut off the lcd monitor only if you leave it open the battery will drain a lot faster? have you tried that? they play constant and repeat after the last song?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:33 AM   #3

Stumbler,

If you are renaming the mp3's so that the actual songs play in a different order, or load an entirely different set of mp3's, yet the camera still has trouble at the same places in the order, then it sounds like there's something wrong with the camera. We haven't heard of this problem before.

Sometimes my camera has trouble with the odd "heavily shared" mp3, but deleting the song cures it. The Digilife DDV-720 is more sensitive to corrupted tracks than the other hybrids I've had.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:08 PM   #4

Stumbler it is not of what you are doing wrong? a person asked my diglife bbeps twice after my friend pulled the card out . wel I did a stil test and overloaded my camera with unwanted files 2000 plus on a 2 gig card well formatting once and well I am in the process of recording a shop at home clip again Lol, and my camera shut off hmmmmm Did I hit a record button or I thought I did?

1 did you hit record or playback and thought you id but didn't?

and well it stopped well I again turned it back on and why I am not seeing a full screen with icons hmmmmm,once agin on the thrid turn up no recording I say let me re-foramt the card again so I did i getinto 15 minutes and my dvr recorder (cable box ) show is going I hit stop I got the whole show complete, . Possable formatting your sd card not only once but multi times will help

While doing my tests I must have shut off the camera 10 times Lol overheat. and well defragment is the keyworkd the buffer is currupted and needs formatting.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:28 PM   #5

Hello. sorry so slow in replying, I've been putting in alot of hours at work. Not much play time around the holidays. I reformated the card and reconverted the wma to mp3 again, and discovered that it has to be the files. I downloaded the original tracks again, and only put those tracks on the card. They all did the same thing (caused the camera to power down after playing) . Sooooo I reinstalled all the other tracks except for the offending tracks and it worked fine. It's gotta be something wrong with those tracks. but they play fine on my dv305 ? hmmm.

Stumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 3:39 AM   #6

if you got currupted spots that is exactly the way aiptek feels sick. so . try again grab that song only, and play it on the pc see if it sounds good and then go to win movie maker etc and add it as audo track and then save it and then reformat it. possably like we are saying needs reformatting the sd card as well as the song more like changing the song out and converting it

look in the arc media if you can convert (guessing)