Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 28, 2005, 2:43 AM   #1

Can anyone share the driver for this camera. I left it at home and I am on another country now. I cannot use it as a webcam. I cannot find anything on the internet even in Digilife website.
Nogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:38 PM   #2

Hi Nogard.

I'm replying just because I noticed that some of the more senior members from the forum have yet to reply.

I own a DDV-7000 (private labelled as a VB-720, and shows up as a DDV-660 when plugged into the comptuer) and I am not aware that it has any web cam capabilities.

If you had this camera working as a webcam previously I'd like to know the details.

Thank You.
cjrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:48 PM   #3

I'm pretty sure it can be used as a webcam. If, for instance, you plug it into a tv and leave it in video record mode, you can display what's going into the camera's lens, on the tv screen. Anything that can do that should be able to act as a webcam.

Seems to me that on www.ispan.com.tw / product info / digital camcorders / DDV-720 / download, you can obtain a driver for the camera.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:12 PM   #4

The output from the DDV-700/DDV-720/VB-720 camera in this scenario is analog and would require that the computer have an analog capture card to be used as a web cam. For use as a stand alone web cam, the camera would have to output streaming video through a digital interface (such as the USB port) and you would need a twain driver installed on the computer to recognize the device; as far as I am aware, no twain driverexists for this camera in any of it's incarnations.

As I said before, please correct me if I'm wrong since I'd rather like to be able to use my VB-720 as a web cam (just for the heck of it really, since I already have a couple of other web cams).
Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:39 AM   #5

[align=left] If your digicam haswebcam (pc camera) feature, inmanualit should be written something like that:[/align]

[align=left]"PC Camera Mode[/align]

[align=left]When in Mass Storage Device Mode, press REC/PLAY Button to switch to PC Camera[/align]

[align=left]Mode and the GREEN LED will light up. Under this mode, you can implement live video[/align]

[align=left]conference meetings or use video email over the Internet"[/align]

[align=left] This is from manual of DDV-910[/align]

[align=left] Webcam (pc camera) driver should be in cd, or maybe one from http://www.ispan.com.tw/support.asp?...amp;ref_id=112helps you.[/align]
isikayhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 1:44 PM   #6

Hi Isikayhan.

1.) Thanks for the tip.

2.) I have successfully proven to everyone on this forum that I do not have the capability to read manuals. I actually read my manual and the same information as posted above does in fact apply to the DDV-7000/DV-720/VB-720 model. I tried it andthe camera nowworks great as a webcam.

3.) If Nogard's still around, send me an email: I think the file you need is about 40MB, so I can't post it here - we'll need to figure out some way for me to send you the file.

Thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 2:48 PM   #7

There is a download link for webcam driver for Orite dv3020 (Chicony Dragon 3 clone or Digilife DDV-660) uploaded by burkon fromits cd, which is 42.56mb:

http://rapidshare.de/files/7264336/d...ebcam.zip.html

Old Dec 20, 2005, 6:41 AM   #8

Hi, I am having the same problems setting up the camera as PC/Web Cam, I have followed both the manual and this topics instruction so I am completely dumb as I still cannot make it work! I have pressed the mode button, light on the round navigator panel change from red to green, tried the rec/play, in fact I have tried every button available to amke it work, nothing, nada, zilch, you get the picture (no pun intended). Should I have some form of software on the PC preloaded for this to work? I tried downloading a driver from iSPAN as this is my brand, this friver does not work and I am a little unsure in downlowding the driver for the camera mentioned at the bottom of this topic (sorry cant recall its make/brand/name), can you anyone help? Kindest regards, kinolmontie
kinolmontie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 3:31 PM   #9

did youinstall a driver from your digicam's cd?
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:35 AM   #10

Hi, yes, I used the cd that came with the camera and have now been able to use the viewerthrough Video7 and photo express 4 whch was on the PC although getting it to work even following the manuals instructions was not clear, it was more trial and error to get it going. The picture does look a little edgy/pixelated through these viewerswhen the camera is connected via the USBto the PC, alsoyou cannot use the remote when connected, if you know of a camera that offers remote when connected to the PC, has a volume control and a decent microphone I would like to know. Many thanks for your help, kindest regards, kinolmontie
kinolmontie is offline   Reply With Quote