Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:11 PM   #11

Thanks. Any idea as to which states have the $98 sale at Target?

Judi
starwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:37 PM   #12

Thanks for the reminder about the credit card award points. I had enough points for $100 visa card. That sure helps. I'm going to Oregon next week, so I'll buy it then (no sales tax). I'll let you know how it all works out. Thanks for your help.

Judi
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:57 PM   #13

As taget 98.00 sale is over no raincheck are given to those who are out of that states origan, I sent many letters trying my best to get a matched raincheck price . Guess you have to be an ALL AMERICAN COMPANY to recieve one as target is not.

This puts a damper on a spare camera for me. so finding the best camera at the best price is research. hope all yourshopping ,ad advice found pays off.

As my co worker brought in hislook alike Mustek camera he could not figure out the controls so i showed him how simple it was, and he now is going to use it as a toss around one . so I hope you and your family gets lots of pleasure out of it

the software for that camera was a lil different as well. but had the same ulead and a extra one or two, different comps toss in different software. so the different pkg you saw was the thne older version added back to the newer camera , but made no sense when you need Arc converter for av imput. have a great one.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:39 PM   #14

Well, I finally got the Aiptek MPVR. I bought it at Target in Oregon, so no sales tax, plus I signed up for the instant Target credit card so I got 10% off. Every little bit helps I guess. Of course, it's no fair that it's in one of those blister packs so I can't play with it before she gets it! So I may be back here after Christmas asking for advice on how stuff works. Although there's that great thread that goes through the software and everything...

Again, thanks!

Judi
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:41 PM   #15

So, forgot to post the price: $149 - $15 or so, so about $134. It seems that ecost.com has the best prices on SD cards. Luckily, my mom is going to get that for her.

Judi
Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:32 AM   #16

Judi, you can play with the camera if you read my thread the aiptek review , take a scissor and carefully NOT cutting slip it between the seams and you'll pop open the seal and gently work on it it taken me 5 minutes to open mine prfectly , but 2 weeks plus is not long congrads on your savings that's excellent
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:08 AM   #17

Uh-Oh. Now I'm in trouble! Thanks for the tip!

Judi
Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:51 PM   #18

Judi guess what target did they threw a sale on the Is-dv hope its in your area good luck in your choice
Old Dec 11, 2005, 10:22 PM   #19

I think I saw that when I was there. Oh well. I had my mind set on the MPVR--for whatever reason. No point in looking back now.

Thanks,

Judi
Old Dec 12, 2005, 6:29 AM   #20

Not at all, you'll be very pleased the Is-dv has no ac support when the Usb plug is in it utilizes the dc battery so when you are webcamming or loading on a dead battery oh bouy. curruption may happ, thinner wires and same features , just a different design with a lil les features ,its a replacement for my damaged mustek, , bet I'll still use my musteks lol:lol: