Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:00 PM   #1

Well, I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this all out and I'm just not having any luck. Hope you can help me. I want to get a hybrid for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas. This is her first camera. I've had digital cameras for years, so I have a pretty good understanding of the features, etc., but it just seems like there are SO MANY of these hybrids to look at and they sound so much alike.

Basically, I'd like it to take decent (printable to 8x10)still pictures without a lot of hassle, "good enough" video for her to have fun with, and a mp3 player. I was initially thinking that I would rather have rechargeable batteries, but the discussions about the battery life on the Mustek 4500 are swaying me a bit, so I'm not sure about that. And of course, the price should be less than...say $130 or so. And I'd like it to come with software that is fun and easy to use.

The Mustek DV9300 looks pretty cool, but it looks like it doesn't come with the software that the 4500 has. Doesn't the 4500 play mp3's? I'm looking at Mustek's specs and it looks like it doesn't, but then it has "mp3" right on the case and this forum says it does... I'm really confused! I was trying to look at some of Digilife and Aiptek's hybrids, too, but then my brain felt like it was going to explode...:OI've read lots of these posts--some multiple times, but I'm just not getting any closer. Suggestions?

Thanks, Judi
starwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:51 PM   #2

Judi

mustek dv4500 (5000)

flash is weak machro is not a true machro 2 feet is the closest still or video. video is excellent plays mp3 software titles are good cool 360 i luv ulead vid i do not care for 3 copies all the same titles i own 3 musteks 3000,3500 4500

3500 is the same no flash no machro a great beginner camera 3 hours Minimum battery life 512 sd card and you are good to go.

mustek dv9300 and 5300se are updated cameras wait for olhacer to answer. software may be ulead vid suiete 7 rather than 6 no difference a little more bang for the buck more professional has different still setting shots and the 5300se10fps @ high 9300 a better choice

5300se 3aaa battery 1 hour to 2 hour max

9300 2 hour max battery life the 9300 is a lithium rechargable

the others you buy a rechagable battery if they run out local 99 cent store will do. lithium 20.00 or ebay 5.00 and hold a spare warm in winter time in the pocket Lol

the Aiptekmpvr has one up over the mustek dv9300. it is a video recorder of all sorts record any shoe INTO the camera using the av imput even your pc playstation etc. mp3 but some have webcam some do not addtional purchase a remote control

the flash is POWERFUL far better then the mustek dv4500

the mustek dv9300 the aiptek mpvr the digilife and Ispan are all the same model. just that mustek 9300 is missing the PMP (portable media player) SOON to be released

Mustek dv-m12

Ispan 920/960 digilife ddv100 m1 v1 (forget the model)

the aiptek is missing the remote for free. home shopping network has a great deal a free remote 20.00 value 5.00 shipping

hope this helps out

What to go for is all up to how much you love your DAUGHTER?

mustek dv9300 may be out of stock and hard to find in a store

aiptek mpvr can be had at target in hand 90 day return

digilife Ebay.

Mustek dv4500 (5000) online
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:58 PM   #3

http://media.putfile.com/sun-shade

this video was taken in 2003 in hollywood Ua studios Oldhacers neck of the woods.

what I am showing you is how the camera reacts to light. and I talked about adjustment.

1. take a few secs let the camera get used to the light, then record. this is nomal for all the hybrids to do even high end camcorders react as well.

the stills/vids need to let the camera wake up that's all I am saying about it. this is a muctek dv3000 lowest resolution why i filmed i couldn't aford one atthe time but after my trip i got the 3500 andson after they came out whith a flash lol
Old Nov 29, 2005, 9:03 PM   #4

starwishing wrote:
Quote:
Well, I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this all out and I'm just not having any luck. Hope you can help me. I want to get a hybrid for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas. This is her first camera. I've had digital cameras for years, so I have a pretty good understanding of the features, etc., but it just seems like there are SO MANY of these hybrids to look at and they sound so much alike.

Basically, I'd like it to take decent (printable to 8x10)still pictures without a lot of hassle, "good enough" video for her to have fun with, and a mp3 player. I was initially thinking that I would rather have rechargeable batteries, but the discussions about the battery life on the Mustek 4500 are swaying me a bit, so I'm not sure about that. And of course, the price should be less than...say $130 or so. And I'd like it to come with software that is fun and easy to use.

The Mustek DV9300 looks pretty cool, but it looks like it doesn't come with the software that the 4500 has. Doesn't the 4500 play mp3's? I'm looking at Mustek's specs and it looks like it doesn't, but then it has "mp3" right on the case and this forum says it does... I'm really confused! I was trying to look at some of Digilife and Aiptek's hybrids, too, but then my brain felt like it was going to explode...:OI've read lots of these posts--some multiple times, but I'm just not getting any closer. Suggestions?

Thanks, Judi
I'd say she would be perfectly happy with an Aiptek DV4500, or even better, the DV5900. Don't worry about getting exactly the right one, because there is no such thing and you'll drive yourself nuts trying to decide. You may know the tiny detail differences, but she won't, and they won't make a difference to her. Same goes for the software.

Having or not having one of these versatile devices makes a vastly bigger difference than whether, for instance, they save files in .asf or .avi, or use this battery or that battery.

One thing is for sure, she'll have something none of her friends have. Adolescents are utterly impressed by my hybrid cameras. The MP3 feature really amazes them. Great present.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:54 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies! Which software is easier to use--the ones bundled with Aiptek MPVR or Mustek 4500 or 9300? I'm in Calif., so no sale price at Target. That might have to make my decision for me since I have to get a SD card, too.

Judi
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:41 PM   #6

I own the musteks software,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I own the aipteks software

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I own the hanshing software

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Which one I find a easier?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Aiptek.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I do like the mustek as well the 360 ulead, just like virtual tors like on the expedia. Just cannot load up here , unless you have the software to view it which mustek has.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Ulead video suete 6 or 7 ido not like hard to use and accept avi or asf files

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Aiptek Cyberlink WOW! I like the transaction effects. if hte cam has a webcam the video live is also good

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"my hanshing camera software the same Wow easy software , if you heard of and have Win movie maker, they are better in their ways.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you are getting a Mustek, and would like the aiptek software (hint) Pm me

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"and vica versa.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you settle for a hybrid let us know we would love to hear which one all are excellent one's good luck.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 6:07 PM   #7

Thanks! So the Ulead video suite that you don't like as much comes with Mustek 9300/5300, but not the 4500?

I like the body style of the Aiptek, Mustek 9300/5300--and the larger screens. So are these the main differences between the 9300 and 5300 -- the megapixels, type of battery, and the 9300 can be 30 fps instead of 10 ...? I wish I could find the Aiptek cheaper.

Judi
Old Nov 30, 2005, 6:35 PM   #8

starwishing wrote:
Quote:
Thanks! So the Ulead video suite that you don't like as much comes with Mustek 9300/5300, but not the 4500?

I like the body style of the Aiptek, Mustek 9300/5300--and the larger screens. So are these the main differences between the 9300 and 5300 -- the megapixels, type of battery, and the 9300 can be 30 fps instead of 10 ...? I wish I could find the Aiptek cheaper.

Judi
you like the MPVR (aiptek)?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the 5300 model the screen is small a 2 1/4 screen is sweet the 9300 can be grabbed at 128 at Visit the link

The software from mustek are all of the same the dv3000 had ulead vid suiete 6, the 3500 had the same and the 4500 came with an additional title called simplestar phot album . a excellent title as well, can add caption and a lil animation to the jpegs. and email to anyone. Will do a sample soon.

10fps at hig may be good I cannot tell the difference by far I had the IS-Dv at 15 fps and sure looked good 5 less cannot be bad possable storage space is greater with less fps?

the 9300 has a lithium simular to aiptek mpvr .

the 9300 has most of the same features as the dv5300 but a bigger screen and lithiun battery, and a larger style like the mpv

the 5300 has the same features of the 9300 but smaller screen.

can do a lot of still functions

the video is all the same but at high 10 rather then 30 that is quite a difference if you are going to savour the moment.

Where can you find these. for starters, it may be not to late to find a way to obtain gift cards from a store and add them to the camera, sell some stuff on ebay? all ideas

I have points on bonus points and I save up enough for 10.00 gift cards and recieved an camera from target at 130 and 40.00 in free gift cards. and well I hada problem and exspressed some feeling to the site and recieved a greater discount to keep the camera with a n exchange as well. those are options .

Old Dec 2, 2005, 2:42 AM   #9

OK. I'm strongly leaning towards the Aiptek. I found a free shipping code for shopathometv and that seems to be the best price since it comes with a remote. But the software that comes with it is different from what I've seen elsewhere. This is what is listed on the shopathometv site:

[*]Camera Manager [/*][*]Cyberlink Power Director Pro [/*][*]Ulead Photo Express SE [/*][*]Ulead Photo Explorer [/*]

The Aiptek web site says it's supposed to come with:

• Camera Manager [/*]
  • Muvee AutoProducer [/*]
  • ArcSoft Photo Impression [/*]
  • ArcSoft Media Card Companion [/*]
  • ArcSoft MediaConverter
[/*]
So what's the deal with that?

If not the Aiptek, then it will be the Mustek 9300.

Judi

Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:30 AM   #10

Before they said it had a tv option. I emailed them and no response back , but they corrected their mistakes I guess another email will have to do

Now Like I said before and I may repeat it again software can be obtained other methods free

You want cyberlink power director, i'll do a sample video if like and as well research in here in the aiptek mpvr review and look LOOK in there . you will see all the software and everything the camera is capable of doing, as well as upload center and how to software.:!:

Now why would they not include the converter muvee maker. it may be possable they are adding those as an addition or a phone call to them is needed ,

Muvee 4 is SO SO SO simple no thinking involved you will se a big DEM on it and it makes the movie for you no editing, no guessing, I Own muvee 1 and let me tell you it was awefull I guess b/c it was limited to 60 secs and I had not the full blown version I got used to other software and again new camera new software

Hope I cleared up some questions. the camera Is eligant and stylish and can be had at target at 159. plus tax and again returned at 90 days and gift cards can be had as well if you look and have points on credit cards online etc.

starwishing wrote:
Quote:
OK. I'm strongly leaning towards the Aiptek. I found a free shipping code for shopathometv and that seems to be the best price since it comes with a remote. But the software that comes with it is different from what I've seen elsewhere. This is what is listed on the shopathometv site:

[*]Camera Manager [/*][*]Cyberlink Power Director Pro [/*][*]Ulead Photo Express SE [/*][*]Ulead Photo Explorer

The Aiptek web site says it's supposed to come with:

[/*]
  • Camera Manager [/*]
  • Muvee AutoProducer [/*]
  • ArcSoft Photo Impression [/*]
  • ArcSoft Media Card Companion [/*]
  • ArcSoft MediaConverter[/*]
So what's the deal with that?

If not the Aiptek, then it will be the Mustek 9300.

Judi