Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:06 PM   #1

Started reading this board a few days ago. Great info steve!!! Anyway I am looking at getting the aiptek mpvr or the digilife v1for myself and was going to just get my 11 yr old daughter a digital camera but then I thought she might have more fun with a hybrid( looking to spend about $80-100 for her) From what I read are the aiptek and digi made by the same company? If so how could one be better then the other? I looked on ebay and queenofglitter only has the IPSA 910 for sale on ebay I thought she was also the person to get digilife from too? Any other places sell the digilife? Does the digilife do anything better then the mprv? aiptek say you get vhs-s quality while the digi says you get dvd quality. Also looking for suggestions for a hybrid for my 11yr old. Needs to be easy to use and durable. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Matt
Excel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:21 PM   #2

matt welcome aboard, and you shouldalso be thanking sgspirit and Me as well , :sad:

11 year old I would look into any , any camera for her , the mpvr will be perfect . She can take andsnap away , and have hours of fun, and life time memories.

How durable are these I own a mustek, as well, dropped many times never had an issue till this week, Lol I did not do anything to th camera and the battery door is notcatching velcro wil fix the door lol

Software easy very easy to use . see my reviews on the mpvr. Is-Dv both excellent camera 20.00 difference You may or can have a chance to Pic up a mustek 5300se at a few sites the lowest price is 89.00 plusshipping out of stock. 119 at Hsn ater rebate. and tax -20.00

aiptek 5900 is 99.00 at shop at home and lower in the target stores, I was just told Wallgreens has the mpvr 150.00

check out target for them and no matter which one your daughter will love you for it.

the digilife from queens of glitter send them a Pm and say Mod fishy of steves forum directed you thee maybe a lil discount. as i was told recommendations are needed . the digilife andaiptek, and mustek all resemble one another but all do almost the same or simular functions, the software may be easier on aiptek, but mustek may be very confusing, and digilife may have a better mp3 and vid. read up research sorry I was useless, my fellings were hurt here Lol (kidding)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 8:00 AM   #3

Man I'm sorry fishy for not giving you credit!!! LOL! Honestly I read your review on the mpvr about 4 times already! LOL! I saw on another post that the ISA 920is the same as digilife? Does queenofglitter have the digi's you just need to ask for them or would the isa 920 that they are currently sellingbe just as good. What about accesories. It seems the aiptek would be easier to get since their website lists everything while the other brands aren't as easily found? I also noticed the aiptek supports the 2 gig cards while the digi only supports the 1 gig? Thanks!

Matt
Old Dec 9, 2005, 1:28 PM   #4

http://cgi.ebay.com/12MP-2-5-LCD-Dig...QQcmdZViewItem

not jumping off the subject. but check this camera out can be a take off of a few companies as well.

that's alright I am well appriciated lol we were from DWI and made this site possable for all.....

Ispan is a hard camera to find in North America, I may get in truble for saying USA toda Lol that includes mexico, america and canada North America

Digilife is the same answer hard to find. even though they are exported to california and bussiness claiming to be major stores they can be ran out of a house like Supacam Nises I 4 got already lol something like that.

so yep queen of glitter is selling the version v series of digilife and said they oops he or she or they will be getting them in shortely, better prive mail them for an answer.

Any hybrid is hard to find the interent is the only place and yep ebay seems to be a hot spot for these sales, but I rather find a store if online and pay the shipping fee , rather ebays insertion fee, finalized fee and a mark up of shipping, and while they post these auctions by bypassing the system Yep lol.

the link I remember seeing the camera and I forget it may be the new Ispan or mustek I'll see what the winning bid will be Looks awesome all the controls right there. is it a good camera ??? question marks do not know. but the brand svp aiptek, etc....

Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:31 PM   #5

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the link I remember seeing the camera and I forget it may be the new Ispan or mustek I'll see what the winning bid will be Looks awesome all the controls right there. is it a good camera ??? question marks do not know. but the brand svp aiptek, etc....

SVP HDDV-2100

Seller also has it in black (2100B). Not sure who builds this camera as the controls are different. SVP is also showing their version of the DXG-306V, the DC 1206. The HDDV 8400 is gone - which is no suprise to me.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 12:11 AM   #6

I checked out the link for the camera on ebay. Not a bad camerabut I didn't see any image stabalization? Plus they seem to be going for the same price you can get the isa pmp for. I sent queemofglitter a pm on a package deal on a digilife and the isa 910 with some SD cards. Ya know the more I look into these thingsthe harder it is to makea decision. I wish I could wait till after christmas that's when the best deals will show up.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 8:00 AM   #7

Exel22 you are right right after christmas of the year 2022 lol these will never go down in price at all you must hope no one bids on ebay, that time of sale lol, and in the stores of online never.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:20 AM   #8

update check target ads out 92.00 for an excellent camera
Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:31 PM   #9

Wow I would cancel my other order if I could get to a target but the nearest one is an hour away. Fishy when it comes to getting some SD cards for both players. 512 for my daughter and either 1 or 2 gig for my mpvr. I haven't bought one in a long time so do I need to stay with a name brand card or will any brand work in these cameras? Also I see they have high speed cards out too are they worth the extra money? Got any good sources to buy cards from. Thanks for the help!!!

Matt
Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:47 PM   #10

you are getting the 4500 by aiptek for your Daughter?
1 a 512 is the Max. and there are advantages and disadvantages over the Is-dv and the 4500 if you feel you need to run to target Go? I grabbed it b/c I had it b4 and said its a steal of a deal, andwas not fair when the mpvr was at 98.00, if your local target has it on sale California (oldhacer says its a poloroid by him?:?

"

"the mpvr 1 gig is fine if a 2 gig can be had even better?

Now what brands I go with . any one I use

"sandisk regular speed, data, and panasonic 128mb high speed ( i think) was free lol

"I see no difference , the camera buffer are 512 and has a 16 mb of internal flash it uses.

"the best place staples has them 50 a 1 gig 25 for a 512 even COstco/price club bj's sams club if in your area.

newegg.com by the time you pay for shipping and the wait you may get the card at hand. I seen Pc richards a electronic store selling a 256 I think 9.99 so your local sunday papers have deals

"I never could afford a sd card at one time 128k was alot of money 100.00 and i went on my trip and thank goodness i got 90 min low res of video while all my stills on a 64, 128 smart card again alot of money for a 2 meg digital

today 50.00 is a drop in the bucket. and I am waiting for a 2 gig to come down in price but I'll never get the camera to film 2 hours straight lol my mustek is good for that it is a smaller file size than mpvr. that is why I ran out to get the Is-Dv a smaller file size have fun deciding

"I hope i helped out