Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 14, 2005, 3:56 AM   #1

Hello! Well, after a long time of searching, I ended up buying the Aiptek DV5900. But, just after that, I saw the IS-DV on sale at Target (as mentioned on this site, too) and went out to get that one.

I love it so far, but I'm having a problem. The video looks great and the audio appears to sync up correctly when I view it on the camera's built-in screen.

But, when I transfer the files over to the computer and view them (in Windows Media Player, Music Match, etc), the audio sync is off---WAY off. The audio is ahead of the video by about a second- and that's a lot of space.

Here's some symptoms: the video seems to play very slowly in the beginning, and the audio plays at normal speeds. By the time the video goes to full motion, the audio's about a second ahead.

I have a pretty fast computer and a ton of memory, so I don't that's the case, but maybe. It may be the WM codecs. The last video I played, which was in Creative MediaSource, played very choppy and slow, also dropping frames.

I just want to make sure that the video clip is fine and it's the programs that are playing it that stink.

But, I do my web video editing in Windows Movie Maker (it's so quick) and the problem happens there, too. I hope there's a way to fix this! Oh, and by the way, when I record at QVGA, the sync is fine on my machine.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Jim
wcjmproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2005, 2:30 PM   #2

Yes I got mine in hand I do not worry bout vid / aud synch as i am mostly placing songs etc. i did put up two vids and will look for them while I am making up an answer:idea:

1http://www.youtube.com/?v=BztBLgm9n0g

2http://www.youtube.com/?v=X5M2q8dT2OI

they say you need to lower the fps hmmmm.

I find if I allow 3 secs of dead space the problem may be fixed. I may have to count to 20 and see if it is happining on mine

I had review it is way pass page one Lol page 3 or 4 from august i returned the camera and may need a new review. hope the vid links wok out

if you like yahoo it to me the clip and i'll see if it working fine thanx fishy.

allow me some time to check mine out

a great buy for 92.00
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 5:37 PM   #3

Thanks again for the help. Here's a clip I recorded with my IS-DV the other day. See how the sync is WAY off?

http://fusco-moore.com/videos/CLIP0001.asf

I don't know if it's my computer not playing it right or if its the source file.

See what you think and let me know!

Jim
Old Dec 14, 2005, 6:08 PM   #4

Hi,

Your video played back just fine on my computer. Audio and video was synced properly.

Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:21 PM   #5

PRICELESS!

THE VID /AUD IS SYNCHED, TO PERFECTION.

i SEE THE VID IS COLORFUL AND CRISP. great camera shot.

bobbyc03 wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Your video played back just fine on my computer. Audio and video was synced properly.

Bob C
Old Dec 14, 2005, 8:45 PM   #6

So, it IS my computer!!

I'm so happy!

I was afraid it was the camera.

So now, I gotta figure out why I can't play these back right!

Thanks for your guys help, and I'll let you know of my progress.

Jim

PS- What program/version did you play the clip back with?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:36 AM   #7

windows media you may need to send it privte and a test on that as well

it can be a reload of codecs or just loading off a sd card to a file etc.

the r version 10 and off a disk
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:05 PM   #8

Well, now I know it's me- I tested it on my girlfriend's computer...works great! Even on my Pocket PC (which is good, but not as good as my laptop) plays it without a hitch. Well, I'll keep troubleshooting here, but I am LOVING the camera and have only good things to say about it. Maybe I'll post my own review sometime. Fishy, you've been an incredible help- couldn't have done this without you!

Jim
Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:56 PM   #9

Jim you are welcomed.

try to load up windows media again. possable you and I got bill gates gremlin in the pc lol:G

I am working on a video I s hot today. I had the Is-dv with me andwell I normally just take it and go and with a spare batt and card lol , not today. I left with about 2 cells on it and had nearly full So garanteed 2 cells. While sitting in my car I said to my self "Fishy" How do I mount my hybrid in the car?

I tried the tripod on the dash it falls . I taped my mustek to a ford s rear view miror lol:idea:

I looked at my pass side seat. I raised my head rest up, and low and behold it fits Just fine SWEEEET!:idea:

now I am leaving work, I got the car warming I place it in there and face the screen out to me folded flat YES! you know what? the battery went from two cells to RED OUCH! well now I am upset, not at all. if I get something great if not nodda.

I did watch it at a glance as i drove perfect but a tab off to the center.

Wished I hada wide angle lens boo hoo

well it was good, I notice the battery went back up to 1 cell and I figure , the temp being so cold it effected it. well my 45 minute trip did get filmed and duh a 512 card 64 minutes and guess waht . My stabilization was on ..........

My mpvr will eat 1.5 times more space why is that? the Is-dv was perfect no extra space wasted file size that is.............

I got to my location and had to do a lil acting. and yep edited my lovely face out sorry. and I am working on that vid now with a few softwares presto video works for mosiac cropping, and win movie maker for speed up and slow down (wmm i cannot see the speed up unless I save ) ( 30 mnutes to see it )

When I finish my task I'll post it up. 10 Minutes long though

Now what I find very interesting is the over casted day , it is going to snow so no sun I get a PERFECT video. while the other times it was sunny 1-2pm over head and foward sun. casted a shadow. ( always film sun at your back) got a dark pic hmmmm So I am very happy with todays outcome. I am going to save the clip, and bring it in to show my co-worker the video from Win movie maker . I have a converter software from the mpvr and allows any ANY recorded show to be played on the camera and it holds true for the Is-dv as well.

I am lookingfoward to your Clip and outcome. the vid/aud was just radio lol but when I acted out outside still the radio was playing Lol

Always here to help and I hope some can help me oneday as Steve from Digital camera forum made us the site THANK YOU Mod Fishy...............

ook for the Link later today I'll post up in here and an new topic.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:54 PM   #10

Vid link http://www.youtube.com/?v=T99g9Q7Jj-4

promised link