Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 17, 2005, 10:47 PM   #1

About time I got a scoop on a new Hybrid.

http://www.ispan.com.tw/specificatio...o=2&id=271

No pictures show up yet at that page. Besides the small size, it claims a metal body, 3" screen, and video-in. Optical zoom is not listed.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2005, 8:25 AM   #2

other featureslook identical of DDV-910
isikayhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:59 PM   #3

They've been at work in Taiwan and the pictures of the 930 are up now. The brochure is posted also.

The camera looks quite business-like. Maybe on a par with the Miniket. Hm, how to choose between a 520 pop can and the 930, just to get an optical zoom and autofocus.

I imagine the 930 will have an inferior speaker/microphone system, like the compact S670.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:05 AM   #4

I do not know. i preferre a gripping camcorder over a slim line
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:00 AM   #5

isikayhan wrote:
Quote:
other featureslook identical of DDV-910
Very close, anyway. They have different digital zooms, video file format and screen size.

It's interesting that for the new dsc's, Ispan has listed the chipset (both are Zoran Coach 7). Too bad they don't do this for the hybrids, because then we'd have a better idea of how each camera compares.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:03 PM   #6

A lot of hybrids use Zoran Coach chips. I thinkalso iSpan hybrids useZoran Coach chips.Zoran Coach 7 seems to bethe best chip for Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicamsuntil its successorZoran Coach 8 will be available.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:20 PM   #7

I know the Digilife DDV-S670 and 720 used OmniVision chipsets. The V1/810 is a very different animal from the other Digilife cameras up to the present ones, and the 810 used a Zoran chipset. There is a picture of its guts somewhere on this site.

Of the two, I think I like the OmniVision better. Both have plenty of annoyances. I did a comparison of the 720 and the 810, which shows how different they are. I don' t think I'd knowingly buy another with the Zoran chipset hybrid, since I find I'm using my 720 in preference to the 810.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:53 PM   #8

sgspirit, i searched in forum. but i didn't find any picture you mentioned.and also i didn'tunderstand from your previous posts; how you determine that those hybrids useOmniVision chipsets.

as i knowOmniVision is "CMOS sensor" and "USB camera bridge chip" (for pccamera - webcam) producer. So you are 50% right,because most ofCMOS sensors used inHybrid Digicamsare from OmniVision.

butOmniVisiondoesn't produce a chipset (i meanmain chip which controlsall functions)for any kind of digital cameras. Maybe there are cheap dual-modedigital cameras (webcam+digicam) which use OmniVision "USB camera bridge chip".

I will post topics with further details about main chips and sensors and how toidentify main chip of hybrid digicam.

Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:00 PM   #9

There is lots of information about what OmniVision makes, on their website. You're probably right, but I think they make more than cmos sensors. Their "camera on a chip" includes all sorts of other functions, and they have some other module that includes much more of the camera.

At least once, we've posted how to get cameras with OmniVision chipsets to reveal their firmware version.

The picture of the 810 internals was posted under fishycomics id. Searching for his id may not help, since you'd have hundreds of posts to sift through. Maybe you, fishycomics, remember where we posted the shot of the inside of an 810.

Ah, here it is:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=92&page=4

Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:13 AM   #10

I think there is a misunderstanding. "Camera OnA CHip" is COACH from ZORAN. On other hand, OmniVision its CMOS imagesensors as CameraChip becauseit integrates image capture and signal processing functions into a single chip. But it needs additional electronic componentfor storing, viewing, communicating, av output/input, etc. For example in mobile phone it works withgraphics chip and/or basebandchip.

COACHis integrated digital camera processor which uses 32-bit MIPS Technologies processor core http://www.mips.com.But CameraChipis only a CMOS imagesensor withsignal processing unit http://www.ovt.com/images/oTECH.jpg.