Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:28 AM   #11

Yeah. I just made that home repair to check quickly whether its an USB problem before I either a) send it back on the warranty, or b) buy a commercial plug converter. The money on the converter would have been wasted if this did not work and the warranty sending would have been quite expensive option.

What the camera does when on USB:

1) works as a webcam without a battery.

2) works as a mass storage device without battery power

3) does not recharge battery it seems whether the webcam feature is on or not. The "camera" cannot be turned on when plugged to computer it seems.

It seems that the manual is in error.

- Mahalo
mahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 10:32 AM   #12

Did you finally get your 2gb SD card work with your DDV-M1 camera?
wong604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 3:44 AM   #13

Great discussion that I hope someone can assist me on as well:

I have had the same problem - battery not charging from the USB as I was lead to believe that it did. Anyway, I'll be O.K. if it truly does charge from the AC connection for power. I do have a couple of questions:

1. How do I put it in Webcam mode?

2. Where can I get a 2nd battery? It seems that all the sites lead me to a language other than english.

I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks,:-)

Schoon
brian.schoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 5:30 AM   #14

Hi everybody,

I just received my Aiptek dv 8900, I don't know if this info can be of some help, but for charging the battery I need to go on SETTINGS, select USB PORT and switch to CHARGER: maybe it's the same on Digilife DDV-M1?!
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 5:32 AM   #15

As for the battery: if the model is the same that I use on the DV 8900 (Nokia 6108) u can buy them from the Aiptek site for 6 Euros+shipping.
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 9:33 AM   #16

Thanks a great deal for the info.

At the present time I can't get my camera to even turn on since the battery is completely dead. :-)

Info the Aiptek site was great.

Thaks again!

BS
brian.schoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:42 PM   #17

Hey MAHALO, Can you help me? I lost my driver CD and now i am unable to use my Digilife DDV-M1 as webcam. When I press rec/play button after connecting it through USB cable then "New Hardware Found" wizard pops up. But I can't install the driver.
I have tried so many softwares but in vain.

Please mail me the driver to Pm no emails thank you.

Waiting for your reply,

Ambarish
ambarishonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 3:00 AM   #18

Mahalo,

I have a Digilife DDV-1000 and I do not remember anything about charging the battery from the USB port. The DDV-1000 is the same as the M1 except the 1000 has a CCD sensor. Get the converter plug for the AC adapter. The adapter outputs 5 V DC - 2 Amps (10 Watts) where the USB only outputs .5 Amp.

The battery is a clone of a Nokia NP-60 used in cell phones and other cameras and is available on the web from various sellers, including Digilife USA.

The maximum size SD card for the M1/1000 is 1GB.

As a general rule, hybrids with CCD censors do better in low light than those with CMOS sensors. All digital sensors do a poorer job in low light than the human eye so always try to film in a bright area.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:00 PM   #19

I bought a used Digilife D7A, I think it has 5.0 MP CCD sensor and though the box says f=7.0mm F3.0/5.6 the camera lens has f=7.0mm F2.8/5.6 It has AV/IN which I also wanted.

I just got it today and haven't had much time to play around, the voice/video is in sync which is imprtant for what I need it for.

Does anybody know what model this is similar too, is it a DDV-1000, it looks different though the specs seem to be similar. Is this a China only model? The manual comes in English, German etc. etc.

arnoldmm is offline   Reply With Quote