Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:42 AM   #1

Hi, I have just received my DDV-720, looks/feels very good and I am getting my head around all that it does, however, my main problem is that having taken a few Vids to learn how the video side works I have very faint sound and cannot find how to adjust the volume e.g. increase the volume so I can hear what is being said on playback. Can anyone help? Kindest regards to all on my first topic, kinolmontie I hope to put a smile on when I find the answer.
kinolmontie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2005, 2:35 PM   #2

as for the volume on Playback try a na vigation button. go up or to a side. if not then possably reading the manual may help, I do not own this so that is why a manualis the best answer. I have a few cameras and one you need to hit a button twice to get to a volume. another one the mouse or nav bar. hope that helps

the pc camera your camera must be plugged into the pc and go through your set up and look for printer mass storage and pc all is there. once XP recognises it it'll work.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:21 PM   #3

Welcome kinolmontie,

The 720 has an insensitive microphone, so the audio will not be loud to begin with. According to this topic,
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
you can't adjust the volume of video soundtracks when playing back on the 720. Certainly a poor combination, and no smiles.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:14 AM   #4

sg I believe the question was he cannot adjust the volume to hear his video ..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"So Sg there is no volume control at all. on the camera wow I am happy all my camera s got that. total volume control.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:24 AM   #5

fishy/sg, many thanks for your help, there is no volume control on the camera (glad I didn't pay too much for it), however, it came with Video7 software and there is a volume control on that which has helped but not brilliant:roll:, it will have to do. I like the camera and all that it does but if you guys can advise me as to a better camera with same facilities (plus volume controll & better microphone)I may well buy that and give this one to the kids. Once again many thanks for your help it is much appreciated, kindest regards, kinolmontie:-)
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:25 AM   #6

sg, sent reply to fishy with thanks to you as well, kindest regards, kinolmontie
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:53 PM   #7

alot of recent talk is the creative 428 series. being the beter night vid and crips clearity. it is a take off of DXG, hanshing, digilife and mpvr, in its unique way.

Look into the Ispan for future camcorder functions as the 520 has an optical 3x zoom.

now my musteks all have controled playback volume. if you are referring to controlled recording volume not avalable.

We are only referring to what other members are posting up here

I luv my cameras and they are all toys. If I am gonna spend 300.00 it will be for a 25x optical dv camcorder
Old Dec 21, 2005, 7:48 PM   #8

fishy, many thanks for help on other camera's I am now looking for simple viewing software e.g. want to view via the PC what the camera sees, a bit like a security camera/software. I would like to keep it simple if pos, any ideas, kindest regards, kinolmontie
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:33 PM   #9

kinolmontie wrote:
Quote:
fishy/sg, many thanks for your help, there is no volume control on the camera (glad I didn't pay too much for it), however, it came with Video7 software and there is a volume control on that which has helped but not brilliant:roll:, it will have to do. I like the camera and all that it does but if you guys can advise me as to a better camera with same facilities (plus volume controll & better microphone)I may well buy that and give this one to the kids. Once again many thanks for your help it is much appreciated, kindest regards, kinolmontie:-)
The 720 does have a volume control for the MP3.

The 810 has volume control for video playback, plus a very sensitive microphone. In general, though, I don't like the 810. Maybe the 910 or 920 has the more likable Omnivision chipset, plus the good mic and video volume playback control, but I don't have one to check it. You could download the manual for the 910 from the Ispan website and see if the instructions mention this.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:49 AM   #10

Many thanks for your advice, I am looking into getting the 920, kindest regards, kinolmontie