Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:51 PM   #1

Well as I went to work, I had a dead battery. thought I had it fully charged, and when I went to show the vid . no juice.

I then showed one co-worker, and another day my other co-worker wanted to see, and today i walked out of the house with the camera, and not the sd video Lol

well I am ready to shoot my vid going home , make another fst movement video Lol, I see a dark area. " can that be the frame of the window?".

I taken the time to look at it safely. nope

The camera interior lens peies moved, and is loose . I bought it at target, and the return lines as well as the shopping will be outragous.

Do, I attempt a Diy repair, or return. I believe Like I told a lot of members I have 90 days from the start.

So I may Just wait it out and exchange the camera . Things happen and not upset.

1. there are2 visable screws, 1 in the batt case,1 in the rear usb ubto take out and as I do not see any way to pop the outer Lens off, I may have to open carefully and try not to upset the Plasti clips.

Here are some sample of a defective lens inner cover and pic and vid

http://media.putfile.com/CLIP000135
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:17 PM   #2

Update, I returned the Aiptek Is-Dv due to the reason of, it is very , very difficult to pop openthe case, I have the two screws Lol I could have kept the case as well. holiday season is great lol.

the camera had not taken any drops at all. when I got into the car, to turn on I notice my defect, and that is it, I wanted an exchange but taking the 100.00 and throwing it into a kitty pot for a camcorder I keep saying it Lol

As I was in Target, 100 Is-dv's on the shelpf @ 129.99

and the Mpvr at 159

oh well hopeyou do not have the trouble I got thanx Fishy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote