Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:08 PM   #11

LOL! I completely agree :lol:! I couldn't care less about the bass and the treble, I rarely ever used them anyway. And the DVR, 3MP CMOS (compared to 2 of the 4500) , Night mode, Frames, 2-1 shots, 2.4 inch screen (4500 = 1.5) , better flash, cooler design, etc. etc. etc. MORE than makes up for it! If I had to choose between bass/treble and DVR...actually that's a tough one...hmmmmmmmm :?
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:24 PM   #12

Of the four hybrids I've owned, the Aiptek DV4500 had by far the best MP3 system. On some of the Digilifes, you can't even delete MP3 songs in the camera!
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:24 PM   #13

I'd have to disagree with ya there sgspirit.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The 4500 has a whiney noise when changing songs which the MPVR does not. Also, it seems to me that the bass and treble are BUILT IN to the MPVR, like it's ALREADY enhanced, i dunno, just sounds better to me. Also, the volume goes MUCH higher with the MPVR. ALSO (dont ya just love that word :-)) the repeat function is on EVERY song, so you have to turn it OFF of each individual song you don't want to play. Real pain in the "bottom." ALLLLSOOOOO, the tracks are not an ANY order. If you put 3 or 4 CDs on there, it will play track 1 of EACH CD , followed by track 2. This is fixed by turning repeat off of....about 30 songs. Not pleasant. The MPVR automatically lists the ENTIRE song title, and places it in the correct order (although it oddly gives certain songs an Unknown label...must be because they don't have ID3 information). That's not to say the 4500 is a terrible MP3 player, to some it's actually better , but not to me.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Something else I noticed, there is no fastforward or rewind buttons in the square that shows the timerwhen you playback either a .wav or a .mp3 which tells me it was never meant to have those functions. Not a big loss IMO.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:02 PM   #14

3FaCE,
Don't you know you're not allowed to disagree with a moderator? Just kidding.:-) Since the MPVR is supposed to be very much like the Digilife DDV-810, I assumed the MP3 player on the MPVR would be as limited as on the 810. If it has controls like you described, then it is a better MP3 player, and so may well be better than the DV4500's. My 4500 also made that whining noise.

All the hybrids I've had have listed the mp3's in alphabetical order, and none of them defaulted to repeating one song, although all could be set to do that.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:44 PM   #15

Yup, MPVR is DEFINATELY better. The titles can have 16 characters, compared to the 4500's 7 or so. It also lists full albums from first track to last which is infinetly better than the 4500 and it's 11111,22222,33333,44444 listing. :-) As long as you set the tags up correctly, the MPVR will organize your songs FOR YOU. Awesome feature. Now if only Shopathome would hurry the "heck" up with my exchange....getting impatient....I mean it's already BEEN 2 days, how long do they expect me to wait ???:-)

Although...I really can't put those 1 hour GTA radio stations on there because if I were to accidentally turn it off....no fast forward....and a LOOOONG wait to get back to the point I was at. But actually, it IS fairly hard to turn this thing off with the LCD screen flattened out. In fact...it's nearly impossible unless the battery runs out :G Seems I just contradicted myself....it's so hard NOT to love the MPVR!