Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:04 PM   #1

Per the instruction manual, the buttons on the lcd display of the unit allow one to FF and rewind through MP3's and video. I cannot get this to work for either of these formats. Does anyone know how to do this? This is particularly frustrating when you have an hour and a half movie and want to FF to a certain scene. All I can seem to do is start a video all over each time....no way to FF or rewind to a specific part.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rory
Rory76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2005, 7:13 AM   #2

welcme Rory.....................

I have the same problem as you. I just turned on my MPVR and I hit the play button. I see my video up. I click play again, I can fast foward and play, I can rewind and play..

that is for what I have filmed and not left my sd card......

Now I have made a movie from Windows movie maker, I may not have that option, as well as some other adding to the sd card? can that be your Problem?

1 added a vid and then try to fast foward????

2. made a windows movie file and try to fast foward?

The joystick or nav button will work as fast foward to, and only the asf file you filmed. its funny how one works and the other not.

hope I helped out somewhat . try it out see if a 30 sec clip you just filmedofthe camera and playback? Then try a win movie file ? the movie you just filmed will tell you it is working as well as mp3 song...
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:34 AM   #3

You're correct. When I record a movie using the MPVR, REW/FF function works fine. It's only when I import a video I have created using Muvee or Windows Movie Maker and then converted it into MPEG-4 that the unit is unable to FF/REW when viewing.

Oh well...BUT, I am not able to FF/REW through MP3's for some reason. Any reason for this?

Also, does anyone know of a lens cap I can purchase (through a store like Ritz Camera or somewhere) that will fit this gadget? I'm not sure where to go to find one, nor what size I would need.

BTW, I shot some video in my apt last night in low light conditions. The night mode doesn't work at all. Although it "lights up the room more", the bluriness it makes is definitely not worth it. Has anyone tried messing with the exposure levels (ie increasing them) to help compensate for the low light?

Thanks!
Rory76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:50 AM   #4

I had the cap from a chair bottom at a hardware store. . thee is no gripping power on the lens, it is already protected but further protection I agree. a case may bemore suitable.

mp3 should work fine, I never fooled around with it. as I just loaded again another song onl play lol sorry. no ffw or rwind bummer

may be it must be transfered with a codec (guessing)

now my motto or saying goes no light no video, that said. you'll need light on the subject or object you are filming if you have no light you get ?? ????? no video.

the still functions do not work for the video

so all those ep -2 +2 wb (white balance) they will not work in video. only night shot

andalso did you know you can do side by side picture, but not side by side movie? I can with software lol

Otherwise the camera does its job.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:18 PM   #5

No fast forward/rewind in MP3s? That's very strange because the DV4500 CAN FF/RW MP3s. I wonder why they would take out that function? Doesn't make much sense:?
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:05 PM   #6

same goes on he Is-Dv lol
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:18 PM   #7

By the way, how's the MP3 playback on the MPVR? The 4500 is pretty minimal, with repeat, 3D sound and Bass Boost. And that's about it. Oh and the titles are cut off after 6 letters. I would think with this GIANT 2.5 inch screen there wouldhave better titles right???

Man Thursday can't come quick enough!!! 2 MORE DAYS!!!! It's like Xmas part duex
!:-)
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:32 PM   #8

when you referre to the 4500 you are saying its an aiptek as well?

no bass no treble just bland mp3 with volume control.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:10 PM   #9

Yup, the Aiptek DV4500. That kinda sucks. It's sort of a step down from the 4500 in the MP3 department.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:52 AM   #10

aiptek is not perfecting the mp3 .

It's the second stabilizerr after the IS-dv

it's also the 1st designed pmp with av in/output

maybe the next step is adding the bass/treble.

but price will go up.

they did cut out the ,middle vid quality, and a 2 meg, 4meg still shot. and added 10 picture photo designs

you gotta give to get a little