Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 25, 2005, 1:01 PM   #1

Hi everybody. I'd like to watch TV shows and movies on my Digilife DDV-M1 but so far haven't had any luck converting movies for use on it. The movies I shoot with the camera itself look very sharp and clear on the LCD screen. However if I try to watch any other MPEG4 video on the camera the movies either end up very blocky, or they are very clear at the top half but unviewable on the bottom half. I've tried all sorts of settings with the DivX codec and have also tried ffmpeg and mencoder without any luck. I have a Mac and a PC, but most of my movies are on the Mac as I use this for high-end video processing. I've tried both Mac and PC applications to produce video for the DDV-M1 but haven't had success with either yet.

Has anybody successfully produced DDV-M1 compatible video?

greenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2005, 4:12 PM   #2

the file res is around 177x*** if it is 640x480 you need to convert it down.possably you are not correcting the size in the converter
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 10:15 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, greenie!

You've run into the same stumbling block I've been grappling with. The first step would be to use a video editor to take a look at the header information of the videos shot with your camera. Then you know what settings to use for the output of the movies to be produced to play on the camera.

Even after I have it exact, I still get random pixel blocks flickering around when I play the produced movie on the camera. Since that's unaccepatble, I've stopped trying to sort out the problem.

Others on the site claim to have figured this out, but either I misunderstood their advice, or what they did won't work on my hybrids.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:07 AM   #4

Aiptek works like a charm, the mpvr, the IS-DV and I believe my Musteks that do not allow vid may have the choppiness will have to try a test on that for sure

I use arcsoft.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote