Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 25, 2005, 9:32 PM   #1

HI, I'm new to this group, but I can see you guys seem to know a lot about hybrid digital cameras.I have been looking at several hybrid brands online at various sites,and I was at Steve's hybrid cameras list earlier.I sawthe digilife DDV-520 seemed to have the most for the least, but I don't know anything about hybrids.I have also seen something on the 7000 model, can anyone tell mewhat the latest modelsare, where I can buy them,or if there are better hybrids out there than Digilife? :?.

Thanks All !:|
jbjr2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2005, 9:57 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, jbjr2003!

The 520 is the best Digilife, but it won't be available for months. The best Digilife available right now is the 920. If you do a search on eBay for "pmp" and "camcorder", you'll find the sellers.

I imagine you'll hear from fishycomics, who is probably our best informed participant about other places and similar hybrids. My experience is that if you want better cameras than Digilife, you have to pay more, such as for the big brand names.

If you haven't checked it out, a good place to start research is the "Hybrid Cameras List", which is the first or second topic in this forum.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:43 AM   #3

thank you S..... Welcome aboard JBJr....................

1st sg answered the question to the T. hardest part is location most members leave blank, and that tells us you need to google, ebay or take advice

What hybrid is the best and how we determine them. it is not us my friend we own quite a few, we learn from our mistakes, and likings

we readthe threads and listen to our members, from the past site and the newer ones.

Please forgive me i I cannot remember members names here so many within the past month have joined.

1 Creative labs sounds like the Best camera so far to get for a few reasons, they claime it takes better low light shots and crisper vids

2. I say my mustek slaughters anything I own due to having a aluminum case, better display on a big tv etc

3 sgspirit loves his collection and the digilife is his winner

4. Oldhacer the Mustek dv9300 for the sophistication and video. due to his other down fall he purchased.

and the listcan go on, and on

We do not know anything of the 520 by digilife , I hope it does not look like a soda can style how will that fir in the pockets today, while others are gettin slimmer

samsung has optical. sanyo has optical, but lack quality in their ways

now where can we find these babies. I had a webpage it only told about the camera. and you must take the nale and search.

Newegg no longer sells most, digitically unique, lol back ordered and not trusted.but was the cheapest, tecktronics offered a 10% discount above their price nice jesture

and best person to wait apon digilifes is queen of glitter, they will be your only bet for now on some models

its a waiting game and the worst part is weget hurt trying to pick out a camera

if you never owned one anddo not wantdissappointments the digilife or creative is the choice.

BUT REMEMBER MY MOTTO low light , no video. THAT SAID you need light on the subject to get vid its a PC camera not a home movie camcorder

hope we helped out............mod FISHY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:36 PM   #4

knew I would get some good advice here. So as I understand it, the best hybrids are Creative (what model?), Mustek (what model?), and Digilife 520. Does anyone know anything about the Digilife M1 or V1? I went to digilife website and it looks like they are the latest ones. Thanks again guys, you're alot of help.
jbjr2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 2:49 AM   #5

crreative, mustek 9300 digilife v1

that order the 520 not out
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:06 PM   #6

Hi to all of you! happy new year!

I'm chris from the philippines. My parents gave me a DDV-660 for Christmas. Not really into techy stuff but for an amateur, I guess DDV-660 is quite OK.

=plays mp3

=video (saved as AVI file)

=pics (saved as JPEG file)

=voice recorder

(built-in memory of 16MB but uses a multi-media card), i believe to a max capacity of 1GB)

Unfortunately, DDV-660 is manufactured in China, and there aren't any websites available for more info regarding the product or if there other people who actually bought that (my friend has an Aiptek, forgot the model).... Though i think mine's better (and for a gift, I sure am lucky!) hehehehe

to moderators of this MB, keep up the good work. Found lots of helpful info here:lol:

cool_dex is offline   Reply With Quote