Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:37 AM   #11

Alvin_ws:

I just got researching the Creative Site. Indeed the Creative has the same specs as the Korean model (Nextier NXV-406). So I'd have to say that the Creative=Hanshing.

Good eye too.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:23 AM   #12

Chuckie . if I am invited I'll pick up a Hybrid as my welcoming gift to you? I am so Jealous , and the las Survivor was Awesome but its al entertainment. I do hope you grab some vid footage for me and Personaly email me with Palau footage.

even if you have to write "Mod FISHY in the sand was here"

YThank you for the compliments.

that whats keep meticking the ybrid Lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:23 PM   #13

What camera you used to shot this movie it looked amazing. I am considering to get SANYO Xacti C6 but now I that see your video....I really cant decide.

remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:13 PM   #14

Remi. this topic is all about the new ccd camera found by Chuckie.

as the topic was being commented on, some where down the post, the person asks the sales rep and Chuckie who is within range to call the company or via email. asked the supplier to send a sample vid out.

Well that vid was just an office shot. I decided to place my Vid up as good humor and show what the person should realy post to a customer if they want t osell their product. And that video is of the Aiptek Mpvr, and ofcourse the last part where you see the truck walk up the staires is a olympus 2 meg camera software by Win movie maker with modified transistions.

Sure looked like a winner.
It is rc fun hope that answered your questions. as putfile lowers the rate by some, the file was @ 4o meg down to 10 plus meg streaming wmv lol

so not to steer you off topic. thank you. mod FISHY

Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:16 AM   #15

Yep fishy I have windows movie maker on my computer ver. 1. somethin. I would have to download xp service pack 2 in orderto get ver. 2.1 not sure if I want to do that. Can Iuse my version with the add ons you are talking about? If not maybe I'll bite the bullet and download sp2 and hope it doesn't screw up mynew computer like it did my older one. Or if you know of another video editing software thats free or I might be able to find on limewire or a torrent search I'd be will to try that too. Thanks! (I'll send your first check for $100.00 tommorow LOL!!)
Excel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:10 AM   #16

Fishy (and to all):

Keep your fingers crossed for video from Palau.

I got the Nextier NXV-406/Creative 428/Han Shing HS-DV406 (telefunkin U47) today. Cam, 2 batteries and 1 Gb of Toshiba fast SD for a little under 240USD.

The box is small 16x13.5x10 cm (divide by 2.5 to get inches). It's also accompanied by the adapter box; I got the Asian persuasion, but you can get the N. American if desired, or use an adapter plug. The Adapter box is 9x9.5x4.5cm (same math applies as above for metric to standard conversion). It's all amazingly light weight and doubt it weighs more than a pound (divide by 2.5 to get Kg you metric guys; gotta be fair to everyone here).

The package includes:

cam-it's plastic, I hear something shaking when I shake it. The lens is recessed around 0.5cm

lithium 1000mAh, 3.7V battery. Elementech LB4011, Made in China by Harbin (can you say, "Don't drink the water", Coslight Power Co. Ltd.

AC adapter

USB/TV-out cable (micro-USB one end, normal USB and yellow DIN for connecting to the TV at the other end). Hmm, one cable to transfer data between the cam and computer as well as to the Brain-dead box; conservation of energy, I like that.

software CD -VideoWorks 6, Mr. Photo 3 and XVid drivers for the puter

user manual-Korean and English

Audio Cable-one jack out, red and white DIN in; normal stuff here

earphones-with 'stereo' written on them; eww

carry pouch-designed to carry the cam upright, an open, slide-in pouch in the front of the case to slide in your mem. sticks but be careful as there's nothing to keep the sticks from fallin' out (ouch). As well, the cam fits in the carry pouch very well but is not completely covered (the top portion of the video lens recess is ever so slightly exposed) by the side/lid comination. Nothin's perfect, but Hybrid minds want to know. The belt strap is double-line sewn with 1mm synthetic cord without a snap for quick undo's. The material of the pouch is heavy duty, sythetic canvas with a 'fuzzy' interior that is single-stitched with far thinner thread (maybe 1/2 mm). I'm skeptical of the life of the pouch given the flimsy sewing on the outer extremities. But hey, let's face it, finding a pouch to fit your beauty won't be easy so what you get you want to have some muscle; or just get a lumberjack shirt and chill out cause it ain't that important anyways.

wrist strap

charger-really light, made from plastic. Big light in the front signifying charged/not-charged. The adapter plug fits snugly into the charger. I like this as there's nothing worse than a loose connection. Something of interest is that there are metal, spring-loaded retention guides that hold the battery in place while charging. I like this as the unit still charges if tipped over.

OK. It took about 40 minutes or so to charge the battery from dead; pretty good.

As for the cam here are some initial impressions:

The first thing I noticed was that the LCD arm doesn't pivot out completelyto 90 degrees on the first attempt. A little use should fix this and it appears as though it will. This is annoying as I feel it should be all or nothing, with a positive stop at 90 degrees. It pivots from 90 degrees up to around back, to full front=270 degrees.

The USB port in the front is covered by an easily removable rubber piece that's held in place by an expanded piece of rubber extruding from the covering flap into a hole in the cam. Break the extruded piece of rubber and no more USB cover. No biggy since the headphone jack (which is just below) doesn't have a cover at all so Duct Tape to the rescue. I don't like the open jack; sand andwater love to get in these places. The rubber does give a nice place to hold your finger against when gripping to take a pic though.

The but piece of metal that is next in line outwardly from the lens is not cut symmetrically. It is roughly round and not lined up on centre with the aperture. Lack of workmanship quality here. We'll see how it pans out with the pix later though.

Shutter release is on the front, to the upper left of the flash. This could cause your finger to block out the flash. In fact, the manual gives a caution about this.

Zoom is mounted on the right, upper portion where it makes it hard to control. It's in a position where you'd have to use your index finger, but it's awkward as it'splastic and somewhat slippery. To zoom in you have to press upward. I'll have to use my finger nail if I want to get solid results every time.

There's no stabiliazation.

So far that's it. I'll keep you all informed.

Later.

Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:05 PM   #17

Chuckie good going a zip lock fixes the sand . and hope your trip is Priceless.

Excell. no need for upgrading wmm1 is fine.

you may search for a forum called windows movie makerforum its there.

poppajohn.org is anothe site as wel you may find usefull and more.

how to get the extra effects. you need to go into my computer c:/programs/moviemaker/shared/addons

go to c: go to programs go to so on .......

now you see a few files some are xml now you go to start accessories and notepad open it , and you go to the page where a person did a transistion and it looks like fig 1 below..

copy select paiste and save to addon. and name it for example my logo.xml

you'll see the file saved there. then open win movie maker and look in the transaction its will b there. if you need more help to figure these out . allow me some time to make a topic up. will not be now.. thanx

fig 1

<TransitionsAndEffects Version="1.0">
<Titles>
<TitleDLL guid="{353359C1-39E1-491b-9951-464FD8AB071C}">
<Title name="Windo........................
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:28 PM   #18

To all:

Happy New Year from Seoul.

Fishy:

I'll be sure to get some footage specifically for you from Palau.

I'm sending a video of some low light conditions using the cam. I had it set to florescent and +1.6 or +2.0 EV.

Won't be talking for a while; gotta go to the hospital to get a tune-up. I wish I could take some pictures there.

Take care all.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 7:23 AM   #19

Chuckie your health is more important to us take care and hope all works out . thank you and Happy NEW YEAR as well. just hide the camera , says nothing about flash photography , just cell phones. due to the hospitol losing out on their services lol . GET WELL SOON. Mod FISHY
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:05 AM   #20

Hi All:

Happy New year. All is well in Seoul, and the body.

I'll be getting to work on more testing soon.