Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:10 AM   #1

Here's a new hybrid out of Korea:

http://wsnx.co.kr/new/product/camera_9.htm

You can figure out some of the stuff yourselves but here are some extras:

4X digital zoom

4megapix stretches to 8megapix.

As I've said, you can pretty much figure out the rest. The above values would have been hard to extrapolate as the Korean number system is a tad different from the English-adopted system.

The price?

http://naver2.maxmarket.co.kr/pub/ma...p;iCode=242732

That's a bit under 280USD and you get the 1Gig Sandisk memory.

One thing to remember: we pay a lot extra over here for what you're getting dirt cheap. If you want to do a little comparison shopping go here:

http://naver2.maxmarket.co.kr/pub/ma...st&cID=234

Ultimately, we pay more for something that's built in Korea (living here) than I would if I bought the same item in Canada. I'm an economist and I've yet to figure that one out.

I'm considering getting this model despite it being a first run. I can also get the Aiptek HDDV 8300 for under 300USD and it's got some extra goodies that come with it, so I'm in something of a quandry.

http://dnshop.daum.net/html/event/ev...C2020000_04_01 (this page will self-destruct as it's a sale)

Any help would be appreciated.

Later.

chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:08 PM   #2

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Have you looked at the hanshing, and Dxg they look pritty close[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:14 PM   #3

It look like Creative Divi Cam 428.
alvin_ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:26 PM   #4

Good call Fishy. It indeed does look VERY similar to the Hanshing.

So, it's probablethat some cat is importing them into Korea and jacking the prices or that a substantial tariff exists. Over in N. America therecould be a lower tariff rate or that people are willing to exist on a lower profit margin.

The short of it is that nothing is new; only repackaged. One thing though; the design is quite different from the normal Aiptek design, I wonder if the Koreans designed the 8300 and had the Taiwanese make it. This might explain why the details page is different on the Aiptek site.

I wish someone would do a write-up on the Aiptek 8300. The Korean 'styled' version is on sale with the 4Gb Hitachi microdrive, Canon 1600 photo printer and carry case for just under 300USD. Assuming the printer to be worth 50USD and the microdrive at 130USD puts the price of the8300 at 130USD.

I'm going to give the local yocal a ring and see what he's got to say for himself and the product.

Best wishes to all.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:47 AM   #5

Chuckie..

Its just I have been around to know what these hybrids resembles.

Old Dec 28, 2005, 4:58 AM   #6

Fishy.

I hear yah.

I talked with the office in Seoul today about the Nextier/Han Shing HS-DV406. They sent some pix and a video. Hehe, they don't have much in the way of selling prowess 'cause the video they sent was a quick pan in an office room. You could really see the quickness (or lack thereof) of the light change as the cam adjusted to varying intensities. I'm attaching the video (one great thing about S. Korea, we're wired; no one has under ADSL, including the hermits on the tops of the mountains). On another note is that apparently Han Shing is using the Sony CCD for their gadget-hmm.

They quoted a price of a little under 160USD for the unit + 70USD for 1GB and 10USD for an extra battery.

On another note. I called the boys who are peddling the Aiptek HDDV 6800 lookalike. They're trying to clear out their stock as it seems the new models are coming at the end of January. I suggested that it would be nice if they came out with an optical zoom model. The fellow said, "Maybe", which means 'probably not' in Korean. So I don't think I'd get my hopes up too high for anything optical from Aiptek.

I'm going to keep digging. I'm a little picky when it comes to buying gadgets so I'll keep everyone up to speed. One thing about S. Korea, they love their toys. They go thru them like crazy. So if there's something new it'll be here soon.

Have a good one everyone.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:03 AM   #7

Chuckie Please forgive me if I am wrong. Malaysia is in, near or totally by far off lol. I got a part from over there and yes . still had money to take out a big family to dinner and movies Lol. So I understand, what you are saying

If Aiptek wants to be top seller they better get a optical hybrid out. I no longer am going to invest in one for now.

The Ispan 520 may be on my list if its the right price?????????????

Now. if I were going to sell my camera i would send out a vid Like this

http://media.putfile.com/Movie_00019968this is a vid what the aiptek mpv can do, and with the right software , there are no boundries its Priceless. price will be***** if interested let us know??

With my luck, I would trust the person, for showing the vid, he or she may have wanted you to see the down side, rather the better side . and one who owns the camera or cameras , thanx for the great insight..

Lookingfoward to the topics
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:31 PM   #8

Wow cool video Fishy. Did you do that with the software that comes with the Aiptek? I haven't even loaded the software in the computer yet. I really want to learn how to make videos like that of me and my buddies on our quads now that I got the MPVR. Is the aiptek software any good? easy to learn? If not what program do you recommend getting? BTW I ended up giving my daughter my MPVR for christmas since shop at home screwed up and cancelled my order for her 5900 3 days before christmas so now I'm looking to get myself the next best hybrid when it comes out.
Excel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:45 AM   #9

Excell. you are going to have to pay me a visit to learn lessons start at 100.00 per hour lol (kidding)

1. your pc does it have windows movie maker?

if it has yiu will need to load up some extra files which are easy iwill explain apon a reply

2 I believe the video works can do a lot more but w/o that special stuff you seen of ?????

So if you want some learning I will try to add it in the software section.

do take a look in there alot of members overlook that area and it may show you a start how to make a vid..........
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:15 AM   #10

Fishy:

Yep, Malaysia is close; 4 hours from Seoul and the Korean airlines don't skimp on the beverages at ANY time of the day:G.

Another great thing about being over here is thatyou can get to any of the exotics easily. I'm going to Palau (the last Survivor series)for a 2-weeker and it's costing 1000USD for air; not too bad. That's why I'm looking heavily for a hybrid.

I talked with the local Digilife/Ispan importer today. He's selling the M1 for a tad under 170USD. He says he's making around 10USD on them. This would imply the sellers on Ebay are making at least 20/160=.125= 12.5% depending on a bunch of overhead variables.

I also asked about the DDV-520. He hadn't heard of it but says he'll keep me in the loop. From the sounds of it the new models will be arriving late January/February. With my luck (or lack of patience), the models will arrive just after I book out for my trip. Anyone wanna Fedex their hybrid to me for a trial run on a deserted island?

Regarding your video. I concur with excell22; nasty good!

Keep your sticks on the ice all; hmm, that's probably why we buy hybrids. O.K. Forget that last statement.