Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:54 PM   #1

Is there a Hybrid out there that totally blows the MPVR out of the water? After all the research I've done (mainly this site--thanks guys) I've come to the conclusion that the MPVR is the BEST Hybrid there is at this moment. Sure, the Aiptek 8800 has the 10 Megapixel interpolated resolution and a 15 band MP3 equalizer, but that's the only difference between it and the 6800 (MPVR). Not a worthy upgrade IMO.

SO, in your opinion(s), is there a hybrid out there right now that offers better functionality and more features thanthe MPVR? The answer better be no....OR ELSE! :-)
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:16 PM   #2

I would say that it is. I got 1 of my brothers the MPVR for christmas, and I got my other brother the Vivitek Dragon from shopnbc.com. The Vivitek, according to shopnbc.com, has a CCD imager. The MPVR a CMOS sensor. People here say that the CCD imager is better in low light compared to a CMOS.

We compared the two, and the MPVR blows the Vivitek out of the water. It does so much better in low light than the Vivitek. Stills are much better as well. The Vivitek has a very noisy picture. After researching some more, the vivitek dragon is a rebadged digilife DDV-M1. If I had known that before I ordered them, I wouldn't have ordered the viviteks and would have gotten some more MPVRs.

Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote