Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 31, 2005, 1:05 PM   #21

make sure the lettering is not the opposite way of the orginal lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 2:34 PM   #22

LOL I did...oh and great news, it finished charging in ~ 1 hour 20 minutes. Surprisingly fast. My Aiptek 8210 850mAh battery charged for 3 hours 30 minutes on it's first charge. So now I have a quicky battery...and a sloweee. :-)
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 2:37 PM   #23

question

1 could it have had a charge in it already?

2 andwe'll know after you drained later?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 5:18 PM   #24

ANSWERS!!!!! (thanks to fishy for supplying the questions)

1. I read somewhere that most li-ion batteries are half charged from the start. So that's a possibility.

2. yes, yes we will:-)
Old Dec 31, 2005, 5:58 PM   #25

HOLY CRAP! I just converted a 720p 15 minute clip with the included software and it looks INCREDIBLE on my 19 inch TV. From about 7 feet away, it looks BETTER than it does when I play it on my PC. Simply AMAZING! :G:G:G Getting close, you notice the pixelation, but from a distance, it's like magic, it just disappears!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:06 PM   #26

OK back to the new 8210 EBAY battery I got for .99 (can't say that enough, such a great deal). It fits a TAD bit tighter than the Aiptek battery, but then again the Aiptek battery is a little loose. This one fits very snugly, it's actually a nicer fit.

I currently have the MPVR hooked up to my TV via the Video OUT cable. I just watched an hour of footage on this screen, haven't turned it off or anything. 2 bars. After 1 HOUR of playback nonstop :O:O:O. Not sure how it compares to the Aiptek, haven't tested the Aiptek battery like this one.

MINI UPDATE!!!

OK battery just died after 2 hours and 20 minutes of direct connection to my TV playing back videos, recording a tiny bit and listening to some MP3s. All done while mounted on a tripod, to make remote controlling MUCH easier :G

Overall, NOT BAD, for a .99 battery. Now if it charges quicker, it'll be the perfect companion to my slower charging yet longer lasting (by roughly an hour) Aiptek battery.

Also, these things are so small, I could by 5 for ~$5 + shipping and have 10 freaking hours of BATTERY LIFE! Of course, I'd also have to get another charger, but that's ...another $20...:O
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:14 PM   #27

And no screen not 2 forget, the tft lcd screen draws juice so do not forget to add your defects in as well 3face?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:24 PM   #28

Yes no LCD screen, it died (most likely defective). But it's sending the image that would go ON the LCD screen TO the TV. And the TV is bigger, so I would think it requires even MORE battery power. Anyway 1 hour 25 minutes in, and down to 1 bar. But 1 bar can last a LOOOONG time with this camera, so we'll see.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:50 PM   #29

that is one thing Aiptek needs working on is to not hav a high low light adjustment, but a on/off feature for the lcd screen

one reason why i luv the musteks
Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:51 PM   #30

I've got a question for you fishy. SOMEHOW I managed to record most of New Years without the LCD, and I got some fairly decent vids/pics. BUT, I was using the new 3.6v 830mAh 8210 .99 EBAY battery I got. Today when I turn the camera on, the LCD comes on, but nothing else. No icons, can't access the menu's, and then it freezes. My question is, could this be caused by the .1 voltage difference or the mAh difference or a combination of the two? Or is my camera defective (i'm hoping that's the case:O)