Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:28 PM   #61

Geuss what it states that info on the box ha ha ha but I returned the new box

my aiptek batter on charge since yesterday 2pm 23 hours on it and cool to the touch
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:32 PM   #62

Whoa there Fishy! That's a bit EXTREME! I read somewhere that you really only need to let it trickle charge 1-4 hours (total of ~6 hours first charge forme)at first and after that amount of time the battery reaches 100% charge...anything more it's not charging AT ALL :blah::G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:57 PM   #63

thats right it has no trickle charge lol. 3.5 hours is the charging limit. so my battery is in standby mode
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:43 PM   #64

NO, WROOOONG! :G

The Li-Ion batteries upon first charge of only 3.5 hours would only reach 80% capacity. To go from 80-100% you have to let it trickle charge for between 1-4 hours. Otherwise your battery will never reach its full potential.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:15 PM   #65

so lets say this. I place two thin coper wires, and tape to th cahrger leads, and have drapped out, place an ohms meter on them. get a reading of XX vdc, and after its green get a reading on it as well

then what happs if i do not get voltage the charger is just lit green right?

but if i get some voltage its trickeling
Old Jan 28, 2006, 8:12 PM   #66

UPDATE!!!! Yet ANOTHER EXCELLENT Machro shot of MaxXximo CAESAR. This time I took him hiking and here he is resting.

Heh, now thatI look at it, it isn't REEEEALLY perfect. He was movin his head whenI took it and you can seethe blurrrr on his nose because of it. ALSOthis is6MP, I can zoom in 300%(pic you see is 25%) andseeALLLL THE DETAIL on those leaves. It was shoton aVERY bright sunny day with SUNNYlighting selected. Turnedout great if you ask me

Old Jan 29, 2006, 11:04 AM   #67

Machro shots only added features were size reduction and texting with a highlighted border what makes a nice (never said perfect) shot is a tripod used.

you may notice some blurr but i cannot imagine on the closer one it was clearer but my imagination and its stained glass.

sorry bout the large file size

2 feet away

1 foot away

Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:47 PM   #68

uh oh. My machro shots aren't so detailed anymore. I think it MAY be because of some smudges on the lens. MAAAAAAAAAAYBE, its POSSIBLE:-)

So are there any cheap, good lens cleaners out there? Or if not, how should I clean the lens with everyday materials. Would a que tip work or no?

HEHEEE, false alarm, just got a close up machro of me and...well it looks...pretty darn ugly lol, but DETAILED. So

I'm surprised because the lens is quite dirty, with fingerprint and some smearing

Still like to know how to clean it though.

UPDATE!!!!

I read that breathing heavilyon the lens and wiping away with aque tip is a good method. But I'm scared. Petrified really :O Someone try it and see if it scratches the lens or something

Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:02 PM   #69

You can buy a lense cleaning kit at any walmart. Eyeglass cleaner sprays are good to. The que tip may work, but make sure your not smearing any grit around. Pure cotton is generally OK.

On a side note, are you young or just really exuberant? (the answer is neither negative or positive)
mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:16 PM   #70

there are lens cleaners on the market specially paper. and If I remember correctly, you can use the paper as a filter for high glare sun shots. that was told to me in the 70's