Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:18 PM   #11

The package looks nearly identical to the one you photographed in your review. Doesn't say webcam as a feature. I just set it to camera, opened the DV 4500 webcam software and whaddaya know? It works! AND it's much better quality than my 4500 (of course).
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:02 PM   #12

I have the 5300 software as well but nodda ha ha ha you win the noble prize of the internet year
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:15 PM   #13

I'll take that as a compliment...I think...........:?:roll::shock::sad::O:-):-):-):-)

And I've got a question for you fishy. Whenever I convert a video (.wmv or .avi) using the converter that came with the camera, I can't seem to copy it to my MPVR. I see the windows copy screen pop up and the time to copy is just WAAAAY too long. For a 2 minute clip, it says 8 MINUTES (should take about 5 seconds). That makes no sense :?. SO, I removed my 1 gig card, thinking it was at fault and guess what? Same time to copy to the internal memory too. I have the converterset to recommended settings, and I've even changed them all. No luck. What's going on here? How long does it take you to put your movies onto your MPVR? :?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:13 PM   #14

takes me not long, wanna trade(just kidding)

1 you understand how to convert? yes, no?

you need to take a file how long that movie you saw 3 min's

2 min 15 seconds it converted @ 26 plus meg wmv with titles etc

Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:42 PM   #15

Let me think about it...

:roll::O:?:idea:

:idea:

:?:?:?

After months of careful research, I have come to a conclusion.

No deal.

LOL but yea it's so weird, I have converted videos for my DV 4500 (even though it's NOT a media player, it CAN play media...although extremely poorly). And I put a full 200MB file onto it in around 2 minutes. This uses the same codec right? So I should be able to convert with any video editing software because I think it may be this media converter. If I knew the exact codecs to use and the bitrate, etc. I'm thinking it would load faster. There's just no way a 2 minute, 20MB clip should take over 10 minutes to load onto a 60x card. :shock::O:evil:

Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:54 PM   #16

1 arc converter should be directed to the pc first, and that is what I have done 20 megs 3 minutes

then to the sd card?

you are going directly to the card?

It sems you got it under control. but arc will comprress or do its jobat its speed not yours.

I believe i tried loading a bigger file over 200 mb and it taken close to 30 minutes to compress , then 2 minutes or less to transfer

Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:18 PM   #17

fishy ... I thought that video was good; I hope camera shoots that well. I haven't put it through that much testing yet. Do you use the stabilizer turned on?

I hope we are talking about the same camera. Mine has the title"MVPR" on the plastic box as well as saying2K6. States 6meg, and up to 2 gig SD/MMC card. Mine looks just like the package/camera in your review titled: "Aiptek MPVR 2K6 (DV6800) DIGITAL CAMCORDER", although mine did not come with a tripod.

I'm concerned mine isn't acting up to par compared with what I saw on your video. The panning you show is nice and smooth. As I pan around, the frames get jerky. I am using a 50x high speed 1gig SD card.

I need to do some more testing with mine.

ecarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:20 PM   #18

Yes it SHOULD load at the speed of the SD card. I just got an error message. Error: The path is too deep. WTF does that mean?! Oh and yea I convert directly to desktop and then copy onto the card. There's no reason it SHOULDN'T work. I think it's Aiptek. They just don't like me because I...bought...their..........product............... .....yea. :-)

By GEORGE I think I've GOT IT! (I think that's how it goes...)

EUREKA! (yes I just quoted Einstein, so sue me_

:idea:

All I have to do is, convert the video, move the 1 gig card from the MPVR TOO the 4500 and connect IT to the PC. THEN I simply copy the file onto the card, takes about 5 minutes to fill a gig that way!!

SUCCESS!!! I just loaded a full DVD movie onto the card at 650MB in 3 minutes!!!! From there I removed the 1 gig and put it back into the MPVR and guess what??

Are you guessing? Good.

IT PLAYED FLAWLESSLY!!! :-):-):-):-):-):G:-):-):|

I also have a theory about fast forwarding MP3s...maybe if you convert them to .wav and play them in the .wav section of the MPVR you'll be able to fast forward/rewind them. Just a theory.

Don't call meEinstein. Because I'm about to OWN him! :-)
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:01 PM   #19

Ecarmody , Sorry I dod not mention the features.All functions are off. I used no stabilizer, no night mode, no ep or wb ( they are for stills only, and you only see the preview change not the video), It is a steady hand , the tripod is not used unless we are talking about a different video

1 the vid with the RC truck tripod

the Vid with the night shot situation by hand. and in car shaky

I have different vids so you may have to give a lil description next time thanx

3 face ow I know how you got your name lol just kidding. yep its aiptek they are in the machine like gremlins camera works fine till you are at the peak of happiness then BAM!

you can play a movie , anything , anything you name it. you can not convert the file and possably it will play you can expeirment in all ways and you may find neat tricks . but if you want to know this.

you film a movie and its 2 hours long it will play only on the 1 gig card if it is at low res . and no more can be loaded due to a full card. that is what the conversion pkg is for

go to WMM (windows movie maker) load it up and save it as a pocket pc smallest file, then arc convert. se the file go from 1 gig to 60 meg . something like that. now go film another movie and you can have more then 3 2 hour clips if your battery can play that long. lol

Dam I gave a traite secret out.

ecarmody wrote:
Quote:
fishy ... I thought that video was good; I hope camera shoots that well. I haven't put it through that much testing yet. Do you use the stabilizer turned on?

I hope we are talking about the same camera. Mine has the title"MVPR" on the plastic box as well as saying2K6. States 6meg, and up to 2 gig SD/MMC card. Mine looks just like the package/camera in your review titled: "Aiptek MPVR 2K6 (DV6800) DIGITAL CAMCORDER", although mine did not come with a tripod.

I'm concerned mine isn't acting up to par compared with what I saw on your video. The panning you show is nice and smooth. As I pan around, the frames get jerky. I am using a 50x high speed 1gig SD card.

I need to do some more testing with mine.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:23 PM   #20

Yea fishy...but compression = ARTIFACTS :-) and artifacts are BAD mmmkaaaaaaaay. That and I'm one LAZY MOTHER ...FRUITER! There I did your job for you mod. :G

Althought...maybe I should. NAAAA,i THINK I'll just...whoa italics what the hell did I do...anyway I think I'll just buy myself another gig and use it exclusively for filming while using my current gig for all the other media. And because they're so cheap, I might just get 3! And because I'M so cheap I might not...:-)

:-):O:?

3FaCE