Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:09 PM   #1

Hello,

New to the board. I tried the search function but wasn't able to find info. I'm trying to use my Ispan ddv910 as a webcam but don't seem to have the correct drivers for the camera. I have the cd that came with the camera and I've tried to download the drivers from the Ispan site. No luck. The camera is hooked up to my computer via the USB and is in webcam mode and Windows XP won't recognize it. Thanks,

RJ:?
rabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2005, 7:13 PM   #2

Did you load all the software on the CD on to your PC? There is a DIVX codec that is not part of Windows XP and is needed.

What webcam application are you trying to run? I've don't need a webcam, but I can capture into Video Studio.

Are you sure you are in WEBCAM mode and not MASS STORAGE mode? If the red led is on, you are in the wrong mode. Press the REC/PLAY button. The red led should go out and the green led come on.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:07 PM   #3

I'm definitely in Webcam mode with the green light. I can communicate with the camera in other modes as a storage device.

I am trying to use the camera with msn messenger. I loaded all the drivers not the software for video editing.

I wasn't interested in the Ulead video editing package.

RJ
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:13 PM   #4

I have stopped using my webcam features for awhile, msn may be tricky at times not the camera as well as yahoo.

1 are you using the latest msn software?

in MSN

go to web cam settings and you get a blue screen, and the browse by the cameradriver or setting is not highlighted something like that. then you and I are on the same problem. I went to aud and vid setting and now I am going to follw the steps

the 1st test is your speaker , the next is the mic the third is the vid and you must make sure it is notthe caption cards . but your camera driver
once you click your driver the camera will pop in

this is loaded in the file view etc section under options, go down to you see web setting and vid aud setting click vid aud setting

hope that helps out i just got it up and working. a simple overlook
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:42 PM   #5

Yep, tried that too. The msn tools can't detect the camera. When I go into the windows control panel/system and into device manager, it says there is a problem with the USB device. Tried loading the drivers from several locations and windows always says that it can't find the drivers for my device and fails to load it as a webcam.

MSN is freshly downloaded today from their site version 7.0 I think.

I thought there might be some drivers elsewhere on the web for the webcam feature.

I have a logitech webcam that is working fine although there seems to be other issues with feedback when on video conferenceing.

I wanted to use the Ispan on my wife's computer so that we could communicate while I'm at work.

Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:54 PM   #6

that is the screen I am referring to. you

Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:30 AM   #7

The Ispan camera doesn't show up in the list on that screen. Unfortunately windows will not recognize the camera(in webcam mode)when plugged into the USB port.

It keeps telling me that the drivers are non existant even on the supplied software.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 2:56 AM   #8

look at http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
isikayhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 3:13 AM   #9

You probably installed driver while camera is plugged on usb port. First uninstall the driver. Then, do followingsteps carefully:

Very important: DON'T PLUGCAMERA ON USB PORT,UNTIL FINISHING DRIVER INSTALLATION!

􀂋 Installing the Digital Camera Driver
Before connecting this camera to a computer for the first time, you should install a driver on the
computer. The driver is on the CD-ROM disc provided in the package. To install the driver:
1. Insert the CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM drive. The autorun screen will
appear.
2. Click "Install Device Driver". Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the
installation. Depending on your operating system, you may have to restart your
computer after installing the driver.

􀂋 Connecting Your Camera to a Computer
You can transfer pictures, movies or voice recordings stored on your camera to a computer
and send them in emails to friends or post them on websites. To do this you should:
1. Install the camera driver on your computer.
2. Connect the computer and camera with the supplied mini USB 2.0 cable.
3. Default mode is Mass Storage Mode when the camera connects to PC
4. Transfer pictures or movies or MP3 or voice recordings

􀂋 Mass Storage Device Mode
The RED LED will light up when the camera is connected to the computer. Movies,
pictures and voice recordings can be found on your computer at "My
Computer\Removable Disk\DCIM\". Under this mode, you can read, delete, move, or copy
any movie/picture/voice recording you want. Use the bundled Ulead application software
to edit the movies or pictures.

􀂋 PC Camera Mode
When in Mass Storage Device Mode, press REC/PLAY Button to switch to PC Camera
Mode and the GREEN LED will light up. Under this mode, you can implement live video
conference meetings or use video email over the Internet.
isikayhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:51 AM   #10

ISik........... thank you for the tips.

mustek is the same you need to trick the pc by software first, then plug camer and then hit on and try all possable rotations, till it goes.