Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 1, 2006, 7:21 AM   #1

1-01-06

Staples 44.95 for a 1 gig sd card

CompUsa 49.99 for a 1 gig card

24-19.00 for a 512 sd card also can be had.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:22 PM   #2

Sure, they might have a $50 SD card...but at what SPEED? I'm guessing they don't say because they know if they did noone would buy them. For these new high tech hybrids (M.P.V.R. :-)) your going to want at least 50x. Newegg.com has a bunch for only $10 more (1gig at $60).
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:52 PM   #3

The latest Digilife's are rated at 1.8Mbps at top video quality. That's about 12x, if I remember correctly. So even a 24x card should be better than needed.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:10 PM   #4

Yea...for RECORDING you don't need it. But for COPYING all the recorded material/MP3s too and from your SD card, the speed REALLY helps. Especially if your in a hurry :G.

Just to give you an idea, I can unload an entire gigabyte in around 5 minutes. I have a 60x card. Envy me:-).

Oh and your right on the money, 150kbps = 1x. 150x12 = 1800 or 1.8MBPS. NOW, say you have that card, and it holds 1 gig. I'm guessing it will unload that gig full of material in...approximately 3 days :G....lol actually more like 15 minutes, which is a LOOOONG time to wait if you really gotta get a good pic/vid and you have no backup card...and you like every single piece of material on your 1 gig. No, that's not me, I'm referring to some...other...guy..........:?
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote