Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:02 PM   #1

Yes, I'm about to purchase the Aiptek MPVR any day now, so excited!

Question, to anyone who might know, on my Laptop computer i have Windows Media Player, the Media files that i've downloaded toWindows Media Playercan those files be Transferred or downloadedto the Aiptek and be viewed?

ttaakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:57 AM   #2

Windows media files are in .WMA format, which is NOT supported by the MPVR. But all you have to do is download a music converter and BAM, you have .mp3's playable on the MPVR.

Also, Congratulations on your PRE purchase of the MPVR! Your gonna LOVE this thing...that is if you like cameras...and MP3 players...and Digital Video Recorders...andweb cams....and...yea i think that's it!:-)
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:52 AM   #3

TTaakk, First Welcome aboard, and congrads on your Choice if you go this way to order A hybrid.

1. Windows media player;

The Wmp opens on the laptop, and creates a folder and name for these files, songs etc.. Al you have to do, is go to that folder and open it up.

Then you go to the MPVR and do the same, there are steps on how to create folder in the MPVR and they are simple2 or 3 step proceedure. You turn camera on, go to mp3 in the camera and press enter. that is it. if you do not create a folder that is named mp3 by the camer then you willnot be able to play any song, also goes for a video as well, same thing you just snap a shot a few secs long. Must be repeated if yu decide to Delete th sd card totally.

back to loading a WMsong:

once you opened the camera on the Lpatop,pc ,etc you open the mp3 folder and you drag all the songs you like directly into the folder, or copy , paiste , no conversion at all.

you are finished and ready to play.

hope that answers your question in detail. wma is already converted when you ripped it to windows media.

ttaakk wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I'm about to purchase the Aiptek MPVR any day now, so excited!

Question, to anyone who might know, on my Laptop computer i have Windows Media Player, the Media files that i've downloaded toWindows Media Playercan those files be Transferred or downloadedto the Aiptek and be viewed?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:13 PM   #4

fishy...your MPVR sounds........fishy lol :blah:

Mine has botha DCIM/100MEDIA folder for all the clips/pics/dvr recordings/converted movies and a MP3 folder for .mp3 files ONLY. This means you must convert any other format into .mp3 before it will play on the MPVR. Now, maybe yours is different, maybe just MAYBE (but not likely:blah yours CAN play .wma. Am I right or am I right?!:G
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:02 PM   #5

Well I have answered the question int he wee hours of waking up. I do appologise for my misshapp.

wma cannot be had on the mpvr. what was I thinking. I must have converted it some other way then. I will have to view my how to software, and may be my answer lied there to begin with. you won this topic:|
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:06 PM   #6

isss ok, i jouest woked up tooa for todasy.

:-)

I've never won anything before, I feel so special! :G

And for the record, no .wma on the MPVR. Only .wav and .mp3.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:09 PM   #7

http://media.putfile.com/mpvrmp3

well what I have done at the very beginning of my review, which I thought was an windows media file (lol) was an mp3, and just wished . microsoft, win player shows a different way to display a wma, and a mp3. so yep you won your camera Lol