Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:17 PM   #1

I don't have any details yet, it was just announcedat CESby Samsung, it's a 6 mega-pixels 6-in-1 with 10x optical zoom :G. Hope we find more info soon.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:55 PM   #2

Looks very similar to the MPVR...hmmmmmmmmm :-)

But 10x optical zoom :O

That's craziness! I bet it's gonna cost 2 arms and a leg though!:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:43 PM   #3

Cal. awsome looking machinery. glad you visited back with nice find.

the miniket was a hit,

do you think this is the same type deal going price range wil be around 500 again. I bet?

nice find.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:10 PM   #4

Hello there,

Visited Samsung's website to find out info on that camera. Nothing on it yet, but there are two of its littlebrothers on the website:

http://product.samsung.com/event/opt...portscam_site/

Here is one of them. A sports cam that records at 720*480 at 30 fps. There are quite some sample videos on the website that are scaled down somewhat. The technical specs that are available are not very comphrehensive so one would need to contact Samsung to find out all the real specs. The price on the other camera was 399 USD in amazon.
mahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:23 PM   #5

Mah. looking att hose samples , made me think q twice about the camera. why/ pixaled. could not hold focus, and soften blurs on some. a camera should be able to capture sky blu and not show wter colour skies. it is a tapeless machine and it seemed to have been jittered on the jumps and caused blurriness, pixals and nore otherwise . I got very boredwatching moto biking over and over I would have liked to se some zooming in action on other scenerios. to show kawasaki bikingand nothing else. may tell you

keep looking. or its a grab to have? your choice...
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:38 PM   #6

Those re-compressed samples at Samsung's site are not representative of the actual video created by those Minikets. I've seen actual video direct from theMinikets and it's pretty good, especially the optical zooming. They didn't do so well in low light, however, and of course, as we discussedin Septemberthe stills were low resolution.

This new model, with it's 6 mega-pixels (and considering Samsungmakes good digicams that can take good photos), is very promising.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:03 AM   #7

BAH! They (CES or Samsung?) are really confused!

I got the original SC-MS25 info and photo from CES Innovations 2006 Awards Honoreesweb site. (product image looks like a CG image)

Now here is aSamsung press release. This makes it sound a like an updated version of the VP-MS10, 11 and 15 series we talked about in September. So the camera described at the top doesn't exist after all? :sad: They will be "credit card" 6-in-1hybrids with 3x optical zoom then.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 3:51 AM   #8

trying to hit the red panic button

thats alright cl you did good