Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:28 AM   #11

Agreed none of the expensive ones seem to have AV-IN.

The bullet Cam i will go for would probably be :

http://www.sports-camera.com/helmet_...ameras_/_packs

I looked at the Tony Hawk cam - good idea but not good resolution or images.

How much difference will 10mpix compared to 6 make?

I will hunt down that link you mentioned unless you have a direct link?

Thanks

Chris
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:29 AM   #12

Likewise I would be interested to hear as soon as poss regarding how you find the DV-1000!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:42 AM   #13

Nessy you got a couple of good guys here, and truely answered your questions;

when you said c6 you are talking a very high price range for a camera or hybrid.

I would spend it on a jvc, sony, or other home move camcorder,

Now as you stated you need the imput jack. the Mpvr is an ideal camera for that feature but. I cannot recall if creative labs has an av input take a look at that as well b4 U decide?

Sgspirit, and Booby c have excellent points.

and The aiptek series you pointed out is tawain base not USA base the aiptekmpvr2k6 known overseas is te 6800

10 megvs 6.6 meg (lol) its all interpolated you must look at the lowest or the megapixals true ones 3 meg is the aiptek, if the 8800 or89-- you call it is 3 meg interpolated to 10

they wil be da same
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:22 PM   #14

Hi Fishy - I agree, people are very helpful and I really appreciate that.

I'm not interested in the expensive cameras due to the fact it could easily break! I'm over in the UK so product codes even seem different to the US ones! I still can't find the DV8900 over here though. It does say base megapix of 5 and then with software manipulation gives 10? Has anyone used the DV8900 or is it called something else?

Thanks,

Chris
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:56 PM   #15

Nessy the camera is not sold in the North America region, it may be on display at the Ces Las vegas expo the camera may be found in tawains site and over there. if it is not the hybrid is too new. Sorry but have youtried shouting out to Aiptek by phone
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:25 PM   #16

Ok - that clears that up, knowing its not over in the states helps. I'll have to keep an eye on the CES to see if they make it official.

I may try calling them next week.

Thanks for your help and info. Still interested on the DV-1000 so if anyone gets one let us know what you think.....
Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:46 PM   #17

Chosen.....

looks like I will be ordering a Digilife DDV-1000 instead of the Aiptek. I have a good deal and hopefully the CCD will give better image quality....

Will review once I get it.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:06 PM   #18

Specs on it are actually MORE IMPRESSIVE in EVERY WAYthan the MPVRs (never thought I'd say that :-))....looking forward to your review. Also, how much did it cost you?

After some more CAREFUL review...I have come to the conclusion that the MPVR is SLIGHTLY better due to more features AND a better user interface (otherwise the 1000 beats the"dirt" out of it :-)) The button placement on the Digilife 1000 just doesn't seem as comfortable as the MPVR. ALSO, it leaves the USB port and AV IN port completely unsheltered. Actually that's not such a bad thing, the MPVR has a cheap, flimsly little cover there that is a bit annoying. It also seems to be missing photo frames, Night Modeand MOST IMPORTANTLY 2 in 1 shot (ok it's not THAAAAT important lol :-)but i like it). I fear it won't hold up as well in low light situations due to the lack of a night mode. OH and on EBAY NEWit's ~$60 more than the MPVR. Not TOO bad actually, was expecting it to be more.

Some Pros VS MPVR (based on SPECS ALONE)

5MP CCD Image Sensor (VS 3MP CMOS)

Portrait Focus (along with Landscape and Machro)

Better shutter speed (snap shots quicker)

.1 inch LARGER screen (2.4 VS 2.5 1000)

HIGHER QUALITY 640x480 VIDEO MODE

STILL looking forward to your review :G I hope it turns out better in low light than I think it will!
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 5:27 AM   #19

OK - thanks for the info and I will let you know. HOWEVER......

I was about to order when I checked one more site and found this:

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=20443

It looks like the DigiLife DDV-1000 rebranded? It has a few differences from what I can see (i.e. the lense is bigger, but would that mean better?).

Any help, info and advice much appreciated before I order (which one!!!)..

by the way - DDV-1000 = £160 (GBP) and Aria = £105 (GBP).

Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:01 PM   #20

the site was not working. you say the lens is bigger is it bigger in the spec. or is it bigger in the picture. the sensors are like a led they all are the same size the outer casing or the cover or glass may be bigger. hope you pick what fits your needs and good lucjk in the choice again........