Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:00 AM   #1

I've bought a new DigiLife DDV-M1

i know that it could play MPEG4 but i don't know why when i copy some file into it but it can't read them.Eventhough i used the Ulead software to convert these files into .avi file

Please help me
.::Min Gyu::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 3:56 AM   #2

Welcome Min..........

Sgspirit may have your answer be paitient he checks in every few days.

1 have you treid loading it with the converter and got a clip0001 name on it

you must have in some converter or cameras the correct file name

clip0001 is th cameras name what file name after dcip/100 media/ the extension name?

if it is not then it will only be written on the sd card. and card will fail so if you have clip0001 ALREADY ON THE SD CARD RENAME IT TO CLIP0901 SO ANY CLIPS YOU ADD IN WILL NOT GET OVERWRITEN

THAT IS THE ONLY HELP FOR NOW I KNOW. RESEARCH THE TOPICS THERE MAY BE FEW THREADS HERE SORRYFOR THE CAPS i HIT BY ACCIDENT

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:29 AM   #3

Okie...thank you so much...it worked

Thanx for your help
.::Min Gyu::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:32 PM   #4

Glad it was a lil overlooking problem. we tend to forget to name them and that leads to not seeing the files.

you may tell others how you fixed the situation thanx mod FISHY
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:53 PM   #5

excuse me pls, i'm a newbie from Hong Kong!!!!!!!!! i've got a DDV-M1 at today, but i've got some question on it, i hope that someone can help me to solve this problem (aslo, my english is not so gd, hope everyone can understand it, sorry)

My problem is : "Can I transfer the pictures from PC to DDV-M1 and if it is work, howcan i do that?????"
:?

jacqueline_mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 3:03 PM   #6

Welcome Jacqueline...... no need to say sorry for your grammer. we are not perfect.

1 sgspirit has answered that question, and I cannot locate his topic here.

you can load all your pictures to the camera. if you try these simple instructions and they work you learned how to do so.

If not please locate sgspirits tpoic in here or wait for him to appear online 20 posts and i canno keep up sorry..................

having a window open. not fully extended. open up the camera or sd card. dcim/100media and then highlight pics from pc drag to 100media close windows and turn on camera and hit playback. most models work.

1 the jpegs must be the same name as the the camera pic if the camera says pic0001 then your pics must be named pic0900-09200 for 200 pictures. so when you snap pics later on they will not get mixed up.

if the camera does not support instant drag and pics you may need to rename the pic files sgspirit will have his topic up here telling you how to. again

Its here and I cannot find the topic sorry
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:42 PM   #7

There are three issues with displaying photos not taken by the camera:

- file folder location
- file naming
- file format

To get the file folder location correct, just take a picture with the camera, then use your computer to find the photo. This will take you through the correct folder, which the camera will create if it doesn't already exist. You will want to copy your external photo file into this folder. Where it is depends on the camera and whether you have a memory card inserted.

To get the external photo named correctly, just note the syntax of the photo you took with the camera, and name your external photo the same way. You can replace the four number position characters with any numbers, but there must be no more and no less than four numbers.

Some photos will display in the camera without messing around, but most won't. What you need to do is use photo editing software. Just open the external photo with the software, and save it as a .jpg file, using the file naming convention as I just described. You don't need to modify the photo. Copy it to the right folder in the camera's memory, and see if the camera will display it. If not, try another photo editor. I use Xnview, and its jpg output is compatible with my hybrids.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:51 PM   #8

but if i download the fotos from PC to the camera, can i used it at the opening theme??????? just look like the mobile phone~~~~~~~~~~~~thx a lot
jacqueline_mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:15 AM   #9

jacqueline_mar wrote:
Quote:
but if i download the fotos from PC to the camera, can i used it at the opening theme??????? just look like the mobile phone~~~~~~~~~~~~thx a lot
Any still picture that's viewable on the camera can be used as the Startup screen. It is selected on the Set, Startup Screen menu. The startup sound and other camera sounds, however, cannot be changed ... just turned on or off (see Set, Sound menu).

This applies to the Ispan DDV-910, so should also apply to Digilife DDV-M1. Don't know if it also applies to the DDV-1000
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:00 AM   #10

I believer you are asking

Can I start up my camera and have a picture as a screensaver, like my cellphone?

you cannot open up the camera and see a picture of yourself or a subject. whe it is turned on. thee are no functions avaiable

the camera has an internal memory,Flash memory,of16mb desinated for the camera operationg , and the buffer. systems. the other 16mb are desinated to the savings. this is called a 32mb internal memory.

Some cameras get off synch due not enough memory to the buffer.

As I am awaiting an answer from AIptek about how to repair the internal memory 16mb flash memory. maybe we can minipulate the software there may be a set of keys to press with the on button

but again you need to explain your Question more clearly. and we are all thinking you have a jpeg loading problem while you mentioned you now want to make a screensaver.

If I missread I appologise , but if I have to interpete i am correct?